Redback Garrison
Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Garrison Command News (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison (/thread-1243.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - Kev Vader - Sunday 26-Sep-2010

Well Done Scotty - but don't expect much kneeling from me!! HeheheHehehe

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - Cutter - Sunday 26-Sep-2010

Emperor of Oz heh....

Bring me a kangaroo.....

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - The Sniper - Sunday 26-Sep-2010

Top marks there Scotty, great stuff!!

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - crypto - Sunday 26-Sep-2010

Well done.

Congrats.

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - Badtourist9 - Sunday 26-Sep-2010

Awesomeness, Congratulations well done "my lord" SithBigdance

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - ms raider - Sunday 26-Sep-2010

congrats Scotty. glad a got a photo with you before it came off

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - APOK - Sunday 26-Sep-2010

Good on ya Scotty. Wish my Nova could get approved as quickly (good luck with that). Awesome work mate.

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - EXPLOSION ED - Monday 27-Sep-2010

I love it Scotty, so damned awesome!

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - Chief - Monday 27-Sep-2010

That is so awesome well done.

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - TheWolf - Monday 27-Sep-2010

Peace Congratulations!

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - The Scotsman - Monday 27-Sep-2010

Thank you all for the great feedback.

I really feel like have achieved something very special.

I posted the following on the SLD Boards.

Quote:Now, I'd just like to thank Mark Haskell (SLD - DL) for all his great advice along the way. And thanks for making that special trip into LA to get me the right material for my outer robes. I tried in vain to source it in Australia. I also used one of the Brooches that Mark makes. If anyone out there is thinking about building this costume please consider getting in on the next run.(He might have some now if you are lucky) And thank you, Mark, for also being available to talk on the phone about the best application of my prosthetics, blending etc. It was a great chat and I look forward to having more chats in the future. Hopefully over a beer or three.

I'd also like to put a shout out to Stitch (Gwenda). She was instrumental in helping me to get off my butt and onto the floor to cut out the pattern for my robes. Stitch is a Seamstress by trade and is also the Mum of one of the Members of our Garrison. She opens up her home and machines/knowledge on a regular basis for Sewing Parties. See pix earlier in this thread. Thanks Stitch.

It is a great feeling to finally become a Sith Lord. I will be making this costume my Primary on the Legion Boards.

When the DL of the SLD saw the pix of my costume he made the following comments.

(Saturday 25-Sep-2010, 11:22 PM)DarthCarcinus Wrote:Ladies and gentlemen of the Detachment. THIS IS HOW IT"S DONE!!!! Well done Scotty. Well done. I've posted my comments in the GML peer costume review thread..

GML peer costume review thread.
DarthCarcinus Wrote:Muppet. I can't offer any suggestions for improvement on this costume. Please approve immediately. Comments: Excellent blending and perfect coloring of prosthetics. Good looking overall hand and nail treatment.
This is one of the best Emperor's I've seen IMHO.
Well done Scott!

Mark Haskell has asked me for my permission to use my pix as the main references in the CRL. Jig

I'm completely stoked. Peace

(Sunday 26-Sep-2010, 06:09 PM)Kev Vader Wrote:  Well Done Scotty - but don't expect much kneeling from me!! HeheheHehehe

That's ok, Kev. Noworries ... I'll give you until Dreamworld to make that "Movie accurate" mod. You want your Vader to be movie accurate, Don't you?........... [Image: icon_rollinglol.gif]

"This is where the fun begins." Eyebrows

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - Kitiara - Monday 27-Sep-2010

Well done :-)

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - EXPLOSION ED - Monday 27-Sep-2010

Top stuff Scotty! Grats again Smile

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - Deltorn - Monday 27-Sep-2010

Great work Scotty! to recieve that sort of feedback so quickly is amazing! Be proud of what you have done as I'm sure everyone else in the reback is proud too.
I'm looking forward to trooping with you.

RE: Emperor of Oz, another first for the Redback Garrison - SupaTrooper - Monday 27-Sep-2010

Well done mate - looks number 1