Redback Garrison
Yet another newbie... - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Fresh Recruits (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Yet another newbie... (/thread-2008.html)

Pages: 1 2

Yet another newbie... - Crampy - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Hey all, I am Crampy, and like Allan501st, I have been recruited by Hopfot.
I have been interested in the star wars series, and the extended universe, however, I have been living under a bit of a rock when it comes to star wars. (This will change with time and more use of uTorrent)

I'm still 17, which means I can't go in armour just yet, but when I am, I am very interested in making either a scout trooper, stormtrooper, or shadow scout, but am leaning towards the shadow scout (as you can tell from my signature), just for the practicality of the armour.

I think that's about it...

RE: Yet another newbie... - cobra - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Hi Crampy, welcome to the forums.

Yes you can go in armour, you just can't be a full 501st member until you're 18.
Sean Trooper in Townsville is not 18 yet and he has put together a great Stormtrooper Commander costume.
like Sean, you can join the "galactic academy" as a cadet, http://galactic-academy.com/
When your 18, provided you have a 501st Legion approved costume, you will be eligible to join us.

Now, as for these so called "cookies", the hard truth is this....there were never any cookies, ever!
I mean, what sort of promotional campaign is that?...bloody cookies!
Clearly rebel propaganda.

If you want cookies, or 'biscuits' as we call them here in Australia, join the rebel terrorists, they have all that soft stuff.

To be clear, The Empire has Steak, Chips & gravy and Beer and plenty of it! (Coke for those under 18)
As well as armour, blasters and Death-stars.

Put that on an Imperial promotional poster and watch the recruits arrive in droves.

Rick

RE: Yet another newbie... - muppet - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Welcome Crampy

Good on ya Hoppy for recruiting.

RE: Yet another newbie... - Jaster - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Welcome aboard.

RE: Yet another newbie... - The Sniper - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Hi there Crampy, welcome to the Redback forums. Think I meet you yesterday at the Bunnings troop.

RE: Yet another newbie... - The Scotsman - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Welcome.

RE: Yet another newbie... - Willza - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Welcome and Ricks right...... About the steak n beer. Oh and coffee lots n lots of coffee.

RE: Yet another newbie... - TheWolf - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Welcome!

I met you Yesterday at Bunnings. Smile

RE: Yet another newbie... - Kitiara - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Greetings and welcome.

I will go on to say that at armor parties you will sometimes find cookies......

RE: Yet another newbie... - Phantom - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Welcome along Crumpet Smile met you yesterday at Bunnings

RE: Yet another newbie... - hopfot - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

HEY CRUMPET. Only just joined and already have a nickname. Lol

As much as I would love to see more spec ops especially Shadow Scouts, the biker scout or Stormtrooper is probably the better way to go weather wise. Wink

Oh and yeah Crampy "Adam" and Alan501st "Alan" were the 2 support crew I bought with me yesterday. Wink

RE: Yet another newbie... - major payne - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

Hi Crumpet, another one of Hop's entourage :P

Welcome to the best damn Garrison this side of the galaxy!!

The double agent jedi's generally bring the baked goods, ie: biscuits, mars bar slice and hot cross buns, to our events, watch out! They'll suck you in Hehehe

RE: Yet another newbie... - hopfot - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

MARS BAR SLICE? WHERE?

RE: Yet another newbie... - t3rm1n83r - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

hey crumpet, im new to the forum and all 2. i met you at the bunnings thing, i was the guy that wasnt in any costume. welcome

RE: Yet another newbie... - Jaggered - Sunday 20-Mar-2011

(Sunday 20-Mar-2011, 12:56 AM)cobra Wrote:  Hi Crampy, welcome to the forums.

Yes you can go in armour, you just can't be a full 501st member until you're 18.
Sean Trooper in Townsville is not 18 yet and he has put together a great Stormtrooper Commander costume.
like Sean, you can join the "galactic academy" as a cadet, http://galactic-academy.com/
When your 18, provided you have a 501st Legion approved costume, you will be eligible to join us.

Now, as for these so called "cookies", the hard truth is this....there were never any cookies, ever!
I mean, what sort of promotional campaign is that?...bloody cookies!
Clearly rebel propaganda.

If you want cookies, or 'biscuits' as we call them here in Australia, join the rebel terrorists, they have all that soft stuff.

To be clear, The Empire has Steak, Chips & gravy and Beer and plenty of it! (Coke for those under 18)
As well as armour, blasters and Death-stars.

Put that on an Imperial promotional poster and watch the recruits arrive in droves.

Rick

...lol, welcome bud & gotta love being naughty Wink