CavX - Support
Rubber – Support
Pocketpeach – D2L Support
Leah – D2L Support
Rhianne - D2L Support
Barry - Support
Rowena Bulner - Support

Details:
Arriving early was essential as a large turnout was expected and there were limited parks. The Redbacks were joined by three other groups each of which added outstanding elements to the event. With our change area divided over two areas in order to assist the Space marines in moving through the event, the presence of dedicated Support Crew was critical for the success of the event. Even more important was the fact that the Support Crew present assisted all the costumed attendees there regardless of costume or club. With many thousands of attendees at the event, and with robots the central theme, there was a huge demand for photo ops with all the troopers and droids in attendance, and with perfect conditions for trooping, the day flew by.

Charity Funds Raised:
$861.90 for the Starlight Foundation plus a donation to the QUT Learning Potential Fund (established to provide scholarships and bursaries to students in need)

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Blue Space Marine lost his ammo belt after a bump from a bystander;
The Dalek lost a knobbily bit due to an overenthusiastic child.

Public Incidents:

An unnamed 501st Legion CO managed to SNAFU the boom-gate ticketing machine on the way out and cause a traffic jam in the carpark.

Pocketpeach questioned her life choices when de-armouring a sweaty Cyberman.

Mission Status:

Success!

Photos:

[Image: 20867637565_0008306d1f_o.jpg][/quote]
Just..... awesome...
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Great result team!
I brought the family along to this event as a spectator. It was interesting seeing the event from the other side, and to watch the public's interaction with the wranglers. It was very difficult for the wranglers to protect the troopers, rattle tins and take photos. It just reinforced to me the need to get more blue carded members to wrangle events like this. The troopers and wranglers I saw on the day did a great job but I think the blue card wrangler issue is going to be an ongoing bugbear for us.

That issue wasn't visible to the public, I saw the smiles and reactions from the public as they had photos taken or even just watching the troopers walk past. The impact all the costumers had on this event was significant.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Awesome. Great result. Congrats to all who attended.
(Wednesday 26-Aug-2015, 11:53 AM)Kev Vader Wrote:  Public Incidents:

An unnamed 501st Legion CO managed to SNAFU the boom-gate ticketing machine on the way out and cause a traffic jam in the carpark.

Pocketpeach questioned her life choices when de-armouring a sweaty Cyberman.

awww that was what was going on at the exit Smile

oh also would like to add many kudos to Barry (and the other wranglers to of course) he was doing a great job balancing peoples cameras, the rattle tin and making sure that sure everyone got a pic in as fair an order as possible in that enveloping cloud we had around us
DW2013 to DW2018
Great result guys, I too went along as a spectator with wife and child in tow.
It was great to see the Redbacks and D2L in full swing from the outside. It's a good reminder why I love this hobby so much.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Great job Smile
GCSN16 >> GCSN18  
DW2016 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18
BN15 >> SN18
Can you please explain the Bluecard wrangler challenge? I've got a blue card and more often than not a wrangler.
====================================================================
Proud Redback Garrison member, Redback Alliance member and Tatooine Base CO
Great troop and awesome result with the fund raising.
Wrangling is a skill acquired over time and at the end of the troop, you don't have any costumes to pack up and take to your car.

Winner!!!!

Oh, except if Vader is there and you have to help take his costume to the car. Smile
Or, you have to undress a sweaty Cyberman. Hope you've recovered Pocketpeach Sad
Great troop! Enjoyed every minute and was chuffed to see my "wife wrangler" doing crowd control, can rattling and having a good time. I usually film but this event never gave me the chance as I enjoyed the 4 hours in armour troop.
[Image: 20868572156_8d28a444d1_c.jpg]

Like our new Redback transport ?
[Image: 20680883359_4ae08ef942_o.jpg]

Caught on GateCam !
[Image: 20895371925_9ae248881d.jpg]
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
(Wednesday 26-Aug-2015, 08:04 PM)Rubber Wrote:  Great troop and awesome result with the fund raising.
Wrangling is a skill acquired over time and at the end of the troop, you don't have any costumes to pack up and take to your car.

Winner!!!!

Oh, except if Vader is there and you have to help take his costume to the car. Smile
Or, you have to undress a sweaty Cyberman. Hope you've recovered Pocketpeach Sad

De-armouring a sweaty Vader wouldn't be much fun either Wink
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
The blue spacemarine had his costume damaged due to kids pulling parts off because their parents were spurring them on ! He was then pushed from behind and collided with a lady, headbutting her .....

These actions were enough to call a end to the day .
(Thursday 27-Aug-2015, 07:14 AM)crypto Wrote:  The blue spacemarine had his costume damaged due to kids pulling parts off because their parents were spurring them on ! He was then pushed from behind and collided with a lady, headbutting her .....

Whilst conventions like Oz Comic-Con and Supanova may be massively crowded and insanely busy, at least the attendees at them have a fairly basic understanding of the unwritten rules of behaviour: use manners, and be respectful of other costumers.
(Thursday 27-Aug-2015, 07:14 AM)crypto Wrote:  The blue spacemarine had his costume damaged due to kids pulling parts off because their parents were spurring them on ! He was then pushed from behind and collided with a lady, headbutting her .....

so very wrong Sad think the parents actions are worse even if they assumed we were paid entertainers you are still actively destroying someone else's property and putting that lady in danger.

I got a small push in the back from one teenager with a group of friends and then moments later found him trying to get my blaster from my holster in the middle of people getting their pics taken.... I may have told him to go away in very specific terms but I was then distracted during the rest of the pictures as was continually keeping a eye on where they were

Kev's right though, the Con's while being busier are at least visited by people that know the deal
DW2013 to DW2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report QUT - Robotronica Teiwaz 11 7,062 Monday 2-Sep-2019, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Teiwaz
Troop Report Robotronica 2017 Teiwaz 14 15,762 Saturday 26-Aug-2017, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Studio 49