Hummingbird House World Hospice Day
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday 10th October 2015

Venue: Hummingbird House World Hospice Day

Time: 10.00am – 3.00pm

Mission: To provide entertainment and help raise money for Hummingbird House at the first “open to the public” opportunity to visit the site of the Hummingbird House facility.

Trooper Attendance:
Redback Garrison
Altair – TK
Dark Dora - DZ
Hydro - TB
Sly – TK
Teiwaz – TB

Support Crew:
Nesath
MyKill

Details:

0820 - Altair arrived on site and had a briefing with the Hummingbird House command staff. The deployment of 501st troopers was discussed and it was decided a better tactical move to relocate our post next to the coffee van Smile

0830 - Bump in - Troopers Teiwaz and Dark Dora arrived in their imperial transport with the "Wanted" sign prop. The shuttle's cargo bay was quickly emptied, the prop setup and the crew set off to find their HQ for the day.

0930 - By this time further reinforcements had arrived at HQ and the team began getting kitted up for the day.

1000 - Armed with donations buckets, our troops were out and about taking photos and collecting money for Hummingbird House. The crowd was great, small but constant which was good.

1130 - A quick water break and sugar hit for our crew.

1145 - After our re-hydration stop we were back to trooping! Many more photos were taken.

1230 - Lunch time for the crew.

1315 - It was a quiet afternoon so we decided to just send out our biker scouts... to keep an eye on a specific jawa! The stormtroopers retired from trooping for the day.

1445 - After a quiet but pleasant afternoon, the day was winding up so we headed back to HQ.

1510 - Bump out

1530 - A nearby tavern was picked up on our scan of the Chermside sector. The remaining crew decided to investigate to source much needed beverages.

Charity Funds Raised: $92.95

Injuries / Malfunctions: A rebel goat tried to eat Teiwaz's thermal det! and Dark Dora's robes got caught up in Hydro's blaster holder.

Public Incidents: None to report.

Mission Status: Success! A lot of the public were very generous with donations considering many had purchased Hummingbird House shirts/hats and also purchased from the various market stalls. A big thank you to all the troopers and support crew, you all did a great job. Thanks also goes to Nesath for taking the photos!

Some feedback from the Hummingbird House team - "You guys really gave the event a wonderful atmosphere...and I think everyone (both children and parents) enjoyed seeing you there. I think our attendees got some wonderful photos with your team on the day, and will remember their time at the event for quite a while. I’ll be sure to keep you up to date on any events the 501st Redback Garrison can be involved with in the future."

Photos:

The Hummingbird House construction is well under way!
[Image: XnFCLUo.jpg]

The Wanted Sign prop
[Image: V9TXgah.jpg]

TK chatter - "No way! Let the the TB hold the snake!"
[Image: 5UT3VBd.jpg]

Hummingbird House Mascot
[Image: oxQb5Ov.jpg]

Never turn your back on a Jawa... unless you're getting a massage!
[Image: pyCyk1O.jpg]

501st Redback Garrison always support our local community
[Image: jEgJCaI.jpg]

Troopers inspecting the coffee van to make sure it is up to code.... Jawas care not for java, there are other things not bolted down!
[Image: aDddA3Q.jpg]

TB Teiwaz teaching other troopers his famous one and only photo pose!
[Image: bYZcFPH.jpg]

Making friends
[Image: h9zqBt6.jpg]

Dark Dora and Teiwaz waltzing around
[Image: CAmaIqD.jpg]

Join the darkside!
[Image: 7pJQJka.jpg]
Great work!
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great report John a well organised operation as always.

The Hummingbird people were great. Very supportive of us and great to work with. We look forward to more troops with them supporting the house.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Was a great little troop
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hey Altair,

Can we use the hummingbird house construction pic for the public Facebook page?

Also wouldn't mind having the TK by the Redback sign in the back pocket for another day too

Thanks Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
Awesome looking Troop. Looks like you all had a great time. Congrats!
No problem mate. I'll send you the higer-res pics as these ones have been resized.

(Sunday 11-Oct-2015, 06:40 PM)Duras Wrote:  Hey Altair,

Can we use the hummingbird house construction pic for the public Facebook page?

Also wouldn't mind having the TK by the Redback sign in the back pocket for another day too

Thanks Wink
Great job guys
DW2016GCSN16
Great work looked like a fun troop!
I've learned that winter is gone and summer is coming with it's friend, UV!

for some reason I was craving a plate of lobster this morning,

[Image: IMG_20151011_092303557_zpsgzntpvud.jpg]

SUNSCREEN IS IMPORTANT! especially if you possess vast quantities of pasty, freckled Scottish skin.

Otherwise I had a great time, raising awareness for a great cause, with great people. What more could you ask for? (Besides aloe).
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Fun little troop really enjoyed being part of it. Smile
GCSN16 >> GCSN18  
DW2016 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18
BN15 >> SN18
Looked like a great troop guys! Shame I couldn't make it!
Hmm Im noticing a pattern with Altair and Sly......there always seems to be a coffee van involved hahahaha

Great work Troopers and Wranglers!!!
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Looks like a great, fun troop. Well done guys!
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Was a nice fun troop Smile
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hummingbird House - Honour Guard Donut 3 6,726 Monday 19-Jun-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: iamanna91
Troop Report Hummingbird House Visit Teiwaz 10 13,804 Friday 24-Mar-2017, 06:36 AM
Last Post: BigDub
Troop Report 26/9 Hummingbird House Fundraiser - Coles Cannon Hill kieran 13 18,528 Monday 28-Sep-2015, 07:57 PM
Last Post: MyKill