need advice on first armour
Well seeing how everyone is chipping in........

Give a little thought about a TK (Stormtrooper) as your first armour.

It's a great way to get hands on and immerse yourself into this costuming club.

It may seem a really big project to take on. But once you start, it comes together quite quickly. Especially with a little help from the troopers that have gone before.

When you have gotten your TK approved you will gain access to a number of sites and "Sales Threads" which will help you with other costumes you may be interested in making.

This is an expensive hobby. So be careful where you end up spending your money as you might have to spend even more fixing problems. Research is the key.

And remember..... Do what makes YOU happy.

PM me if you would like any more advice.

Good luck with whatever you end up deciding to build.

Cheers,

Scotty
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
I totally agree with The Scotsman. Most of us get a TK as our first costume/character then look at another one, often an "soft" costume. Being a full member allows access into new sections and options. Also wrangling for a troop give you an idea of what we do and a good understanding of this type of costuming. One last thing, be nice to the boss, our Lord Vader, or he will force choke you.Hehehe
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Good advice, I'm gunna take a look at reds tk next weekend when I'm down, I can see why I'm up for and the hidden extras that lurk. Pray for inspiration between then. Maybe play kotor again.
Good idea. I'm going to go play some Kotor too Hehehe
Hey, if you're coming down next weekend and have some time to spare, drop into the Model Hobbies Expo, I'd be keen to show you some armour in action, mine's the same maker as redpaints.
[Image: sterb104.gif]
Where and when, I'm jamming in as much as I can that weekend and if I can get there I'll let you know
Haha, here's a link to the thread: http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=974

No sweat if you can't make it. I'm sure you'll be pretty busy anyway, just an offer if you were looking for something to do. Peace
Sounds sweet, coinidently I also play warhammer 40k so it's like 2 birds with one stone. It'll have to be Saturday. Any time preferable?
When ever you can get there, we'll be there 9-5 Sat. Will be a good fun troop! If you want to hang around for a while, you're more than welcome to help wrangle for a bit.

Which army do you play 40k with? I used to play eldar back in another life.
Space marines, I've just finished my 4th army so I'm moving on to something else for a while
play IG armoured company of 28 battle tanks and even bigger tanks "loves forgeworld"

or deme titan legion of 2 reavers and a warhound

oh wait that's what i got
[Image: FirstAirCavBumberSticker.jpg]

:dw11:
:sn11:

Bunch of Nerds!

Hang on, I'm running a convention next year for us Nerds!!!
"Rumours and slander are the currency of narrow minded fools, yet truth, though often unpalatable, is the greatest reward known to man"
sounds like a great plan there goose Doppeldaumen1
[Image: FirstAirCavBumberSticker.jpg]

:dw11:
:sn11:

Should try To make it a public holiday
Nerd day
It is a public holiday...Mayday long weekend!
"Rumours and slander are the currency of narrow minded fools, yet truth, though often unpalatable, is the greatest reward known to man"