need advice on first armour
Ok so I have my first project, it's a clone paratrooper bucket from a company called the star fortress. What does everyone think of this?
There is also a clone commander Keller that wears the same suit but with stylized markings
Is it a better idea to do a character or a trooper first?
the paratrooper would be easier.... keller looks a bit more complicated.

as for character vs trooper.. characters/commanders ten to have paint on them, and with more weathering and a couple more extras(macrobinocs, etc).. so depends how confident you are with painting/weathing your kit.
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Stay away from Star Fortress,
I haven't been Able to find another maker, do you know of another place you can find this bucket?
Pm me if you do
(Thursday 19-Aug-2010, 08:24 PM)muppet Wrote:  Stay away from Star Fortress,
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Have you looked on the Clonetrooper detachment site?
STAY AWAY FROM STAR FORTRESS

Try these sites-
http://clonetroopers.net/
http://www.clone-empire.com/

You will find the answers to all your questions.
Is it at all possible to build a tk from scratch in one ap?
Cause I want to get along to kevs and get as much input as I can
(Friday 20-Aug-2010, 10:01 AM)Martyr Wrote:  Is it at all possible to build a tk from scratch in one ap?

Yes, if you don't muck about and have some help, and clamps, lots of clamps.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Like 5 clamps?
What other tools will I need?
I might just have a bucket
"Is it at all possible to build a tk from scratch in one ap?"

If you want to do it right then I would say no unless you have about 6 or more people that have done it all before doing most of the work for you. Even then it would be a rush job and you may stuff it up. Ask about webbing fiascos haha. Take your time mate. It is great to be armoured up but better to be armoured up and in a really well put together suit. Even Mouldman would be hard pressed to get a whole suit looking great in a day and he has put together a whole lot of suits and I have cut about 10 out myself.

Just my 2 cents
Hehe some claim they can do that, but from trimming to gluing to webbing, there are thousands of tiny time consuming tasks that pop up.

At one AP, the boys decided I needed to get gluing and I kept putting it off. Eventually I got scolded and kidnapped, along with my armor.. a few guys took off with armfulls of armor and came back with them all glued and sanded *lol* Depends how people feel on the day, some days are absolute powerhouses for armoring, other days are like.. Yep.. I glued this peice of fabric to this peice of plastic... annnnd Im done, hand me a coke willya?
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
I was talking about FX or AM where it's already trimmed. You just gotta assemble it, web it and make it fit....
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
it is time consuming believe me i am going thru mine right now im taking my time because of all the advice i got...you don't want to rush it at all you do want a good looking suit at the end of it...as for the tools...Tiri had a good list when she did her build i used it as a guide to get all my tools
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15