need advice on first armour
(Monday 23-Aug-2010, 09:29 PM)TheWolf Wrote:  I was talking about FX or AM where it's already trimmed. You just gotta assemble it, web it and make it fit....

Yeah like uhh *cough* mine.. still sitting in bits in a box XD
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Sorry guys my bad, I'll only have the bucket that day, can I do a abs bucket in a day?
(Monday 23-Aug-2010, 09:33 PM)Martyr Wrote:  Sorry guys my bad, I'll only have the bucket that day, can I do a abs bucket in a day?

Maybe..... But not likely.

My 2cents

This is for a TK bucket.

You could get the eyes and teeth cut out.

Then you will need to sand the ears and get them right so that the bucket comes together well.

Then you should be able to assemble it. Adding the trim on the frown if you like. As well as some pinch weld around the opening at the base.

Next you can paint the teeth. What colour Grey or Black. (ANH or ESB). And you will also need to paint the ears too.

When that is done you will have to wait until the paint dries. Banghead

After that you can glue in the mesh behind the teeth. And the Lenses will need to go in as well.

And finally the decals go on.

Bucket complete.

Now this does not take into account that at every AP there are always any number of distractions. And it doesn't include if you want to have fans in there. Or a comms system....

And don't forget you have to get your head in there as well. Hehehe
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Take Apoks' advice and not rush it mate. Slow and steady wins the race and makes you suit look real good.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
(Monday 23-Aug-2010, 10:01 PM)The Scotsman Wrote:  
(Monday 23-Aug-2010, 09:33 PM)Martyr Wrote:  Sorry guys my bad, I'll only have the bucket that day, can I do a abs bucket in a day?

Maybe..... But not likely.

My 2cents

This is for a TK bucket.

You could get the eyes and teeth cut out.

Then you will need to sand the ears and get them right so that the bucket comes together well.

Then you should be able to assemble it. Adding the trim on the frown if you like. As well as some pinch weld around the opening at the base.

Next you can paint the teeth. What colour Grey or Black. (ANH or ESB). And you will also need to paint the ears too.

When that is done you will have to wait until the paint dries. Banghead

After that you can glue in the mesh behind the teeth. And the Lenses will need to go in as well.

And finally the decals go on.

Bucket complete.

Now this does not take into account that at every AP there are always any number of distractions. And it doesn't include if you want to have fans in there. Or a comms system....

And don't forget you have to get your head in there as well. Hehehe

I did mine in 4hrs... I know this as I took photos of mine in bits, and then fully finished... the camera records the time the photo was taken..

from this
[Image: 1707100024.jpg]

to this
[Image: 1707100090.jpg]

So it is doable!!! Hehehe
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Cool, I'll get a start anyway, which will be good
Talking about building the bucket, depending on the finish you want.
I helped on Wilza's bucket at his last AP,and it took me a good 2hrs to file down and sand the ears to fit flush. This saves the need of having to fill the gaps between the ears and the bucket with filler. All comes down to the quality of the finish that you want.
(Tuesday 24-Aug-2010, 05:54 AM)muppet Wrote:  Talking about building the bucket, depending on the finish you want.
I helped on Wilza's bucket at his last AP,and it took me a good 2hrs to file down and sand the ears to fit flush. This saves the need of having to fill the gaps between the ears and the bucket with filler. All comes down to the quality of the finish that you want.

Oh NO! My secret's out
Sus
Hehehe Hehehe

ok.. i do admit i had to use filler on the ears Aaaah

still came out good though Smile
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Bucket ordered!!!!
Hell yeah bring on kevcon 2010 here I come!
(Tuesday 24-Aug-2010, 01:35 PM)seantrooper Wrote:  
(Tuesday 24-Aug-2010, 05:54 AM)muppet Wrote:  Talking about building the bucket, depending on the finish you want.

Oh NO! My secret's out
Sus
Hehehe Hehehe

ok.. i do admit i had to use filler on the ears Aaaah

still came out good though Smile

The original helmets were rough and had gaps,
Took my time with building my sandtrooper suit, but got the results & enjoyed every moment of it. Both APOK & mouldman can tell you the stories of how much time & effort I spent & put into it. Sometimes look at it as a piece of art. Td
I survived Dreamworld 2010
:dw11:
DW2012
I maybe short, but my mum always told me all nice things come in small packages
I've heard some of the stories, like your mother-in-law almost throw or did throw out half your armour after a bad storm down the coast.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
True story about the mother-in-law throwing out some pieces of my suit. First my snips, glue & all the sand paper went in the bin. The second time it was the decals to my helmet. Pretty much have to keep my suit under lock & key. Td
I survived Dreamworld 2010
:dw11:
DW2012
I maybe short, but my mum always told me all nice things come in small packages
Mother in laws....
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
bucket arrived today *elated*
come with some sweet trading cards too