Troop Report 
Date:
19/08/2010

Venue:
Logan North Library

Time:
18:00 - 20:00

Mission:
To enter a team of troopers into a science fiction trivia competition.

Trooper Attendance: (all in civilian gear)
SuperAzza
TheWolf
Sniper
Fampa

Support Crew:
nil

Detail:
An elite team of troopers were dispatched to Logan Library for their annual sci-fi trivia competition! Armed only with our nerd knowledge and wits, we arrived at the library (Superazza a little late, stuck in the hyperlanes) and registered ourselves as the mighty Redback Garrison. With 8 other teams it was always going to be a hard slog but we picked a comfy set of sofas and settled in for a brain busting 2 hours.

There were six catergories in all, round 1 was Dr Who, which was definately a hard round. This was followed by a Star Trek round, which despite the odds, did exceptionally well in. Then came the mammoth music round, 25 peices of music we had to name. Taking a break for some much needed sugar, we then entered our element - THE STAR WARS round. Nailed it! This was followed by a random sci fi question round, everything from stargate to babylon 5. Last but not least was the picture round.

Feeling a little confident, the winners were announced. The Trekkies came 3rd. The mighty Redbacks, only 3 points behind first came 2nd and the brisbane sci fi group came 1st. Out prizes included a Star Trek figurine, a Star Trek DVD, a space DVD narrated by Captain Picard, and a book. The Stormtroopers were not impressed lol. Still the team did fantastic! Congratulations and looking forward to next year!

Injuries:
nil

Malfunctions:
We may have got one Star Wars question wrong........................
(Without looking it up! What was the amount Jabba the Hutt and Boushh settled on for the bounty of Chewbacca?)

Public Incidents:
nil

Mission Status:
Came second! Well done!

Photos:
Hopefully get some emailed in the next few days.
Well done people
*without looking it up*

"He offers the sum of 35, and I do suggest you take it"

I gotta know XD Original bounty was 25, Boushh demanded 50.

and well done! Smile
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
A fun night, and we didn't stir the Trekkies up, too much. I saw 1 of them today at the model show. They really need to buy new costumes.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Good work guys, well done!
[Image: sterb104.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Robina Town Centre Star Wars Trivia Night Flashheart 3 6,103 Saturday 6-May-2017, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report Westfield Helensvale Star Wars Trivia Night Flashheart 3 5,885 Saturday 6-May-2017, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Logan Library Imagine Expo chopper 11 14,056 Wednesday 31-Aug-2016, 08:31 AM
Last Post: ponchomon