Troop Report 
Date:
Saturday 16th July, 2016

Venue:
Astro Pete's Cafe and Telescopes 2120 Logan Road, Upper Mt Gravatt

Time:
6:00pm - 8:00pm

Mission:
We have a yearly party at the store where we do a free mass public astronomy night. We'll be viewing Moon, Jupiter and Saturn. It would be great to have the 501st there because a lot of the attendees are young Star Wars fans who would enjoy interacting with their heroes.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG:
4159 Beanie FOTK
3989 Buzzard IC - Scanning Crew
31138 Cavx - IG
41138 Crea8tiv - TA
8836 Dino - TD
5092 Glitch - Clone
6362 KattaK - Boushh
20552 MyKill - Officer

RL:
Chopper - Rebel Pilot
Redav - TFA C3PO
ALRAKIS - Jedi

GA
CSL0582- Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader Pre Armour (Cameron)
CKOR0581 - Kylo Ren (Cody)
CTB1276 - TB (Liam)
CREY1273 - Rey (Megan)
CJED- Jedi (JJ)

Support Crew:
Shazzam - Cadet

Details:
Imperial shuttles started arriving early and control of the change room was acquired to prepare for an awesome troop.
At approximately 6pm troopers filed out to the amazement of the small crowd in attendance.
Unfortunately, the rain kept the telescopes locked away, so the only stars to be seen were the characters from Star Wars.
Considering the wet weather, we did have a steady flow of earthlings, young and old requesting photos.
Troopers in search of the droids, invaded the Nandos Cantina, surprised the staff and patrons and then left empty handed. They found C3PO attempting to blend in with some sort of communication box. He thought they wouldn't recognise him with the red arm. They also found a suspicious looking R2 unit who appeared to be able to do a rather unique balancing act to avoid detection.
Astro Pete thanked the troopers for their hard work with a generous donation to the MS Moonlight Walk, and gave each of the GA a small gift to thank them for their efforts too.
At 8:00pm approx. Troopers returned to the change room to de-armour and returned to the cafe for a meal. Beanie was elated when he received Order 66.

Charity Funds Raised:
$357 ($300 donation from Astro Pete and $57 raised in the tin)

Injuries / Malfunctions:
C3PO's eyes twinkled like the stars we couldn't see.
The clonetrooper had his knee armour blow out after a run in with a suspicious looking astro droid.

Public Incidents:
Before the troop, a mannequined Masterchief had an urge to attack and fell over, coming off a little worse for wear.

Mission Status:
Success!

Photos: Thanks to Buzzard and Astro Pete for the photos

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1468709620487.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: FB_IMG_1468709217128.jpg]

[Image: 66.jpg]

More images can be found here:
Astro Pete's 5th Birthday Slideshow
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Awesome report, was a great night lots of fun Smile
“Your a member of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.”
woot, an another awesome night! thanks all for the help and fun troop.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Was a really great troop! Had so much fun... Only time I'm genuinely allowed to be a winger is when I wear Goldenrod!..... Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 160405-q3UIBsCIbCKA.jpg]
Was a great night and a great troop. Shame about the rain stopping the star gazing.

The kids really enjoyed it as well.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Looks like a lot of fun was had by all! Great job troopers Smile
Great fun, great troop, great dinner (I ordered 3 people behind beanie - make your own jokes - beanie sure did) great report, great night!

I Still feel responsible for being the person standing closest to the mannequin when it fell over, doesn't matter that it wasn't my fault.

Duct-tape fixes everything!!!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Was a good night trooping even if the weather kept the crowds away, I need to get out there more often.
Very cool everyone, well done Smile
Poor Masterchief.
Sounds like it was an awesome troop.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Great report and a fun troop as always. On the "bright side" Master chief's mishap caused some rather awesome looking, realistic "Battle Damage" that should probably be left alone. Looking forward to the 6th birthday bash.
Looks like it was a blast, maybe next year I can get to this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Scenic Rim Astronomy Association Star Party Squid 3 3,256 Tuesday 11-Jun-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Cyclops
Troop Report Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 2016 Rebelrach 18 22,798 Thursday 7-Jul-2016, 06:19 PM
Last Post: MjrD
Troop Report 25/7/15 - Astro Pete's Cafe 4th Birthday Celebration Cre8tiv 8 11,837 Tuesday 28-Jul-2015, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Diatium