Kedron-Wavell RSL Post Kevcon Afterparty
Troop Report 
Date: 25th September 2010

Venue: Kedron-Wavell Services Club

Time: 9pm, when the Jawas go to bed and the troops of the Empire comes out to play.

Mission: Go and be AWESOME at the 70's theme night!

Trooper Attendance:
TK TheWolf
TK Moxxxie
TK Tachyon
TK Cutter
ID Keiran
TK Deltorn

Guest Trooper Attendance:
Austin Powers (Seriously.....)

Support Crew:
Beanie
Hopfot
Cobra
Bossy
The Sniper
Tirilia
Kitiara
Knophler
SuperAzza

Detail: Ok, so I'm not the kind of guy who normally associates himself with the word "quick".....but this was the fastest organised troop in my short history in the 501st. Well, "organised" is a strong word - this troop sort of curdled itself into being.

Let me set the scene: Kevcon was a raging success (thank you my Lord), so a few of us decided to celebrate with a relaxed meal at the Services Club in Chermside. Somewhere after main course, but before I could order a giant hot fudge sundae for dessert, an announcement for the "70's theme night costume competition" came over the loudspeaker. What's more 70's than a deployment of Stormtroopers? Exactly, nothing! Our call to be awesome was upon us.

Instantly, the crack troops of Vader's fist flew into action - Security and Club Management were notified of the invasion force that was to be deployed. 15 minutes of standing around while a tiny lady with an afro and rose coloured glasses called up the command chain, we were eventually given landing clearance.

Once the troops arrived, it became apparent that the crowd was in no way hostile and with 5 minutes to spare before the competition, we hit the dancefloor.

I think I saw the shopping trolley, the sprinkler, the snorkler and what may, or may not have been the "bat-dance" during a rousing rendition of "Dancing Queen".

A few photos, some hands on crowd participation (literally) and a quick "imperial riff" from the band guitarist later - we were entered into the costume competition by default of awesomeness.

The other hippies who thought they could compete (and yes, they actually WERE hippies) were blown away when time and time again, the crowd cheered for our Redback troopers. Austin Powers had no choice but to crown us the winners! YEAH BABY! YEAH!

We walked away with first place (never a doubt) and our Imperial Negotiator Moxxxie managed to have our prize exchanged for a donation to the Starlight foundation. A far greater tribute for our efforts, and one of the Club's main charities of choice.

All in all, a poorly organised, hastily executed troop, with more wranglers than troopers that was an INCREDIBLE SUCCESS. Well done to the whole team involved, your dedication after such a huge day was greatly appreciated.

Injuries: Deltorn's "muffins" apparently....the old girls get handsy after a shandy.

Malfunctions: None reported.

Public Incidents: Not so much an incident, but one guy with a "I had friends on the death star" t-shirt kept coming back for photo after photo after photo....

Mission Status: Epic success. One for the holo-archives. No terrorists would dare try to stop the Empire with a performance like that.

Photos: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...%20Dinner/
Your Emperor is most pleased. Sith

AWESOME WORK!!!

Great report.... You should post this on the main Legion Boards.

Well done to all. Notworthy
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
*lol* Great report!!

One of the funniest things I have Ever seen.. 5 storm troopers storming the dance floor and offering their hands to the delighted (occasionally a bit too delighted) elderly members of the crowd.. Even more surprising was the number of people our Bust-a-Move troopers encouraged to get up and dance!

Fantastic work guys, cant wait to see the video evidence Wink
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Hehehe
Great report....looks like a wild night and you all had a good time...shame we couldn't make it
Congrats on winning the costume award and the donation well done toopers
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Links to Pics and Vids in the first post guys!
What an amazing night!

To be sure, the Redbacks were all kinds of serious hardcore AWESOME.

I had a bit of a gender crisis at one stage, not knowing if I should dance with an old dude, or an old biddy... The old biddy that I did dance with was cutting the rug with all sorts of sharp movements I thought we'd need to call the paramedics. From all signs she had a blast dancing with the giant tupperware!

Rock on, Troopers. What a blast!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
It was one of those troops that just "came out of now where", in every sence of the word. Dinner 1 minute and armouring up the next. Well done to those in their TK's. Smile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Haha, yeah it was good fun :D Killer way to end the epic day!
[Image: sterb104.gif]
Damned Anita working.....DAMMIT!

The unplanned stuff is always the best.

Nice report cutter! Quick too. Gotta love TK's dancing!
Great report cutter.

Must have been a fun "troop" guys.Smile

What a way to end a fantastic day.Doppeldaumen1
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
WHAT! There was DANCING and I MISSED it???? Nooooooooo. Looks like you had a blast! Gotta love a dancing TK. Photo's look awesome!!
that work guys and gals.
[Image: FirstAirCavBumberSticker.jpg]

:dw11:
:sn11:

Definately was the best way to end KevKon. Was hilarious and a great time
yea was good fun... the best part was that no one expected it in any way Hehehe
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
What a great report and well done Troopers!!

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Kedron Wavell RSL Staff Party - 21/01/13 Glitch 29 49,059 Tuesday 29-Jan-2013, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Darkvoyd
  World's Greatest Shave - Kedron Wavell RSL Report Deimos 13 27,689 Thursday 22-Mar-2012, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Glitch
  Kedron Birthday Party 6th May Chief 4 9,412 Monday 20-Jun-2011, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Phantom