Wake for a fallen Star Wars fan
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday 1 April 2017

Venue: Private residence - Bellara

Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Mission: Attend a Star Wars themed memorial service for a Star Wars fan who died of cancer. 

Trooper Attendance:

Nilrem TK
Dark Dora ISB
Teiwaz TB

Details: 
Karl passed away last week, but he had specific plans for his memorial service. There would be no funeral, the mood upbeat and the theme was Star Wars.

We greeted the guests as they arrived. The guests were mostly clad in Star Wars shirts, but being greeted at the front gate by troopers was a surprise to most. When it came time for the service we laid our buckets and hats on the table up the front and stood at the back. People shared some special memories of Karl and there were a few tears. But at the end of the service it was buckets on and lots of photos and smiles. 

The day unfolded just as Karl had wished. The family were very grateful and donated generously in lieu of flowers. 

A big callout to Nilrem, he drove out a long way to do a backyard troop at Bribie. Thanks mate it is very much appreciated.  

Charity Funds Raised: $496 for Cancer Council - Donated via the Razorbacks Relay for Life Team.

Injuries / Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents: Nil

Mission Status: Complete Success

Photos: No shareable photos for this one.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
It was great to be part of something so special. A day long remembered. Buckets off.
Have we ever hit anything with these things?

DW2016   OCC2016   BN16  
An honorable troop guys. I'm sure he would've been proud.....
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]
Truly a special troop ... Nice work guys

[Image: 2HbPbX1.jpg]
Today's troop was one of my most memorable troops. I am so glad we got to be part of this beautiful service. xx
GCSN16 >> GCSN18  
DW2016 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18
BN15 >> SN18
nice one guys.... really nice.
May the best day of the past be your worst day of tomorrow !
I'm really glad you got to say goodbye to your friend in such a special way , funerals of any description are tough , well done to you all .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Well done guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very honourable, well done team.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Toowoomba Library Star Wars day 2019 Bolt_2112 3 4,539 Sunday 20-Jan-2019, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Ashlyn_Dubreas
Troop Report St. Andrew's Vacation Care Program Star Wars Day Diatium 6 6,110 Tuesday 24-Jul-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Darth Temptress
Troop Report Celebration of Life for Mark - A Star Wars Fan Donut 10 10,199 Friday 2-Mar-2018, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Squid