Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2017
Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2017

Date(s): 16/12/17, 17/12/17 and 22/12/17

Venue: Queens Park Botanical gardens

Time: 6:00 - 9:00 pm

Mission: To bring the Empire to the Christmas Wonderland and be awesome!

---------------------------------------

Trooper Attendance: 16/12/17

RBG: CC:33827 Bolt, TK:90579 Scotty33, CC:4159 Beanie

RL: None

MM/GA etc: None

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance: Guest wranglers/helpers recruited for the event. 

Details: We arrived nice and early to the Wonderland and were greated with good weather. There were no RBG wranglers available for the first night of the Wonderland so Scotty and myself recruited some friends to wrangle for us. They did a fantastic job, and I can't understate how good they were for their first time wrangling (I think Scotty's mate had wrangled before.. but I can't remember). As it turned out it was the busiest night we have ever seen in the last four years of trooping the Wonderland. Around 5000 people came throught the gardens that night, the lines for photo's didn't end for the entire two hours that we were there, everywhere you looked there were people, it was insane! 

I have to thank Beanie for coming up and doing such an event after having already trooped that day, awesome effort mate, Scotty and I would have had to handle this massive night ourselves if it wasn't for you. So thanks very much. 

Things got a bit hairy when we had to sign out and get out of the Wonderland, very low visability and the huge crowd made it difficult, but we made it out okay.

Charity Funds Raised: Nil

Injuries / Malfunctions: Beanie had trouble with people who kept knocking his pauldron and shoulder bells loose but other than that none.

Public Incidents: None

Mission Status: Success! We were presented with a certificate of appreciation for our efforts in supporting the event.

Photos:
[Image: 25364870098_a52b0ccfe2_c.jpg]

[Image: 24368928337_bfcaac631f_c.jpg]

Trooper Attendance: 17/12/17

RBG: TK:33827 Bolt, TK:90579 Scotty33, DZ:10383 Beccyd, TI:20552 Mykill, TI:11005 Blue 

RL: None

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance: None

Details: Arriving again at the Wonderland I was surprised to find good weather! We are on a roll here!
Everyone was there on time and we suited up, arresting the girls from Frozen and handcuffing them before marching them into the Wonderland. I had many young children ask me what I had done to Anna and Elsa so that was hilarious! 

Sunday night wasn't as busy as the night before so that was a nice change. Blue and Mykill have to be commended for their efforts in keeping the lines ordered and making it a smooth experience for everyone. Mykill was the "Walking talking Christmas tree" which was brilliant! 
Beccyd again made many small children cry as the Jawa and Scotty and I got sore hands from all the hi-fives! 

Charity Funds Raised: Nil

Injuries / Malfunctions: There was one malfunction to report... as I was suiting up my bucket fell off the roof of my car and landed upside down, which left a big crack on the left side. I taped it up with duct tape and trooped the night, but sadly this was the last troop for this helmet. 

Public Incidents: None (except all the crying kids and those people who got mad when I went for a drinks break and wasn't in their photo)

Mission Status: Success!

Photos:
[Image: 24368927807_7d062aa230_c.jpg]

Trooper Attendance: 22/12/17

RBG: CC:33827 Bolt, TK:90579 Scotty33, TS:15070 Rebelrach, ID:81915 Bikuchan, TK:?? 3Phase

RL: Imperial Drone and Rebelrach as a Jedi for half the night.

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance: Cadet Snips as a wrangler

Details: Scotty and I had a long discussion and consulted a lot of weather websites about this night! In the end it turned out to be great weather for us, but there were a lot of storms around before hand!

We arrived, suited up and signed in. Scotty, Rach and Snips ganged up on me and made me wear lights and a santa hat, so I was Christmas Cody for the night!

The crowds were about the same as Sunday night, constant but not too busy, they were a little rougher than previous nights with less familys in attendance. Bikuchan and Snips did an excellent job at organising people and taking photos and Rach was awesome in her Santa Snowy! 
3Phase and his daughter (jawa) attended for a while before they had to get going. 

Again I want to thank Rebelrach, Imperial drone and Bikuchan for driving up for the night, you guys are awesome! Thank you so much!

Scotty and I took a break half way and Rach went to change from a Jedi to Santa Snowy as well. It was a successful night and a very nice end to this years Wonderland events.

Charity Funds Raised: Nil

Injuries / Malfunctions: Scotty's shoulder bells decided to let go so duct tape came in very handy. Imperial drone's lightsaber ran out of batteries early on as well.

Public Incidents:  One member of the public decided to steal my santa hat (we got it back though) and try to grab Obi-wan's lightsaber from my belt. Another guy kept photo-bombing other people's photos and was a general nuisance. 

Mission Status: Success!

Photos:
[Image: 39202264862_9383e4f467_c.jpg]

[Image: 38355039145_a6d0edbd52_c.jpg]

[Image: 39202273182_548f6f0fec_c.jpg]

Thanks everyone for another fantastic year, I look forward to 2018 and all the events we are doing then!

- Bolt
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
Well done guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
====================================================================
Proud Redback Garrison member, Redback Alliance member and Tatooine Base CO
its always a pleasure driving up the mountain, fun as always! thank you.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
well done...looks like a tonne of fun.... :D
FNG  DW2018  Bobafett  DW2016 DW2017 SN17
I love trooping in Toowomba.
Can't wait to troop there next year.
Always a fun troop to attend Smile hopefully next time I'm up there i prepare a little better and charge my batteries beforehand Smile
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
It was really nice being up there and meeting everyone Smile

Great report Bolt, and another well organised event! The gratitude from the Lions Club is awesome to see.
Big thanks to all the troopers who came up from Brisbane, I think this was the first time we have had people up from Brisbane for every night we have attended!

Wish I could have been out for all of them, but even one night at the xmas wonderland is a treat.  Cant wait for next year!

Would you believe that for the second year in a row a small bat may have flown into my car on the drive home - I am not joking.  AaaahHuh
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
A great night, thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2023 (2nd, 9th,16th) Bolt_2112 2 263 Tuesday 19-Dec-2023, 11:44 PM
Last Post: BobaCanuck
Troop Report Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2022 (3rd + 10th + 17th) Bolt_2112 1 425 Sunday 11-Dec-2022, 03:45 PM
Last Post: TripleSix
  Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland 2021 Troop #1 Bolt_2112 6 1,425 Wednesday 24-Aug-2022, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Bolt_2112