GC Childrens Hospital and Blood Bank Double Troop Report
Troop Report 
Date: 05/11/2010

Venue: Gold Coast Childrens Hospital and Southport Blood Bank

Time: 1000 - 1430

Mission: To raise awareness of the dire needs of the Blood Bank at the moment. Their stocks are at critical levels and we need more people to donate. Also to say hi to the sick kids in the hospital and put a smile on their faces....most were scared but we pressed on.

Trooper Attendance:

TD3409 Apok TD Plasma
TB7925 Chief TB Plasma
TK8574 Jimcricket TK Blood
TD9220 Spacebandit TD Blood
TK5389 Phantom TK Blood
TK8226 Mouldman INC Blood

Support Crew: Nil

Detail: The six of us donned armour across the road in the PR offices and then it was across the road for some publicity shots for the Blood Bank and an interview with Channel 9 Gold Coast (story aired tonight 5.30pm GC). After that it was up to see the kids. Many of the younglings weren't really up to saying hi but there were a few that really perked up when we entered the room. Most of the dads were very keen for a hpoto with the mums just shaking their heads. Many nurses were also scared (even with our helmets on...go figure).

On the way down Cheif asked if he could visit some friends in the theatre wards. What started as a 1 trooper hello to his friends ended up with a full scale assault o the surgeon lunch room...where they were watching ER of all things. Many surgeons promised to look after any troopers that came through with the greatest of care.

Back down stairs to dearmour and then off to donate. On the way to the change room a multi-person mover technician (bus driver) stopped to let us cross only to have us pose in the street, in front of his bus so he could take a photo through his windscreen...very funny and cool.

Mouldman, Spacebandit and Phantom werre all first time donaters so good work troopers. We got 100% donation rate from this troop.

Injuries: A slight armour chafe on Phantoms arm and each member getting a punture mark on one of their arms.

Malfunctions: None

Public Incidents: Phantom got a crotch tap from a girl that wanted to touch the armour. Very funny.

Mission Status: Resounding success with the Blood Bank keen to continue the relationship we have with them.

Photos: Photos to come. Many were taken by the Blood Bank and they will be sent to me...and I will send them to someone that knows what to do to post them.

Blood for the Empire. Your troopers are here for you.

Apok out.
Awesome stuff, troopers!

Great report, Apok - sounds like it was a fun event!

I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Well done guys, hope the nurses weren't too scared.Aaaah
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Well done troopers, great stuff
Well done guys.

And it's good you all got to donate as well.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Well done troopers.

Just one question Isn't this suppose to be in the Mission report section? Huh
(Friday 5-Nov-2010, 08:19 PM)hopfot Wrote:  Well done troopers.

Just one question Isn't this suppose to be in the Mission report section? Huh

what you talking about willis Wink

Good work!

I'll be up for the next one if it's not on workday..Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
great works guys!

btw - crotch tap phantom?????
Well Done Troops!
Now that they have your blood will the Cloning begin?!
Apok Apok Apok Apok Apok Apok Apok Apok Apok Apok
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Was a very good day. First time giving blood. Thinking I should have gone for the chocolate milkshake while I was there. There's always next time. Td
I survived Dreamworld 2010
:dw11:
DW2012
I maybe short, but my mum always told me all nice things come in small packages
funny as when that bus driver stoped us in the middile of the road to take a pic.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
The bus driver was very funny. Be great if we could get a copy of that one.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
:dw11:
DW2012
I maybe short, but my mum always told me all nice things come in small packages
It was a great day lots of fun...the bus driver was a scream to hold up traffic to get a pic of us crossing the road...the armour tap was another funny moment Smile...first time blood doantion for me too...and the chocolate milkshake went down a treat while watching the cricket
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great work, and Well Done to all involved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 336 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 571 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,483 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops