A Shy Shiny.
Hello everyone! I'm sort of toe dipping into the 501st, I have lots of interest in costuming and of course Trooping, though I'm not just ready to do public stuff yet as I am almost cripplingly shy in the flesh. Its a pleasure to be among like minded folk and I look forward to getting some knowledgeable insight on what stuff I end up churning out. 

I'll be starting with either a shore trooper (I liked the blue and red for the "Officer.") or a Pilot. I'll probably lurk but If I have questions, I'll be sure to ask and post updates on my work anyway.
Please call me Tali if it suits you!

I am Trans and I hope this will not have a negative impact on our interactions!
Hi Tali
Welcome to the garrison. We have a few of us who are very shy but we all help each other get our confidence up.
A good place to start is joining the detachments for the pathfinders and Jolly Roger Squadron(JRS) They have lots of information about costumes and a vetted sellers list as well. Links below

https://jrs501st.com

https://www.501stpathfinders.com/

If you have any questions please ask , we have mentors from both groups as well as myself to assist with any help.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome to the forums, you’ve taken your initial step and the information above should serve you well on your journey.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Thank you very much, with a bit of study and a lot of weighing my options. I've decided to start with a Pilot and I've gone through the process of getting myself in the know and set up for it.
I might work on other suits on the side but pilot will be my first
(Tuesday 9-Feb-2021, 07:48 AM)WestWinds Wrote:  Thank you very much, with a bit of study and a lot of weighing my options. I've decided to start with a Pilot and I've gone through the process of getting myself in the know and set up for it.
I might work on other suits on the side but pilot will be my first

That’s great ,pilots are cool . 
Slide Effect and Wendell are great mentors for Tie pilots they know their stuff. They can help you with putting it all together
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Gday Westwind,

TIE Pilots are a great kit!!! Actually they are the best costume but if I say that too loud everyone gets upset.

Have you done any research yet on what type of TIE you are thinking? There are a few variants all with thier own subtle differences.
Also do you know much yet about the various armour makers that are out there? There are quite a few now producing good quality accurate armour.
Alternatively the 2nd hand market is pretty good. I knw Wendell here on the forums is selling an excellent ANH TIE Pilot.
Wendell is a very experienced costumer and the finish on his gear is awesome so it would be a siolid option.

Anyway welcome to the forums and dont hesitate to reach out should you have any questions or need a hand,

Cheers
S.E.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Hi Tali
Welcome to the Redbacks
TIE Pilot you say? Awesome choice. Clearly the best job in the Empire
Great choice

Wendell
JRS Cadet Mentor
JRS Command Staff
One Day I will be as cool as Slide!
[Image: DW2017.png][Image: OCC2017.jpg] [Image: SN17.png] 
[Image: DW2018.png] [Image: SN18.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shiny and new, rookie just joined... D4RKeE4GLE 25 27,835 Wednesday 9-Sep-2015, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Vepariga
  soon to be white and shiny panthera 6 10,341 Tuesday 30-Dec-2014, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Prepared