Troop Report - Variety Special Children's Christmas Party
Date: Sunday December 12th

Venue: Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre

Time: 0930hrs – 1500hrs

Mission: To assist the imperial friendly 4KQ Variety Special Children's Christmas Party organisers, by providing extra awesomeness to over 3000 children including the terminally ill, the intellectually impaired, physically impaired and the underprivileged.

Trooper Attendance:
SL Kev Vader
SL Draco
TK Hopfot
TB Major Payne + Mrs Payne Jawa & Ewok
TK TheWolf
TK Moxxxie
TK Deltorn
IG The Sniper
TB Tirilia
TK Cutter
TS Fallout
TK Crypto
TK Phantom

Support Crew: The Scotsman, Cobra, Bigmac

Detail:

An early start to the day for most as there were troopers arriving for duty around 0800 hours. After the official signing in duties were completed, we headed up to our change room, which inconveniently, had issues with the air conditioning...to say it was a bit 'stuffy', would be an understatement. While the room could have been a little bigger, those trooping were able to change without too many difficulties.
[Image: SAM_0561.jpg]

Moxxxie was busily putting the final touches on the Christmas pauldrons she brought in for the event.

[Image: SAM_0557.jpg]

Both Moxxxie and Cutter happily modelling the aforementioned Christmas Pauldrons.

[Image: SAM_0566.jpg][Image: SAM_0573.jpg]

Hopfot tried to prove once again, you can never have too many weapons, but Hoppy, you just can mate....you can have too many weapons...sheesh!

[Image: SAM_0560.jpg]

After most of the troopers were armoured up, we met downstairs and proceeded out to the main hall entertained the many children and their families. The response from the children, was at times, overwhelming. Sniper and Hopfot, wearing black, were mistakenly called Darth Vader (ha, ha). Children and their guardians who made this mistake were taken to the Imperial training room for an "Educational briefing" so that henceforth, they would easily recognise the difference between these characters.

[Image: SAM_0603.jpg][Image: DSCF2479.jpg] [Image: SAM_0597.jpg][Image: SAM_0602.jpg]

These troopers are so excited about getting their picture taken....not!

[Image: SAM_0604.jpg]

After the main doors were opened, we proceeded back into the hall for more pictures and mingling with awesome little people. Meanwhile Kev Vader was...erm... "thanked" for the work he and the Empire had done to quash the Rebel Alliance in Queensland. As you can see, Kev was thanked more than once.

[Image: SAM_0575.jpg][Image: DSCF2488.jpg]

Draco as Darth Revan and TheWolf as Christmas Trooper were reasonably popular...

[Image: DSCF2493.jpg]

That was, of course, until a little Ewok turned up with a +20 cloak of cuteness, It was then that Draco and TheWolf realised they simply could not compete.

[Image: SAM_0595.jpg]

Deltorn and Moxxxie, were seen defacing their Imerial supplied Helmets but suffered no penalty. Partly because of their exemplary service to the empire and the fact that Kev Vader was probably off being smooched somewhere, Photographic and Video evidence below. (not of the smooching, just of the painting).

[Image: SAM_0631.jpg][Image: SAM_0626.jpg]

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poHDVo2GxU4

As the event progressed, we were able to make lots of little faces (and some big faces) smile. People just enjoyed the fact that we were there. Troopers were hugged, high fived and apparently groped Eek (I believe some of the mothers appreciate the empire a little too much) We were able to hand out informational Imperial material, to assist the public in understanding what the Empire's all about.

Radom pics...

[Image: SAM_0633.jpg] [Image: SAM_0627.jpg][Image: DSCF2483.jpg][Image: DSCF2475.jpg][Image: DSCF2492.jpg][Image: DSCF2478.jpg][Image: SAM_0617.jpg][Image: SAM_0592.jpg]

It was a very good day and for some of our troopers, an emotional one. By the end of the event, most of us were exhausted. All the Redbacks did a great job, in whatever capacity they were in.

Injuries: None that I'm aware of.

Malfunctions: Tirilia had some minor velcro issues, Moxxxie's calf piece required some attention. One of the UHF Radios went flat during the event...I believe I may've left the radio on overnight. :P

Public Incidents: The crowds were mostly well behaved, there were only a few kids being...well, kids, trying to take blasters ect.

Mission Status: Successfully completed...well done to all who were able to attend.

Photos: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...s%20Party/

Special Mention: Ms Raider.
Ms Raider participated in the 4KM variety fun run and was the sole Redback in the event. The event was held at 8am. Well done Ms Raider.
Great report Rick, but unfortunately i wasnt able to make that troop.
(Monday 20-Dec-2010, 04:43 AM)muppet Wrote:  Great report Rick, but unfortunately i wasnt able to make that troop.

Right you are, first post amended, thanks Ken
Nice work guys and great report Rick. Would love to have been there but that's how it goes sometimes.

If we're going to get bigger, they're simply going to have to supply a bigger room! We had 10 square meters the first time. Last year we has 60 square meters. Which was heaps of room. Glad you all got it sorted though. No aircon hey? blah! Not good!
Nice going guys! Too bad I couldn't make it, next year Smile
2 years in a row and probably my second favourite troop. Can't help but notice looking at photos just how elusive the Jedi at the even was at not being photographed. Hehehe
Great report Rick, Looked like a fun troop
Excellent work to everyone and a wonderful report.
TK-TEX
FOR THE EMPIRE !

"You don't know what the world looks like until you put a helmet on"
Rick Stafford....Heart of an Empire
Great report! That's always a good troop and I am so disappointed we couldn't make it. Looking forward to the 2011 one!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Special Children's Christmas Party - Townsville 2023 DShrike 4 425 Monday 11-Dec-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Teiwaz
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 389 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 661 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach