TK The Scotsman
TK Phantom
TK Jaggered
TK TheWolf
TB Redpaint
BH Kattack
TI Fallout

Guest Trooper Attendance: Nil

Support Crew: Bextar, Brian, Jag, Mitchell and Declan.

Detail:The shuttle carrying Jaggered and myself arrived about 9am, to find The Scotsman already on sire waiting. Shortly thereafter , Phatom, Bextar and family arrive, followed by Redpaint and Kattack. We had a short chat, before deciding it was time to get into uniform.
Once officially attired, we started to mingle amongst the growing crowd of kids and their parents. Many photos were being taken, and many tattoos were handed out to the kids. Even a few passers-by stopped to get photos as we waited for the start in the shade of a large tree.
At 10.30 the walk commenced and off we headed for Orleigh Park.
The path took us alongside the river, south from Davies Park, with views over the river to Milton, Auchenflower and Toowong. There was a nice breeze along the way, and although it seemed longer, we were assured it was only 1 klm.
Upon arrival at Orleigh park, we were treated to some cold water, and a few snags at the sausage sizzle. We were had a cool down and a chat while watching some dancers, and Fallout present his new friend Hannah, with a pin to place on her shirt.
Once cooled down, we did one last round for photos and propaganda purposes, before the walk back down the river to out shuttles. After de-armouring, we had a short cool off period, before taking out transports home.

Charity Funds Raised: N/a

Injuries: Nil

Malfunctions: Not really a malfunction, but one of our newest EIB troopers was caught wearing his hand plates on the incorrect hands. But we wonâ€t mention any names on who it was… OK, “Mr Walker”?
Public Incidents: Nil

Mission Status: Success, Many photos were taken, and many tattoos were given to aspiring imperial cadets. Fallout even made a special friend..Smile Overall a good troop, and the first attendance by the Redbacks for this event. A few ideas were discussed should we attend in future years, that could also be applied to other troops like this.

Photos: Photos are here.....

I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Nice report Wolf and a nice day as well.

[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
yep good report and a nice day
[Image: zIWic.gif]
I survived Supanova 2010:dw11::sn11:DW2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like a good day. Sorry I missed it but my legs wouldn't have let me make it even a few meters, I'm begining to think the pain in my right leg was more than a cramp.
Really enjoyed today's Troop.

Thanks Troopers.

[Image: DSCF4299.jpg]
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
my buddy Wink
[Image: zIWic.gif]
I survived Supanova 2010:dw11::sn11:DW2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great report Dave...excellent day out...hope it becomes a regular thing.
I don't know who would have their handplates on the wrong hands...just unbeleivable Wink
I think Hannah is an honary Redback now
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hey guys I think today was a great day out a worthy cause to make a regular event.
As a parent of a special needs child myself, thank you all for doing this (and GC). It's a double bonus that you all had fun and brought smiles to many faces. I can't wait to start trooping. The mission reports are very inspiring, I know they can be a chore to write, but keep them coming they are great.
Great effort. What a terrific effect you must have. Doppeldaumen1
Well done all who attended!
I just got this email from the Organizer of the Buddy walk - Julia Newett

Hi Dave

I would like to say a HUGE thank you for your support at our Buddy Walk on the weekend. We are already getting feedback from Star Wars fans saying that you guys were a highlight of the day!!! I know it was very hot and being in costume would have made the heat even more intense! (Those outfits were incredible!) So thanks again for completing the walk.

We are still getting photos through from the event and I would like to send you a disk but here are a couple to get you started.

[Image: IMG_60542.jpg]

[Image: StormTroopergivesBWthethumbsup.jpg]
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
A great day & thought myself & TheWolf did especially well after the aftermath of Ricktoberfest, lol.

[Edit] The link ref photo's is broke.

Awesome day topped off with a even better evening Wink

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
(Tuesday 18-Oct-2011, 10:08 PM)Jaggered Wrote:  [Edit] The link ref photo's is broke.

Give the link a try now... Should be working.
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report GOLD COAST BUDDY WALK oigen 8 14,068 Tuesday 16-Oct-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Oevil1