New old recruit
Hi everyone, I would like to re-introduce myself. My name is Troy and I live in slacks creek qld. I first introduced myself back in 09 & helped out at the Logan library sci fi day back then. I've since had a massive car accident in late 2010which nearly killed me. I'm now on track and seriously want to get back into this full time. I want to start making a storm trooper costume but don't know where to begin. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer. I'm willing help anyone with anything or help out on event days where I can. Would greatly appreciate any replies for offers to help or suggestions and when I could help out.
I was on the 501TAG forums and the guys & girls there suggested that I reintroduce myself to everyone from the red backs again.
So thank you in advance for any support,
Cheers Troy
Hey Troy and welcome back! There are heaps of options available for costuming, I'm sure your autocorrect must have kicked in and you meant to type Sandtrooper. Muppet can give you the good oil on the types of kits out there, enjoy the ride... (P.S got belted in a carcrash a few years back, it can be a longtrip, welcome to the light on the other end of that journey!
Also, there is an armour party coming up, listed in the forums, its a good chance to meet/get met, have a chat and see some of the gear out there. They come up and are a good way to kick off... May see you out there...
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Hi cavalier,
Thank you for your kind words. I've had a look on he forums but can't quite find the upcoming armor party you mentioned, could you point me in the right direction on the forums.
Troy
Hi Troy, is this the Troy I ran into at the CBA at Yamanto recently?
If it is..welcome. If it isnt..its still welcome..
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
(Friday 16-Dec-2011, 10:59 PM)Rogue Prophecy Wrote:  Hi cavalier,
Thank you for your kind words. I've had a look on he forums but can't quite find the upcoming armor party you mentioned, could you point me in the right direction on the forums.
Troy

Look in the sub-section, "Cantina" about 6 posts down you'll see AP Southside - Tuesday 27th Dec or pm TheWolf which you'll need to do anyway ref address, ph number.

There's a film shoot tomorrow for those who can attend over in Upper Coomera on the GC if you want to have a looksy from 08:30 till 1pm.

As for your TD, Sandtrooper Wink pm muppet & he can provide you with makers etc so you can look at who you want to buy off, prices etc.
Body size will also dictate what armour make, you should look at getting.

Lastly, welcome to the RBG again Wink

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Welcome back mate. Hope the journey to be a Stormtrooper is a fun one. Hit muppet up he is the man with all the info. Ask heaps of questions we are a pretty friendly bunch.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the best darn garrison in the state Troy Wink
Best in the state....try the nation...if not the world Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome Troy happy to see that you are reconnecting with the Redbacks Doppeldaumen1. I hope to catch up with you soon.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome back mate. You might notice some amount of change since 2009.
Welcome back Troy, Donâ€t listen to those sandy's, they have too much dust in their ears.... What you need to get is a nice shiny Stormtrooper kit so you can hang out in the A/C comfort and play cards with the rest of the shiny guys.

As I'm only newish I can only suggest that you get to the AP on the 27th, itâ€s a good idea so you can get a feel of what you want and need to do. Thatâ€s how I started out and it got me on track.

Good luck with it, Voyd.

Hey there, welcome. Sometimes the best sagas are those that take some extra time. Wink
welcoem bck
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk