19th Jan - Wonder Factory Visit for Little Peter
Well done troopers. This is what its all about. You did us proud.
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Well done guys. Another troop down that cements in just what we are here for at the end of the day.

Lets hope we can forge a good friendship with the wonder factory, It would be great to make visits every month or so.

Great report too Mox, I guess being last to arrive is how we pick whos doing the reports now? Hoppy will never do another report again! Cheeky
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Awesome Mission Report there Mox!

Well it was my first official troop as a TK and it all went off without a hitch, I only ran into 1 thing during the whole troop (with no injury or damage to property). I don't think I'll every get sick of telling nursing staff and visitors in the hallways passing by to "Go about your business" and "Move alone".

It was funny watching Cav have a conversation with a mobile ECG machine telling it to "Get back to work you lazy droid". We did actually manage to find a picture of a little white and blue droid on the wall of a ward room, which Cav was happy to see it was one of the droid's he was looking for.

This really is the type of troop that makes you proud to do what you do. Soooo many happy kids as a result of something so simple! To give a moment of ones own time to achieve that is more than worth it.

It's funny that we are the ones trooping, but when you look around you, you notice that its actually not us that are the Troopers! Thanks for letting me be part of such an awesome group of giving, caring people! I love my job... (if only).

Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
(Friday 20-Jan-2012, 08:54 AM)Deltorn Wrote:  Great report too Mox, I guess being last to arrive is how we pick whos doing the reports now?

Hehehe I like this idea its a good way of ensuring people arrive early. Also I talked to the Wonder Factory's PR person and gave her one of our business cards and she was already suggesting events she thought we could come along to, and we are going to be in their next newsletter. Doppeldaumen1

Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
My reflection: With under 24 hours notice I heeded a callout and was suddenly going to my first official 'Troop' in my own armour as a member of the Star Wars 501st Legion Redback Garrison yesterday (Thursday). Darth Vader, multiple Stormtroopers, 2 Imperial Commanders, and Queen Amidala visited the Royal Brisbane Chidren's Hospital to see terminally ill kids and brighten their day. It was very difficult to see children attached to machines, with shaved heads, with cables entering all over their bodies, pulling support machines along with them - these kids should rightfully be living the full life every child should be able to live. The only comfort comes in their reaction to seeing life-size Star Wars action figures coming to visit them. Thank goodness for the Stormtrooper helmet, as it wasn't only sweat trying to leak from my face.

---

I can't tell you how proud I am to be among you people. This is exactly the type of reason I wanted to join. And thanks Kev for still being there at the end; you may not have known it but I wasn't 'emotionally' ready to leave.

A dialogue highlight, as I pointed a round mirror up high out to Cav:
Moxxxie: "I know how to kill Cav now..."
Phoenix: "How's that?"
Moxxxie: "Put a mirror at the bottom of a swimming pool."

Taking the day off my business hasn't had too adverse an effect, and the truth is I'd do it all over again just to see one of those kids smile. Heart

And who the heck, in a crowded elevator full of troops and hospital staff, made that immature fart-noise in the elevator???
LMFAO Moxxxie. I just drained my pool in preparation :P
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Well done everyone.

It's good that we have some troopers now that are able to make troops in the middle of a week.
It's not always easy for some of us to get there midweek.

Can we do some more Weekend visits?
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Great work troops, sorry I missed it, but someone has to make toast for breakfast. Congrats on the newer members for doing this troop.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
(Friday 20-Jan-2012, 11:25 AM)TheWolf Wrote:  Well done everyone.

It's good that we have some troopers now that are able to make troops in the middle of a week.
It's not always easy for some of us to get there midweek.

Can we do some more Weekend visits?

The nurses at the Wonder Factory actually suggested doing some Weekend visits. The kids who are in on the weekends dont get too many visits from others - plus all the brothers and sisters are usually hanging around at the Hospital as well.

Weekend visits are a GO.
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Great work guys, sounds like you did a wonderful job.

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................missed this one Sad
good work troopers Smile

Jason
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Sounds Like you made their day! Smile I'm sorry I missed it Sad

Hopefully next one!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Top effort all.

I must get there again, as it is the most rewarding of them all.

I salute you all that attended.
well done Redbacks, you did us all proud.
Hey Dave (Wolf), I'm 'in' when you are ready to do a weekend one buddy.
I couldn't get the day off either Sad

Jason
scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report St Peter Chanel Family Food and Fun Festival Altair 4 7,670 Monday 20-Jul-2015, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Whitey
Troop Report November Wonder Factory Visit. Oevil1 7 12,792 Wednesday 27-Nov-2013, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report August Wonder Factory Visit Bullant 12 21,004 Saturday 24-Aug-2013, 08:14 PM
Last Post: stormraven