Gold Coast phantom menace premiere
Troop Report 
Date: 9-2-12

Venue:Australia Fair Cinemas

Time:5-9pm

Mission:To help celebrate the historical documentary of the Emperors rise to power

Trooper Attendance:
TK 8545-Oigen
TK 5092-Glitch
TK 9893-RedaV
TD 4914-Jaggered
TD 3409-APOK

Guest Trooper Attendance:

Support Crew:Deimos and Badsy doing an absolutely awesome job wrangling and taking photos

Detail:
After arriving at the Australia Fair cinema in their civilian clothing the troopers were able to avoid any rebel detection and were able to suit up. Shiny was the word of the night us Vaders preferred troopers outnumbered the sandys.

After getting ready troopers assembled in the lobby which was as empty as Alderaan's citizens list. This was very very quickly changed as citizens realised the Emperor's troopers were there and they all came to curry favour to avoid disintegration and in next to no time the cinemas was jam packed. (Us longfins sure know how to pull a crowd Doppeldaumen1.

We were then met by representatives of the news people who were their to document our sheers awesomeness. APOK was able to truly shine as he went into his media guru phase and got us some great promotion for upcoming events such as Dreamworld.

But alas thing did not go well from there and it was discovered that a Jedi master was disguised as a small old lady who tried to escape detection near the Gold Class lounge. The rebel proved to be no match for the might of the Empire and after a swift arrest she was taken away to become a slave in the spice mines of Kessel.

With the crowd whipped into a frenzy there was a short battle between two youngling with troopers standing by to make sure things didn't get out of hand. The youngling dress in rebel gear was then presented with the prize of best dressed with a $100 movie gift card where he will be forced into re-watching all the star wars movies until he switches to the darkside.

Soon after troopers dis-armoured and were able to watch the documentary film of Lord Vader's first victory against the trade federation as they sipped blue milk from their carbonite star wars cups.

Charity Funds Raised:$200 to starlight

Injuries:Nil

Malfunctions:Nil

Public Incidents:Not after we sent the sweet little old lady to work in the spice mines Hehehe

Mission Status:Wizard. Great crowds, great troop and plenty of media coverage.

Photos:
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...d%20Coast/
I SURVIVED THE HOTDOG CHALLENGE: TIME TO BEAT 13 MINUTES 19 SECONDS[Image: tumblr_l2ck3iffPx1qc073co1_400.gif]
Nice pix of me & that media chick

[Image: IMG_3524.jpg]

She liked my BFG to Wink

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway
Loads of photos coming for this. It was a wizard event (Thanks for reminding me of that word little Annie). I met a oldish couple who waited ever so patently while the press had there fill of photos. While they waited we got talking and the subject moved to their son who is a avid StarWars fan, They then told me something very cool. Their son is such a fan of SW that he join the Royal Air Force because he wanted to fly XD.

This was a very fun event, and good report Oigen.

Cant wait for Saturday
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Great job guys. Remember Badsy turned up late as well Mr Oigen. Once I have the news link I will post that here.
thanks Apok and thanks also to Badsy
I SURVIVED THE HOTDOG CHALLENGE: TIME TO BEAT 13 MINUTES 19 SECONDS[Image: tumblr_l2ck3iffPx1qc073co1_400.gif]
Lol'd. awesome troop!!! lots of thanks to Deimos being a great wrangler tonight, and last night aswell!
That photographer wasted far too much of our time though, we should've been getting photos with the fans...
:GCSN12: -> GCSN16
DW2012 -> DW2016
BN12 -> BN16
Yeah he did go a little overboard but sometimes a little more time doing the PR stuff equals more people knowing about us and therefore more people turning up to our events and donating. Everyone that wanted a photo got one so it will be a massive win for us in the long run.

It was great for the cinema as well as they had only 4 people pre-booked for the film and when we ended up going in it was almost 3/4's full. Not too shabby.
(Thursday 9-Feb-2012, 11:13 PM)APOK Wrote:  and when we ended up going in it was almost 3/4's full. Not too shabby.

I believe the cinema holds 300 people so that makes around 220 people in that session alone Doppeldaumen1

Here we go Oigen
[Image: IMG_3527.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3528.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3529.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3531.jpg]
RIDE 'EM, COWBOY! Awesome. Doppeldaumen1

(Thursday 9-Feb-2012, 11:52 PM)Deimos Wrote:  Here we go Oigen
[Image: IMG_3531.jpg]

Good report Oigen.
Sounds like a success and the first for the Longfins...well done guys
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Excellent work guys.
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Here we go. All the photos on PhotoBucket. I managed to get a few of when Verna, I think her name was, was on the floor
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...d%20Coast/

Fantastic guys Doppeldaumen1
Just got back from out west and watched the interview and the pics, sweet work guys!!!!
DW2011CVICVII

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ABC Gold Coast - May The Fourth Be With You Ktty 2 1,433 Thursday 13-May-2021, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Meowied_Cass
Troop Report Gold Coast Supanova 2019 Squid 5 4,462 Thursday 9-May-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: APOK
  Hospital Heroes Ball - Gold Coast Hospital Foundation Darth Cooper 7 7,199 Thursday 23-Aug-2018, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Ktty