TPM Indooroopilly Cinemas - Kids Club
Troop Report 
Date: 12th February 2012

Venue: Events Cinema Indooropilly

Time: 1pm to 2pm

Mission: Kids Club special screening.

Trooper Attendance: TS Beanie, Jedi Hopfot, IC Sithprincess, TI Natwest, TK Phantom

Guest Trooper Attendance: Pickle and Whowatini (hope I got that right) Natwest kids as jawas
Cadet Andrew Knight was spotted in the crowd.

Support Crew: Nil

Detail:
In a rush from dropping off a youngling to a sport event - which they won and now into the finals...just incase you were wondering Smile . TI Natwest called me to check time and place and that he and his Jawas would be coming along. On my way I received messages from TS Beanie wanting to know ETA. Assuring him I am on my way he seemed happy to hear back. Upon arrival I went to the change room to meet the fellow troopers in all states of dress. They directed me to the CS change room they left vacant for me. A request for a battery for my fan was met from jedi Hopfot, I owe you one battery jedi. A quick change out of local civilian clothing and we hit the staging area for the Kids Club. Swarms of locals turned out to greet some of Vaders finest and the lone Jedi, who was welcomed to the dark side for a short period of time. En mass the local younglings seemed to swarm for photos. Lots of kids dressed in various attires from jedi to Vader and Maul it was excellent to see such devotion in those so young. The two jawas where a hit with young and old alike, they handled themselves very well. Not every child was happy to see us, some shy and some just plain terrified, and it was not just the young either that where a little afraid at our presence. After securing the area where a large weightless simulator (jumping castle to the locals) and lots of photos taken we started to direct the kids to the cinema. We presented prizes on stage and got large cheers from the audience. On our way back to the changing room more photos taken with staff and some locals. A change back to civil attire we discussed the troop and some went on to another event, two in one day well done. I bid all farewell and all the best for the future troops. I charged up my transport and headed back to the cricket.

Charity Funds Raised: $250 to Starlight

Injuries: Nil

Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents: Nil, apart from the standard crying child.

Mission Status: Complete success....I would expect nothing less.
Big thanks to all who turned out and who went onto other troops that night. Also thanks to Natwest, Pickle and Whowatini for making the trek out west. Thanks to Sithprincess as wrangler/photographer and IC.

Photos: Photos
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Aw Phantom, you has a Command Staff chane room and a jumping castle? I wanna be at the next troop with a jumping castle! Lol

A clever idea taking that Jedi's powercell so that his lightsaber wouldn't function! Wink
(Tuesday 14-Feb-2012, 03:50 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  Aw Phantom, you has a Command Staff chane room and a jumping castle? I wanna be at the next troop with a jumping castle! Lol

A clever idea taking that Jedi's powercell so that his lightsaber wouldn't function! Wink

It was a spare battery. Plus a 9V. Saber runs on AAA.
(Tuesday 14-Feb-2012, 03:52 PM)hopfot Wrote:  
(Tuesday 14-Feb-2012, 03:50 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  Aw Phantom, you has a Command Staff chane room and a jumping castle? I wanna be at the next troop with a jumping castle! Lol

It was a spare battery. Plus a 9V. Saber runs on AAA.

Yeah, true that, but my statement was purely set in the fictional world* of Star Wars rather than Earth. Smile

*Although for the record, Phantom is clever in both worlds. Lol
So sorry I missed this one guys, Looks like it was a good one.

Great report Phantom, You did a good job making the troop and palming off the kids Wink
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
it was a great troop, really enjoyed that!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Good work troopers, you make us all proud to be redbacks Jig
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Is it just me or did everyone have more fun at the kids club session(s) than the actual release night?

Well done troopers.
Yeah actually. and for good reason. More people are awake in the middle of the day than at midnight. I think most of the people at the midnight release where just hardcore fans that actually like Episode 1. And boyfriends bringing their girlfreinds that hadn't even seen Star Wars.
Nicely done!
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
wheeee! Jumping castle!
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report TPM 3D Rockhampton Kids Club 11-2-2012 Angelman 6 13,017 Tuesday 21-Feb-2012, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Mersenne
Troop Report Event Cinemas TSV Kids Club Troop & Evenign Troop NQDude 9 16,420 Saturday 18-Feb-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: seantrooper
Troop Report TPM Robina Cinema Kids Club day - 11/02/12 Glitch 14 23,794 Tuesday 14-Feb-2012, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Phoenix