Time: 1pm till 3:30pm

Mission: spread some joy to sick children

Trooper Attendance: Beanie, Stormraven, Darkvoyd(Janet Jackson) and scope

Guest Trooper Attendance: N/A

Support Crew: N/A

Detail:

Charity Funds Raised: none but lots of donated hugs

Injuries: sore backs

Malfunctions: Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction, Voyds leg fell off !!!

Public Incidents: Made some children cry

Mission Status: spread good cheer

Photos: N/A

What is 'Love' ?
Is love just something you say because you have been saying it for so long it just comes out of your mouth ?
For us troopers, love is seeing children who have been through so much and they have barely started living yet, with scars bigger than their biggest smiles, being hugged and kissed by kids who aren't afraid to show affection .

Mater childrens hospital is a place to start living !
For all of us who have experienced the joy of a hug from a beautiful child who never questions why we are there but just that we are there for them and they smile bigger than they ever have before.

After meeting at least 30 kids today, myself, Beanie, Voyd and Stormraven will all agree that yes, seeing the smiles is the reward of kings. We don't need materialistic things to make us know what love is, it's the feeling of tears welling inside your mask when you have to say goodbye to a little girl that cannot even speak to tell you thanks but look at her face and see it in her eyes when she blows you a kiss as you turn away at the end of the hall.

That is love, in whatever way you want to share love in life, sometimes it's somewhere you never expected it but am so thankfull that you found it.

I know this isn't the usual troop report but I feel so moved by todays experience that I wanted to share with you all what my heart said to say.

Love and peace scope.
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Very nicely reported... yes even me had a few eye swelling moments today.

these kiddies were so happy and excited to see us, u know youve done ur job when the starlight captians or parents say, "they havent smilled like that since coming in here!"

pictures are being emailed from the captains and should be here in a few days.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Very nice report Scope....lovely words and sentiment.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Very touching report Scope. Well done. And great job to all who attended, they certainty aren't the easiest troop, emotionally.
Disappointed I could not do this troop as its one of my favorites.
I'm happy you made those kids smile and glad you were rewarded with goodness in your hearts.

I hope you met "Captain Starlight" he is Star Wars biggest fan.
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Nice work guys, sorry we couldn't come as this is one the troops that we find the most rewarding.

[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
It was a touching report Scope, well done to all of you
Because I said so...
:dw11: :sn11: DW2012
Heartfelt report Scope, well done troops. I have a great amount of respect for you guy's making this effort. My godson had a heart operation as a toddler and while he is fine now it was a worrying time. His family still deliver presents to the ward at christmas as they appreciate the effort gone to by the staff & they also appreciate what the kids are going through. After spending that day sitting in the waiting room with his parents, and the following days in ICU and recovery I want to be able to do these troops as well, if only to put a smile on a child's face, and make them forget their circumstances for awhile.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
dont forgot we got the Mater every 2 Months and the royal childrens monthly so please make it a troop to make one of each this year....

(Next Hospital Visits: Mater is 20th May and RCH is 30th March)
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Well done, guys. Another good troop.
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Nicely captured Scope. Good job guys. I think that was the first hospital visit where I actually visited every ward and every child. Was really rewarding!

By the way, I've seen the doc and my legs firmly back in place.
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Good to hear you pulled through Todd.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Great report Scope, there were many good memories like the one of the Snowie doing colouring in with some of the kids and the little girl trying to find out where the troopers voices were coming from. I do enjoy these troops and am looking forward to the next one.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Great work guys!
Well done, Team, you make the Redbacks proud.

I really wanted to make this. I wouldn't know until the night before if it were possible for me to go, having to attend two Birthdays (quiet Adult Birthday on Friday with boardgames and twin Nephew's 1st Birthdays on the Saturday), but alas something going crazy with pains in the stomach was keeping me down. Do I go despite it on the Sunday? The rain I could handle beating, but what if I had a contagion that I could pass on to the kiddies? So I spent the day sitting watching TV shows and finished The Force Unleashed, all the while thinking of you guys doing far more important things and wondering whether I should have just gone there.

When I read the report, my initial thoughts were "Good one stomach, you let those kids down." But they were not let down at all. Another love is that there are other Troopers fighting the good fight even when other Troopers can't. So in this way, thank you for bringing joy to those kids, and thanks for doing it (unknowingly) when I couldn't. Heart

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 397 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 667 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,582 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops