World's Greatest Shave - Kedron Wavell RSL Report
Date: 16/03/2012

Venue:Kedron Wavell RSL

Time:18:00 - 20:00

Mission:To help raise funds for the Leukemia Foundation by promoting and supporting the World's Greatest Shave event.

Trooper Attendance:
Anakinra
Cavalier
Darkvoyd
Glitch
Jimcricket
scope
stormraven
Support Crew:
Deimos
Kylar

Photos:
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...0a%20cure/

Amount Raised:
$3,000 on the night and the RSL matched dollar for dollar what we raised.

just a little half arsed report
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
I couldn't access your photo link.

But looks like you had a good turnout of troopers, and raised an awesome amount.

Great job guys! Doppeldaumen1
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Great work guy's, excellent amount of money raised.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 02:15 PM)Sithprincess Wrote:  I couldn't access your photo link.

But looks like you had a good turnout of troopers, and raised an awesome amount.

Great job guys! Doppeldaumen1

Link is fixed sorry about that
Good work everyone, was there much hair to shave off darkvoyd?
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 03:01 PM)Beanie Wrote:  Good work everyone, was there much hair to shave off darkvoyd?

Not much from Voyd but the RSL guy - Alan - who was shaved hasn't been bearless for 18 years Aaaah so great effort on his part. They were really surprised at how much Imperial Stormtoopers could raise ( with hardly any threats of disintergation ), we first filled up the collection boxes in less than 30 minutes and had to make a few deposit stops during the night. Alan reckoned only a swimwear model playing with puppies could have done better. Jig

Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
It was a fun night, i laughed pretty hard when stormraven mistook me for voyd and i said "he's over there". hilarious!

good on you deimos, i don't think anyone discussed who took on the troop report before we left.
:GCSN12: -> GCSN16
DW2012 -> DW2016
BN12 -> BN16
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 04:04 PM)Glitch Wrote:  good on you deimos, i don't think anyone discussed who took on the troop report before we left.

If that happens I think it should be the job of the POC. 2cents
Deimos Thanks for the report mate. I wrote one today at work as I was waiting to find out the exact totals of funds raised. But well done jumping in. Thanks for a fine effort.

Just to build on what Deimos reported. Troopers raised $410 in the tin on the night. Allan (The RSL guy Stormraven mentioned) raised $2500 to shave his beard off to which our money contributed, and the RSL matched that. So a total of $5000 raised for that little event.

Here's Allan as a Wookie:
[Image: IMG_3896.jpg]

Anyone wonder what a wookie looks like shaved??
[Image: IMG_3900.jpg]

The RSL was extremely happy with the turn out and the effort of all Redback members on the night and have expressed interest for further events for us to attend.

Trooper Scope was the first to jump into the goings by getting his favorite shade of pink painted on his goatie.
[Image: IMG_3868.jpg]

Kylar also jumped in for a quick paint job.
[Image: IMG_3871.jpg]

Then Deimos...
[Image: IMG_3874.jpg]

I followed suit with a shave and as Beanie pointed out, that didn't take too long to complete.
[Image: IMG_3878.jpg]

Also one particular citizen was arrested by Troopers and made to have his hair painted blue with red love hearts... and I dont think my dad's forgiven me.
[Image: IMG_3888.jpg][Image: IMG_3892.jpg]

All in all, awesome job by all. Thanks for an awesome effort all involved!!
[Image: IMG_3910.jpg]

There maybe a few photos coming through from the RSL so keep an eye out for them in photobucket. Also I'm told we are going to feature in the Quest News paper this week so we might have to look at a quick autographing session some time :P

*Hoppy here's your change mate 2cents!!!*
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Well done mate. Wink

(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 05:31 PM)Darkvoyd Wrote:  *Hoppy here's your change mate 2cents!!!*

Yay, I has 2 cents :P .
Further to this report. I just received an email for the organiser.

"Thanks again for coming on the night everyone loves you guys so it really made the crowd huge! Attached is the press release we have sent out to the Northside Chronicle. Thereâ€s quite a few photos so you can see them on our Facebook site and if there are any specific ones you would like copies of please let me knowJ Thanks again!"

Kind Regards,
Terri Hewerdine
Marketing Manager
Kedron-Wavell Services Club Inc

Here's a link to the Press Release:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5YoLYD...dEUxQi1QZw
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
This is just superb. Deimos, you are a Gent taking up the reigns of the report without being asked. Doppeldaumen1

I would have loved to see the tidal wave of hair left behind by DarkVoyd's shave. Nice organisation there, 'Voyd, this looked like a fantastic Troop! Peace
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 08:21 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  This is just superb. Deimos, you are a Gent taking up the reigns of the report without being asked. Doppeldaumen1

Just another way to show how awesome I am Peace

(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 08:21 PM)Phoenix Wrote:  I would have loved to see the tidal wave of hair left behind by DarkVoyd's shave. Nice organisation there, 'Voyd, this looked like a fantastic Troop! Peace
Omg there was so much they had to keep sweeping it away XD. regardless good on you voyd for doing it.

Sorry also forgot to mention in my half arsed troop report that one of the board members was extremely happy and commended the troopers on how they respected the moments silence, that caught me completely off guard XD.
hey here's a link to their photos
- http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a...650&type=1
:GCSN12: -> GCSN16
DW2012 -> DW2016
BN12 -> BN16

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Ipswich Worlds Greatest Shave Buzzard 11 15,539 Wednesday 19-Mar-2014, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Oevil1
Troop Report 2014 Wynnum Worlds Greatest Shave muppet 4 9,330 Monday 17-Mar-2014, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Rubber
  Mt Ommaney - Worlds Greatest Shave Phantom 6 12,568 Wednesday 20-Mar-2013, 04:57 PM
Last Post: benji