Love from Sunshine Coast!
Welcome!

Keep your mind open about your costume options.... There are more than most people know about. Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 02:52 PM)ashbash Wrote:  hmmm i could put myself in the area. I love a good party! would have to ask the boss (my boyfriend)

here is the link to the thread http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-3711.html just pm Kev for his address, and partners are always welcome so bring the boyfriend along.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome to the mighty Redbacks
G'day Ashleigh and welcome to Redback Garrison. As stormraven has suggested, you should get-yourself over to Kevcon, it's happening this Saturday north side. PM Kev Vader for the address. Wink It will be a great way for to meet everyone. You'll be able to get a look at a variety of costumes and maybe someone can bring along an Officer and a Crewman for you too look at.

Have to agree on the going darkside first. I could've gone Rebel before I became a Redback, but I wanted to be an Imperial first. Wink
Welcome aboard Ash, youd make a great crewman/Officer Smile hope you find all the answers you seek.
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
Hello Ash and welcome to the redbacks. yes being bad is so much more fun Smile. I have met a few roller derby girls in brisbane but never made it to a game yet. What i hear you girls play hard. Since your 5ft ever thought of doing a jawa costume? Jawas get stoped for alot of pics, just ask bex. Good luck with ID costume.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Welcome Ashbash, dont forget, you're never too small to be a Sandtroooper!!! Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Hmm I would consider being a jawa but I'm slightly obsessed with the costuming of the Imperial Officer as I love different time periods and certain aspects of uniform design. That being said I have a strong British background and think that being an Imperial Officer will suit me, my obsessions and my heritage... But hey, one cannot have too many costumes! (wait... What's the legions rules on that?)
And I'll consider sandtrooper... Money seems to play a major part in my life though and I can't afford costuming to be a sandtrooper just yet... Now I feel like everyone is trying to recruit me to their area haha... Shiny new play thing
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome aboard mate!
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
Hi Ash and welcome to the redbacks. A good friend of mine does the roller derby stuff in Brisbane. Chances are you've met.
I'm sure you'll have fun and do whatever costume that appeals to you, don't let others sway your decision.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 05:07 PM)ashbash Wrote:  Hmm ..........Shiny new play thing

Shiny not required!!! lol

Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Welcome Ash, I'm Michael. My lovely partner Lisa is doing an Imperial Officer too, we've got a few alterations to do but hopefully her costume will be 'approvable' shortly. Lisa is LadyTarkin on the Redback forums. We did cheat (because neither of us can sew) so we got her uniform from an ex member in the USA who happened to be about the same size.
Great people here in the Redbacks, best advice I can give you is before you buy anything ask our members first.

welcome Smile

lots of awesome people around that are always willing to help you.

PM Muppet because he is the one that will give you approval of your costume.
A few lovely ladies in the garrison have officer uniforms and may have patterns, I know anakira does for sure, she may be able to help but she is busy lady cause she is a mad scientist Smile .......ha ha

Jason (scope)
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

well you guys all seem amazing and I can't wait to meet you all! Thanks for the heads up Scope, i'll contact Muppet when there is a costume to approve lol... baby steps! just wanted to get some sources off existing members and you've all been amazing! I will perhaps PM anakira and ask her how much she'll sell patterns to me... not that I can sew haha!
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Just to correct on what scope probably ment to say. PM Muppet cause he will be able to help you find the information you are looking for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New recruit - Sunshine Coast danstanfield 11 696 Saturday 30-Dec-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: danstanfield
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 7 3,168 Friday 11-Sep-2020, 08:03 AM
Last Post: scoot040
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 0 897 Saturday 29-Aug-2020, 11:48 AM
Last Post: dlrmatrix