Rockhampton Cancer Council FUNdraising Day
Troop Report 
Date: 28-4-2012

Venue: Cancer Council FUNdraising Day at Heights College Rockhampton

Time: 2:00pm to 7:00pm

Mission: To be awesome and roam around the fundraising event, doing photos and making making kids smile.

Trooper Attendance: Angelman, LadyTarkin (plus one Jawa and one mini clone), Nerf

Guest Trooper Attendance: Sithershaw

Support Crew: Darkcyde

Detail:
Taking civilian transports and donning civilian clothes we met up with our imperial contacts. We arrived by our deadline of 1:00pm and found our way to a small secret hidden room at the event. We changed into our armour and uniforms and emerge to the stunned citizens. There appeared to be many people dressed as fictional characters, but the quality paled in comparison to our ranks. Many high fives were given, many hands were shaken and quite a few photos of smiling faces were taken. A rebel called Sithershaw had informed us that he may have useful information so we kept him in close proximity at all times. We also spotted a decoy Princess Leia, the smuggler Chewbacca and Lord Vader.
Unfortunately his information proved to be as patchy and reliable as the weather, just as the crowds were starting to build rain showers passed over the event.
Fortunately later in the afternoon the rain stopped and the crowd numbers swelled.
Once the darkness set in and the flood lights turned on, it was deemed a little to hard for the TKs to safely navigate the wet grass, low light and growing crowds.
So we implemented our back-up strategy and switched to our RBG civilian clothes and mingled with the crowds enjoying the entertainment and fireworks.
The rebel information returned no leads, though we may have to investigate this event next year.

Charity Funds Raised: NA, all funds collected at the gate, will report a when I hear.

Injuries: None

Malfunctions: Angelman's shoulder bells, Nerf's Compad stopped functioning (borrowed my crewman one).

Public Incidents: One slap on the back (to Angelman), one kid tried to grab Nerf's gun (Nerf had a good grip on it).

Mission Status: Success, would have been more successful if the weather had been better.

Photos:
[Image: DSCF2122.jpg]
Nice work there...great photo. Well done
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Well done guy's.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Big thanks to Sithershaw (Daniel) and Darkcyde (Tony), it was first time they'd wrangled for us.
Darkcyde has paid for his TK armour and awaiting his box eagerly.
Bring on the TKs :dancingtk:

We're going to have to start finding more wranglers, anyone got friends or associates in Rockhampton that can help out?
Was a nice troop - could only stay for a couple of hours but I had fun. Smile

I just have to make sure my compad has batteries for when I'm down for DW.. :P

Also, if we're strapped for wranglers we could take turns doing it ourselves. We don't always have to be in armour (despite how awesome it is to actually be in it :P )
Was great to get out and do something good. Thanks to Angelman for organizing this event Smile Can't wait for the next one Smile

Also what Channel will that interview be on ? Was it Channel 7 ?
Nice one guys, will be good to catch up with you again when you come down to DW
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Hey Angelman

Nice work Rocky team !! Sorry I was working all day (+1/2 night) otherwise would have loved to helped out.

The offer to wrangle is always there - just let me know and I'll see what I can wangle to wrangle. Wink

Cheers
Neil
The 501st - Bad guys doing good.
Nerf we realised when we got back in the car, we had spare batteries packed Huh

Sithershaw, Channel 7, Monday or Tuesday night, but I doubt they'll use any of the sound bites we gave, they'll probably just show us and do a voice over. I'm still waiting on the footage they took weeks ago at the cinema.
Great work everyone! It's always good to read the troop reports for our Rocky troops.

It's gonna be great to see you all next week at DW, and Angelman, dont forget that beer you owe me Cheeky and Nerf, Ill be sure to bring some stubbie coolers for you, No excuses this time Ive packed them already.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Deltorn, I hadn't forgotten about the beer or two, I actually mentioned it at Supanova, but you weren't there on the Sunday.
Looking forward to DW, I won't be doing the Saturday night mixers, as I have tinnitus (ringing in the ears) which means in busy locations with lots of people speaking I can't hear anyone (which isn't much fun) and generally results in my ears ringing for the next day and a half (which isn't any fun either). Thought I better explain before people think I'm unsociable. No rock concerts for me any more Sad
Great troop guys, hope to meet you guys at DW.
The pain of regret is greater that the pain of DISCIPLINE!!
From the footage on the Local Channel 7 News tonight, we helped raise over $15,000 not bad for a wet day.

Go the TKs :dancingtk: everyone wants to be one (don't they?)
Apparently the total ended up being $27,000 !!!
Absolutely fantastic result, big thanks to Donna Kirkland, the Cathedral of Praise and Heights College, and all the other businesses that contributed for free to this great event.

Hope we get invited again next year, and I hope we can turn up with greater numbers.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QLD Cancer Council - May the Fourth be Pink! Donut 2 2,252 Sunday 9-May-2021, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Meowied_Cass
  Cancer Council QLD Family Fun Day Toowoomba Bolt_2112 12 10,989 Tuesday 20-Feb-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Bolt_2112
Troop Report Moorooka Birthday and Cancer Council Fundraiser Teiwaz 11 13,841 Thursday 10-Nov-2016, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Altair