Mater report
Troop Report 
Team 2 report by Beanie

the group was split into 2 with team 2 having TKs Beanie, Badsy & Jaggered with Officer Bids.
We set out to met a young teenage girl up in one of the wards that was looking forward to seeing us, she asked us to play a magic card games with her and it seemed the Starlight Captain was a Jedi when the Captain picked the correct card, and they claim it was a magic trick... pfft thats Jedi mind trickier i say! we also played a hand of "Go Fish" which TK 4159 had won.

Imperial 1 - The Kids 0

So off we went to the next level to visit a few more children, this young boy had a game called "Scrutiny" where the board has 10 holes and 2 sides have 4 holes with 4 pebbles in them... the aim of the game is to place a the 4 lots of 4 pebbles one at a time around into each of the holes until your side of the board is empty... so it was on, Boy vs Bids... this little one has played many games with his father and beaten him many times, so it was on... and well he pulled out some tricky moves and well the imperials lost.

Imperials 1 - The Kids 1

we decided that it best we go onto the next kid to try our luck on the Jenga (not to be confused with Jango Fetts Game) this boy was a clever little boy called Sith.... or was it Seth?? He was quick to test the imperials balancing and mind with this Building blocks game.
Bids again was up for the challenge, slowing pulling a block out form the stack and placing it on top... slowly the 2 removed and stacked... the stack was knocked over by.... us the imperials.

Imperials 1 - The Kids 2

the young boy challenged the imperials again, this time it was ON.
the moves was slower and the stacking more precise and after about 5 mins the stack was twice the original height... the top stack was a piece going left and a piece on top of that going right... it was tense! the young boy tries to remove a piece half way up the stack until..... it all came down.

Imperials 2 - The Kids 2

it was a tie! we then moved to level 8 and walked around to find the children but.. they are all Healthy which i guess is great, but no one was there to see us... no wait... the nurses and a couple of Mums saw us and got a few more pictures.

We then returned to Level 4 Starlight room to find team 1 already entertaining the the room, got a group picture and left to fight another day.

End of beanies team report.

Team 1 report by scope

the Deathstar elevator arrives and transports sideshowmel,stormraven,Wolf and scope to the starlight room for thumbs up photo and kick off for another kids hospital visit.
Mel quickly engages the kids in making sure they are turning channel 13 on cause star wars is on T.V. ( hey we are famous ) Lol
Some kids were fans of star wars and some had never watched one, oh well, now you have met us will you give it a try for us ? maybe one kid said.
Cuddles were handed out to anyone who wanted one and lots of smiles were shared, we had a great time meeting 14 kids and thier families.
We headed back to the starlight room to see the kids colouring in, playing computer games and doing crafts where 2 little girls decided put a pink fluffy pom pom on the nose on a stormtrooper with sticky tape and 2 pink pipe cleaner antenia on each of the TK's ears to which one little girl had the giggles long after she finished her work of art.
Lucky no one had a camera !!!
Of course way too soon the transport arrived for despatch of the troops and we all boarded and headed for our home (the deathstar)

If you have never done a hospital troop we all highly recommend that you put your name down for one as it is the most rewarding time you can have as a volunteer 501st.
"God bless all the kids we saw today and we wish you better"

scope (TK3461) signing out
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

when the Captains download the pics the group picture will be sent to me for uploading to our photobucket archives.

and yet again, another awesome troop at the hospital.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Great work Redbacks, I hope LadyTarkin and I can do a hospital troop soon and learn the ropes, would love to start covering some of the regional hospitals with visits.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
i can ask the contact here if they know any hospitals up your way and start sending out info for yah!
<p>
FNG
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Sounds like it was a Fun day guys.
May your passions surround us and bind us.......to the Darkside..
Bardy
Whoa there Beanie, would like to get some experience first (and a few more troopers and wranglers on board too).
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
(Sunday 20-May-2012, 09:09 PM)Bardello Soldjar Wrote:  Sounds like it was a Fun day guys.

Hospital visits are a lot of fun as we get to bring smiles to many sick children and their families but they are also tinged with a sadness as many kids are quite sick. One of the kids we got to meet Azza's cousin and found out that he is a really slack cousin Cheeky because he has never given her any Redback tattoos or pins - we helped make him look even more slack by giving her some. Jig
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Was a top troop - don't know who enjoys it more - the kids, the staff or the parents - or us! Hospital troops make me feel like I'm actually doing something, & although every kid might not know who we are, every parent does, & when they thank us, I always say, "Thank you for letting us visit."

I can only hope we bring a little happiness.
CV:sn11::DW11::SN2011v2:DW2012:GCSN12:CVI:DW13:
Thanks for having me along for my first Hospital troop gang. It was a great experience & I hope I didn't disappoint Lord Vader with the 2-All ScoreAaaah.
That was the most Intense game of Jenga I've ever been involved in, and I'm beginning to wonder if young Seth had anything to do with the Death Star ConstructionNotworthy.
I think we had as many pictures with parents & staff as kids, so all were pleased with the visit.
To anyone who hasn't been on one yet, do yourself a favour and go along when you get a chance, I look forward to many more.
Cheers
Craig
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Sounds like awesome fun. Great job!
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
(Sunday 20-May-2012, 09:15 PM)Angelman Wrote:  Whoa there Beanie, would like to get some experience first (and a few more troopers and wranglers on board too).

ohh ok cool no probs.
<p>
FNG
</p>
Awesome job guys Hi5
Always great troops and it sounds like you guys were all over it.

Great work troopers.....
[Image: 02aScorp-FRONT.jpg][Image: expert_infantry_badge1.png]
Prior to entering the Cell Bay-"Alright...Once the door opens..don't get shot or trip over...OK !!"

Good troop overall so well done to all involved & those that attended the Mad March that morning & the hospital event the day before.

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Mater Childrens Hospital Starlight Rooms Troop Report Sunday 26 May 2013 Rebelrach 8 18,940 Friday 31-May-2013, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report Troop report, Mater childrens scope 28 48,398 Thursday 22-Mar-2012, 06:06 PM
Last Post: scope
Troop Report Mater Hospital Halloween Troop Report redpaint 12 23,292 Thursday 3-Nov-2011, 05:17 PM
Last Post: redpaint