Venue: Bill Patterson Oval, Limestone Park, Lion St, Ipswich

Time: 0830 - 1030

Mission: To support the RSPCA Million Paws Walk

Trooper Attendance: Buzzard, Sithprincess

Guest Trooper Attendance: nil

Support Crew: Lei, Skylark, Phillip, Karen

Dog Attendance: Bronson, Harry, Miffy, Tia

Detail:
Two imperial transports were despatched to the Ipswich system in order to maintain peace during the local "Million Paws Walk", transport 1 containing Sithprincess & Phillip and transport 2 containing Buzzard, Lei & Karen. Through expert planning and coordination both imperial transports arrived within minutes of each other, parking together just outside of the intended target area in order to avoid rebel detection. As per standard mission protocol, trooper Buzzard began to armour up, when suddenly, a rebel x-wing pilot appeared! As Buzzard reached for his E-11 in order to quickly despatch the enemy he noticed something suspicious. The small dog accompanying the rebel pilot had a Redback Garrison patch sewn onto her coat. Switching to interrogation mode, Buzzard discovered that the "rebel" was actually Trooper Sithprincess, cleverly carrying out a counter-operation designed to draw out any true rebel sympathisers (Fortunately for the local population, all attending were loyal to the Emperor and no disintegrations were necessary). As Sithprincess was in disguise, she was able to loan Lei her crewman outfit in order to help strike awe into all present.

[Image: 8CC94EDC-F92D-43BF-B8AC-F8FEB4F84C8E.jpg]

After registering the imperial canines and meeting up with Skylark, our first priority was to show the denizens we meant business and a random citizen was interrogated as an example. Due to this display, we had no trouble from the locals for the duration of our mission.

[Image: 51DA28D6-7FEF-4907-B04A-3E5C9E3D8E3A.jpg]

As the start of the walk approached, the MC began making his announcements. As most locals were standing around listening and not heading to the start line, the MC commented, "Hmmm, what's the best way to start this?" as he gazed around, not completely sure what to do next, he spotted Trooper Buzzard. Eyes lighting up with the opportunity to show further loyalty to the empire, he announced, "Everybody follow the stormtrooper!"

Not one to shy away from a challenge and always willing to lead citizens to the Emperors will, Buzzard moved quickly to the start line and began the march. Everyone followed obediently as expected and soon were moving along at various paces and fully enjoying the fresh air, sun and pleasantness that the day had brought. Once the circuit was completed we allowed all the opportunity to mingle freely and visit the various stalls and of course, take holopics with the empires finest.

Oh, and for some unknown reason, one confused person brought along a Llama.

Counting our mission as complete, we returned to the transport, dearmoured and returned to base.

Charity Funds Raised: nil

Injuries: nil

Malfunctions: nil

Public Incidents: nil

Mission Status: Complete success.

Photos: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...20Ipswich/

[Image: F32C5A9B-3A5E-4D56-B1DF-DEECA6B9E991.jpg][Image: 1A540946-4EB0-42B2-A25D-C1F82877B4B6.jpg]
[Image: 2012-05-20095939.jpg]
[Image: CB1EBF40-4F75-4957-8DDD-20E175A130E2.jpg]
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Sounds like a pretty cool troop Buzzard. Loved the pair of "Imperial Guards" in the picture, I wouldn't argue with them!
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Those are real stormtrooper dogs! I don't know what the little fluffy things the girls all brought were....
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

Good report Buzzard.
Well done troopers looked like a good day out.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great report Buzzard. Lei, awesome to see you suited up!!! Sounds like everyone had a fab walk, well done guys and gals and puppies Smile
Great job!!
Cheers, Todd "Voyd" TK6086 - Shiny all the way.
[Image: a6c60a375dc66e13.png]
You were deceived and now your Republic shall fall!
:GCSN12: DW2012
(Sunday 20-May-2012, 11:03 PM)BIDS Wrote:  Sounds like a pretty cool troop Buzzard. Loved the pair of "Imperial Guards" in the picture, I wouldn't argue with them!

ha ha ha ha ha ha, good one Bids, you made me laugh !!!
and fantastic job Ipswich crew, you make us all proud to be redbacks

love and peace from scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Great work guys hopefully there wont be a clash of events next year.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Glad you guys n gals had as much fun as we did doing the event too. Great photos.
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Was a great troop.

And great report Buzzard. Was better than I would have come up with.

I've added my photos to Buzzard's in the Photobucket, but here's a couple of my favourites.

[Image: MillionPaws_002.jpg]

[Image: MillionPaws_003a.jpg]

[Image: MillionPaws_020.jpg]

[Image: MillionPaws_025.jpg]
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SCARS & 4 Paws Walk sharpshooter2231 1 2,046 Sunday 29-Sep-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Kelz
  SCARS 4 paws animal rescue walk for awareness scoot040 1 2,829 Sunday 23-Sep-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Triple9
Troop Report 4 paws annual dog walk scoot040 1 4,161 Monday 5-Sep-2016, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Xmez