I wanna be an officer!
Hi!

I heard about the 501 through my husband, Draco, or Darth Revan. Wish I could have been at Dreamworld, it sounded great, but it was our son's first birthday!

I hope to be able to attend things really soon, & am starting to research what I need for my uniform. I'd like to be an Imperial Officer, as I don't like wearing masks, but I always wanted to be in the military!

I'd like to do the all black uniform, since I don't have to colour match the tunic colour that way! I think I've seen one other officer in the Redback Garrison - did you make your own uniform, or get it made for you? Would like to talk uniforms!

Cheers, look forward to meeting you all!

Mel
Hi and Welcome Mel! :D Nice to have another lady around Smile Smile

Im working on a female tusken raider myself hehe, but then, I dont mind masks.

Im just saying gday :D Maybe talk to Moxxie about her officer! Good luck!
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Hey there Mel,
Scotty and I are the only two Imperial Officers at the moment, but we'd love more people to join us!

Mum and I made my costume from a modified McCall's pattern - it was fairly simple to modify and sew. It helps that mum and I have been sewing together from the minute she taught me how to pin things together for her! (Child slavery?)

There's loads of great threads over at the Imperial Officers Detachment forums:
http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/

Whatever you do - avoid Costumebay. The costuming regulations have changed recently, and none of their costumes will be accepted without some serious and tricky modifications.

Look forward to meeting you too!
Happy trooping!
Jacqui / Moxxxie
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Thanks gals! I've checked out the imperial website, it's a great resource! I'll definately be making my own uniform rather than buying one, I've sewn for years so I reckon I can do an okay job.

I normally make medieval clothing, I have a part time business in custom clothing for reinactors, so the sewing part will be easy, but the "modernity" will be the hard bit! Also finding the time to sew this uniform in between all the sewing I do for my business & my own medieval stuff, plus wrangling a one year old! (Thinking of making him a jawa costume!)

Thank god Draco does most of his own sewing! He gets put in a queue with me & gets sick of waiting!

I would love to know the pattern number that you used & altered for your uniform. I have found a western riding jacket pattern that may also be suitable with alterations, I've attached a pic. It seems to have the double breasted front & correct collar. I've emailed the manufacturer to ask some questions.

I want to wear jodhpurs but don't have a pattern - what did you do? Also, where did you get your fabric? I was thinking of a black gaberdine from Spotlight or Lincraft.

Thanks again!

Mel

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome.

The pattern you are after is.......

McCall's Costumes M4745
I also have the pattern for the hat
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Hi Mel, welcome to the forum
Yep, garberdine is the right fabric.
There's a really AMAZING fabric shop on the sunny coast near Kawana. It's hidden in the industrial zone, in the backblocks. It's just a warehouse stocked full of the best stuff - and what's better, he's cheap and there's never any queues!

I went in there, and had a choice of 4 different types of black suit fabric.

I'm not allowed to go there often, because I get way too inspired and end up doing way too much damage with the plastic!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome good to see you on board :-)
[Image: bannerstrip3.jpg]
hey Mel, welcome to the redbacks. I'm planning to do an officer this year as well, but i'll probably be going the grey coloured uniform. Troops will look great with a few more officers to keep control of the TK's. It's also a great costume to be able to wrangle in. well keep us posted on your progress, and remember we love to see plenty of pics Smile
cheers
Lestat
Economical Assault Trooper
Welcome!

I am looking at doing an officer soon too....
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
welcome to the Redbacks. Am looking at doing the Intell Officer uniform mayself as an alt to my TK.
Save the Environment!..........Use your sleeve.
Hi Mel,

Welcome to the Redbacks.
Looking forward to trooping with you.

Draco
HeartHeartHeart
Welcome Mel, good to have you on board. So many want to be officers,damm there goes the galaxyHehehe
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Welcome aboard Mel. Will be good to have some more Officers to boss us poor long suffering TK's about..LOL
TK-TEX
FOR THE EMPIRE !

"You don't know what the world looks like until you put a helmet on"
Rick Stafford....Heart of an Empire
G'days Mel. Welcome to redbacks.

So why didn't you and Draco bring the little jawa to dreamworld for his birthday?

Good luck with the uniform, will be nice to have someone other than Mox and Scotty to order us TKs around. Smile