Gold Coast Leukaemia Foundation - Light The Night
Troop Report 
Date: 10/10/2010

Venue: Broadwater Parklands

Time: 1600hrs – 2000hrs

Mission: To show support for the Leukaemia Foundation with a nice night stroll by Lantern Light.

Trooper Attendance:
Oigen TK
Madine TD
J’Girl ID
Phoenix TKC
Chief TB
Deimos TR

Support Crew: Spooky, If I missed anyone please let me know.

Detail:

Upon arriving in my troop transport at the Broadwater docking bay’s I met up with fellow troopers Deimos and J’Girl at the Docking permit production computer, after receiving out permits for the required docking time we preceded to the registration desk to announce our presence and collect our lanterns.

After having a chat and bumping into Spooky we noticed the loyal imperial citizens were starting arrive, we headed back to our transports to Armour up in the local Docking Bay, right across from the local law enforcement band.

It was feared that Phoenix and Oigen were captured by the Rebels after not showing up at the assigned Docking Bay but after a short recon mission it was discovered they had been stopped for many photos.

Once regrouped we were posed for many photos it was good to see how well the Empire is supported in this area, after having our photo with the local law enforcement band we were approached by the local Holonews Weather guy Paul Burt for a show of imperial force on camera while he produced the weather.

It was now time for the pre walk talk to get underway we gathered in front of the stage to light up our Lanterns and display how many people were here to show their support first it was the Gold Lanterns to remember the loved ones lost this was followed by a moments silence, then it was time for the White Lanterns to be raised to show the survivors, cheer’s could be heard when this happened, and now for the Blue Lanterns these are to show support, there was an amazing sea of Blue, it was hard to believe there was so many it left you with this proud feeling that so many were here just to support this event and that they out numbered the Gold and White lanterns.

The walk began and what an impressive sight to see the line of Lanterns stretching along the Broadwater foreshore, we walked to the imperial match coming from the speaker system of Phoenix and stopped for many photos along the way. We finished the walk and posed for more photos, while the entertainment continued on the stage we departed to the Docking Bay to change and head out to the courthouse for mission debrief but the is a whole other story.

Charity Funds Raised: Total funds raised by the entire team $622.00 Jig

Injuries: Armour rubs and bites for Madine

Malfunctions: Royal Guard Helmet needs more cooling.

Public Incidents: None

Mission Status: Outstanding Success

Photos:
Gold Coast Light The Night

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

Nice Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
it truly was an awesome troop to do.
I SURVIVED THE HOTDOG CHALLENGE: TIME TO BEAT 13 MINUTES 19 SECONDS[Image: tumblr_l2ck3iffPx1qc073co1_400.gif]
A very special night. Thanks for organising Chief.
Great test for the big one this week. It was great. And cooling and antifogging is a must :P
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Was a great nite Td
Just need to trim/modify some more Smile
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Philosophy is wondering if that means ketchup is a smoothie.

Learn from your past, live for the moment, pray for a future!

:TD: :GCSN12: :TD: DW2012 :TD:
Fantastic report, Trooper Oigen! Bigfan

This was a truly moving experience, and one that I'd like to support again.

Also of note, and as said a story for another time, was the Troop/walk back for Oigen and Phoenix to de-armour to the sounds of K-Pop and the 80s - attracting much attention from those loyal Imperial Citizens waiting for their public transports or eating at cantinas. DancingTK

PS: Trooper Madine is now not considered as lax in cleaning his armour as he (and J'Girl) gifted him with a Stormtrooper gym bag! Thanks, you pair! Doppeldaumen1
(Tuesday 16-Oct-2012, 11:13 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  Fantastic report, Trooper Oigen! Bigfan

Trooper Oigen Wink

some pics added to troop report.

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

It was a great night ;-p Well done to everyone. Did anyone see us on channel 9 news with Paul Burt ???
JawaGCSN13 GCSN16   BN13:  BN16 DW2013    DW2016OCC2014

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ABC Gold Coast - May The Fourth Be With You Ktty 2 1,435 Thursday 13-May-2021, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Meowied_Cass
Troop Report Light The Night - Mackay 2019 TripleSix 1 1,959 Sunday 13-Oct-2019, 03:28 PM
Last Post: pecklez
Troop Report Gold Coast Supanova 2019 Squid 5 4,462 Thursday 9-May-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: APOK