Starlight Grant-a-Wish Springfield Lakes
Troop Report 
Date: 17th November 2012

Venue: Weir Residence, Springfield Lakes

Time: 14:30-16:30

Mission: To support the Starlight Foundation as they make a wish come true.

Trooper Attendance:
4056 - stormraven
4943 - Rubber
5389 - Phantom
6068 - Cavalier
8547 - Bullant

Guest Trooper Attendance: None

Support Crew: 0889 - Cobra

Detail:
The 501st Legion had the honour of supporting Kirby Creighton from the Starlight Foundation as she granted 16 year old Jayke Weir a special wish, which was in the form of DJ equipment.
[Image: SAM_1919.jpg]
(note the brand name Smile)
[Image: SAM_1927.jpg]

Jayke is also a big Star Wars fan, so Stormraven provided Jayke with a Jedi Robe and Light Saber to use for the photos.
[Image: SAM_1916.jpg]

Having the 501st Legion on deck, just made his day all the more special.
[Image: SAM_1923.jpg]

Jayke's Mum and Dad couldn't have been more happier.(oh, see if you can spot Jayke's Dad Smile)

[Image: SAM_1933.jpg]

All in all it was a great day for Jayke and the 501st.

Charity Funds Raised: N/A

Injuries: Nil

Malfunctions: Cavalier had a slight problem with his armour, someone else forgot to put on his neck seal *cough* Bullant *cough*. Apart from that, nothing else was reported.

Public Incidents: None, though Jayke's rowdy friends were quickly brought in to submission.
[Image: SAM_1930.jpg]

Mission Status: Complete success. (we may even have one or two recruits as well)

Photos: http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/50...ld%20Lake/

TK 0889 out.
Unbelievable.

Thank you so much for trooping this one at such late notice. Thank you so much, guys.

I really wish I could have been there!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Really glad to have been able to help out for this troop, its really great to see despite how much pain and problems this family have been through they can still find so much to be postive and happy about. Notworthy

Though the real stars of the day were the Starlight "make a wish" team providing Jayke with his own DJ equipment Doppeldaumen1 I know we made a good impression, already Jaykes older brother has signed up as a cadet, and we may get his dad as well. Jig
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Couldn't say it any better than stormraven.

As far as the neck seal, after watching Ink Masters I thought the CRL had been updated to remove the neck seal Cheeky

Rick you also may have missed the comment of the day from Jayke's mum when they were discussing what each of the costumes were. Someone said "who's the black one?" and she replied "Isn't that Darth Vader's Aunty??" Lol
Good little troop, I am glad I could make it.

It was great to see the positive attitude from all the family and friends there considering what they have all been through what they are going through.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
You guys ROCK, great work!!!Doppeldaumen1Doppeldaumen1Doppeldaumen1
Well done guy's, a great outcome all round.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
great stuff guys Smile
Well done troops. Wink
It's when you do a troop like this, you realise just how lucky you are!
Great family, great troop, great fun, great photos and report Cobra.
I also agree and couldn't say it better than comments of my fellow troopers.
What an amazing day for this familly. Rubber told me about it when I got home yesterday morning and made me all teary. These memories will be treasured by all I think.
Hi guys and girls, Jaykes dad here.
We all had a great day and with that on behalf of Karen and I we would like to thank the guys who came, took time out of their day, even at the business end of the year, to make Jaykes day that little bit better.
Alittle about Jayke.
He has a rare disorder (1 in 26 million) that he now gets a feed through a tube in his stomach ie not allowed to eat anymore, and to top it off a heart condition aswell......has died on us atleast 11 times the first time Chris and I had to do CPR to bring him back.

Once again thanks very much from mum and dad.

Take care.......
So glad to have made this one, a great reason to troop....

Would do it again Anytime Td
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Never have I respected so many people so highly before. Great job guys!!!Doppeldaumen1
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Heart Oh this is just brilliantly brilliant! Doppeldaumen1