Guest Trooper Attendance:
Nil

Support Crew:
Ironclaw
Nighthawk
Declan CDZ0243
Mackenzie

Detail:
Arriving a little before 8am I met with the Leukaemia Foundation rep and the centre manager as they were setting up the stage.
I had a call from a certain Dark Lord who wasn't quite sure where he as meant to be, I guess the force doesn't work so well in the early hours.
Shortly after arriving at the change room I was met by Kev Vader, Hop, Blueski (cadet giving his TD a run for the first time), Benji (another cadet testing out his kit) and wrangler Ironclaw. Unfortunately the room was locked and Hop went to get someone to let us in and shortly after getting let in Buzzard, Lei and their son arrived followed close by Stormraven. Wrangler Nighthawk was assisting setting up the stage and made it back for the breifing. I had a call from Rubber who said that he and TheWolf had arrived but needed sustenance, someone had a late night on the blue milk.
Just after 9am we proceeded down the corridor and out into the shopping centre. To say the locals where impressed would be an understatement. A lot of high fives and photos. Vader was at his best walking up behind people at ATMs and freaking them out.

Vader doesn't shop on his own....he needs an entourage....

[Image: VaderShopping.jpg]

[Image: DSC03995.jpg]

[Image: DSC03994.jpg]

[Image: Riverlink037.jpg]

Being Vaders personal shopper got a bit too much for one trooper.

[Image: DSC03986.jpg]

Vader doing some shopping for the Deathstar corridor. I think he has been watching the Block too much.

[Image: DSC03997.jpg]

We made our way to the stage where all the action was happening. So many people joining in getting shaved or coloured. Lots of photos taken with the people getting shaved and coloured. We stayed at the stage for a while to ecnourage those getting shaved or coloured and to have photos taken.

[Image: Riverlink042.jpg]

[Image: Riverlink041.jpg]

[Image: Riverlink001.jpg]

[Image: DSC04016.jpg]

[Image: DSC04003.jpg]

[Image: DSC04002.jpg]

[Image: DSC04008.jpg]

[Image: DSC04020.jpg]

After a while we left and took a short and well deserved break as the stage was outdoors and although undercover and shaded it was still pretty warm out.
After our break three of us where getting shaved Buzzard, Hop and myself. We had more photos and then we hit the stage all three of us getting shaved at the same time. Hop went a 0 blade, I went a 2 blade and Buzzard went a 1 blade. We took our seats and removed our helmets much to the dissapointment of the MC who said he won't be able to watch Star Wars again without seeing our faces.

[Image: DSC04026.jpg]

[Image: DSC04040.jpg]

I felt a cold hand on my neck and the blade touch my head only after I found out it was Vader luckily for me the hairdresser stepped in and finished the job.

[Image: DSC04032.jpg]

After the shave three very handsome troopers looking all the better for their run in with the clippers.

[Image: DSC04060.jpg]

Now onto Mt. Ommaney......

Charity Funds Raised:
The Redback Worlds Greatest Shave Team raised just over $150. i do hope that next year we can get a few more on board and raise some more.

Injuries:
Nil

Malfunctions:
Nil that I am aware of.

Public Incidents:
benji made a little kid cry and scream....it's not a troop until that happens Smile

Mission Status:
Complete success.

Photos:
Some fantastic photos can be found here...
Riverlink - Worlds Greatest Shave
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great work troopers,
Really bummed i missed this, I really need a haircut Wink
(Tuesday 19-Mar-2013, 10:27 AM)muppet Wrote:  I really need a haircut Wink

Oh Yes, You so do... Wink

Top Job you guys...

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Nice work guy's, especially the extra yards to shave your heads. Don't worry about the public incident Benji, it's you're first but it won't be the lastWink
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
yeah Azrael got at least 2 at Morayfield Masters Smile

though hes kindly sharing one of those crying events with Buzzard
DW2013 to DW2018
Great job guys! Sorry I couldn't be at this one too.
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Excellent troop - well done to all involved!
So sorry I couldn't make any of the troops this weekend, I was at the F1 on Friday and didn't get back to Saturday afternoon, and then I had a day out with my Joeys Scouts on Sunday. Next year, definitely next year (I'll have to grow my hair out so I can go a number 0 blade!)
Awesome day. When I got home, I found there was an injury. I was bleeding from an armour bite on my leg behind the knee, had soaked a bit into my undersuit and a little on the inside of my armour. All clean now. Wink
I don't remember making a kid cry haha, i thought it was Kev and blueski? :P Had a great day tho!
Clones are cooler

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Shave for a Cure Reece Ipswich Rubber 5 10,473 Thursday 12-Mar-2015, 02:49 PM
Last Post: hopfot
Troop Report Ipswich Worlds Greatest Shave Buzzard 11 15,564 Wednesday 19-Mar-2014, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Oevil1
Troop Report 2014 Wynnum Worlds Greatest Shave muppet 4 9,341 Monday 17-Mar-2014, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Rubber