cavx reporting for duty
Hi Guys,

OK this is it, I am doing it Peace I met a heap of guys last year at Dream World (had a photo of me hanging with the Fett etc) and had a family photo taken at Light The Night last year. I had to work this year so could not attend the DW event, so sent my lovely wife on a mission to catch up with the guys and say hi.

Anyways, I want costume and want to do something a little different. Whilst Stormtrooper would rock, I am actually thinking one of the Ithorians [AKA "hammerhead" creature] from Mos E's cantina would be cool and I have not seen one done yet.

Mark Bigfan
Welcome!
Ithorians would be pretty awesome if you have the skills to sculpt one of them, you'd have to do one of the Moomos though, as they were bounty hunters, most of the other ithorians were very much anti empire
(Monday 6-May-2013, 09:31 PM)JOker Wrote:  you'd have to do one of the Moomos though, as they were bounty hunters,

Hey thanks JOker for replying. So would the one we see in ANH be that?
I have made some odd bits and pieces over the years and recently discovered the power of foam. So I am thinking EVA for a base of the head and feet. It seems with enough foam and super glue, we can build just about anything Smile
Hey mate and welcome to the Redbacks!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the forums,
Cant wait to see your build. It seems as though it will be a challenging one.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Feeling the love...
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Welcome Cavx I don't think anyone in either the 501st or the Rebels has done an Ithorian, so if you did one that would be awesome but as a first costume it would also be put under more intense scrutiny to make sure that it is "screen accurate" e.g. the one you see in the Cantina shots.

If you are free on the 18th of May there is an Armor Party on and these are often great chances to see armor being put together and get to meet the garrison. If not keep an eye on the upcoming events and see if you can come along to one of those.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
(Monday 6-May-2013, 09:46 PM)Phantom Wrote:  Hey mate and welcome to the Redbacks!

Thanks Phantom Smile

(Monday 6-May-2013, 09:52 PM)Deimos Wrote:  Welcome to the forums,
Cant wait to see your build. It seems as though it will be a challenging one.

Yeah I recon it will have its challenges. I was going to have a go at a xeno head, but this is SW, so worth a go at least anyway. I've always liked this creature since I first saw it on the big screen in 1977.

(Monday 6-May-2013, 09:53 PM)Cavalier Wrote:  Feeling the love...

Smile will if I can actually make it Smile
The one you see in ANH is Momaw Nadon, but he's not a bounty hunter, he's a Rebel (you can read why he was there in the EU book "Tales from the Mos Eisely Cantina")

To get one approved into the 501st, you'd need to find approved canon images for them, if you drop Phantom a PM, he'd be able to explain what you'd need better than I can
CAVX you finally made it here!
I had the opportunity to meet your better half enjoying the fun in the sun at this years RGB-DW.
She's keen to get a costume too and we all look forward to seeing what your going to come up with here. Redbacks thrive on "making the first of" anything Star Wars so get on board mate.
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Cavx I can hook you up with the guy that made this one if you want.
It would be awesome .... it would also be very hot to wear.

Welcome to the start of your amazing journey, I hope you get as much out of this hobby as we do.

[Image: DSC08297.jpg]
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Shannon Weaver is the man you seek, it will cost around $1000 for the head and hands and feet are prob going to be extra. If you search for him on FB otherwise PM me and I will give you his mobile number. He is the best around.

scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Just remember though. Being a new-to-legion character, that you work with the LMO and GMO to be sure you can get it approved. Assuming that you will be doing the one from the cantina and he is actually a Star Wars "bad guy".

However, if you did as a Jedi (as pictured in Angelman's post) then it won't be approvable here, but should be in Rebel Legion. Wink

Either way, this will be awesome and an awesome character to see.
Welcome.

The one you see in the Cantina, would fall under the Rebel Legion.

That wouldn't matter though. A lot of us are in both Legions, and you would still be very welcome to troop with us either way.

Good luck. Gonna be awesome!
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
We LOVE new characters!
If you want to do him as a Rebel, the Rebel Legion is for you. Queensland is part of the Tatooine Base, so you can sign up there. A lot of us are duel members.
Either way, good guy or bad guy, your character sounds great and you've got a lot of resources and helpful folk ready to see you build come to life!
Good luck!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cadet Salbak reporting for duty Salbak 4 2,615 Saturday 2-Nov-2019, 03:55 PM
Last Post: MyKill
  CaptKayJay Reporting for duty CaptKayJay 4 4,377 Tuesday 13-Feb-2018, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Firestorm
  FN-2199 Brisbane reporting for duty Booster 33 39,886 Sunday 11-Jun-2017, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Booster