AUSCERT Gala Dinner
Troop Report 
Date: Tuesday 21st May 2013

Venue Address: Royal Pines Resort, Ross St, Benowa, QLD 4217

Time: 1730pm to armour up for a 1800 start. 2000 finish.

Mission: We are lucky enough to be asked back to do this troop again. They loved us so much they have invited us again but it is a little different from last year.

Trooper Attendance:

Apok - TX Shadow
Phantom - Fett
The Sniper - Dengar
Deimos - TR
Madine - TD
Oigen - TK
Bullant - TK
Azrael - TK
J'Girl - ID
Westiee - ID
Glitch - 501st Phase 2 Clone

Support Crew:

Elektra (The birthday girl)
Gertrude

Detail: The team assembled well before the 1730 kick off. So early in fact that the room wasn't even ready yet. We hung in the lobby looking awesome and Gertrude got a coffee.

Once the room was cleared we headed there to armour up and be even more awesome. Unluckily for Bullant he left his undersuit of awesomeness at home. Luckily for him J'Girl came to the rescue and headed home to get Madines extra undersuit.

While we all armoured up Bullant helped people get ready and pace nervously. Before too long it was time to armour up and we headed out into the main area which was filled with Internet Security companies trying to sell their wares. Immediately we all went on the offensive. Internet Security you say? Well this was time to get some brownie points with Vader and the Emperor!!!

All of the firms were asked the important question....How is your security system against Bothan spies? Unfortunately the answer was a resounding "As good as our security systems are, we are still trying to figure out ways to stop those pesky Bothans." This was not the answer we were looking for. Vader and the Emperor were not going to get the Xmas present they really needed this year. Looks like it is socks again for them.

Lucky for us though J'Girl and Westiee spied a chocolate fountian. Deliciousness was overflowing but alas not for us in the Imperial Army. Actually the food was amazing....but not for us. This year the Imperial refreshments we not of the standard last year were. Sigh!! But the organisor assures me that this will not happen again if we are back next year. Whew!!

So we mingled with the guests and had a whole lot of fun. Oigen found a prize cube, that when you stood in it, blew gift vouchers around and you had to grab them. Funny to watch. I believe there is a holovid floating around somewhere.

Also there was an arcade game version of Street Fighter!!!! The challenge was on between the greatest Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy, Mr Boba "not even a Sarlacc can keep me down" Fett and the very stylishly dressed in black Shadow "no I'm not Vader, I'm his brother Jeff" Trooper.

And the winner was!!!! Apok!!!!! 2 to 1. I beat the Fett! I beat the Fett! A glorious day for all....except Fett. Good times. Peace

So the night ended and we were still hoping to get the leftovers from the dinner...no such luck. They even tipped all the chocolate fountain into the bin NOOOOOooooo!!!!!!!!! Sad

But all in it all it was a great night and a lot of fun. Officially it was Deimos and Westiees last troop in QLD for a bit. Sad times.

Charity Funds Raised: $1000 for the night confirmation that Starlight has got it will be coming soon.

Injuries: Bullants pride. Cheeky

Malfunctions: None that I saw....other than Bullant forgetting his undersuit.

Public Incidents: Fett getting beaten at killing people.

Mission Status: Total success. With any luck we will be invited back next year. All the people that saw us last year were stoked that we were back and hoped we were going to be there next year.

Photos: I'm sure people that have them will add them. Especially the vid of Oigen in the box.
So game on Mr APOK, three mentions of the missing undersuit, eh? I sense an undone crotch strap with your name on it in the not too distant future Cheeky
Great night thanks everyone.

And mr shadow....watch your back, I do not take defeat well
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Nice work troopers. Shame about the tucker
Could help myself Mr Bullant. Your face was priceless. You know I love ya haha.

@Muppet - Yeah a shame but not a biggie. Although the chocolate fountain binage was a waste!!!
This was a fun troop. Thanks for going POC again Apok.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
Sounds like you had fun Smile
nice work troops!
It was a great night! I think it's great you can earn $1000 for charity in 2 hrs! Makes you feel like you're making a significant contribution! I am looking forward to when I can join a troop in costume! Smile Thanks guys..
Well done troopers! Looked like a great night with a good result.
Great job guys!

Wish I could've been there.

Hope to make it next year, if they invite us back. Doppeldaumen1
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
i had a blast as always. such a great crowd also
I SURVIVED THE HOTDOG CHALLENGE: TIME TO BEAT 13 MINUTES 19 SECONDS[Image: tumblr_l2ck3iffPx1qc073co1_400.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Australian International Movie Convention Gala Dinner gmrhodes13 6 4,701 Saturday 26-Oct-2019, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Drone
Troop Report Troop Report - AUSCERT Gala Dinner APOK 23 42,367 Wednesday 30-May-2012, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Sithprincess