May Wonder Factory visit
Date: 25/05/2013

Venue: Royal Children's Hospital ( Wonder Factory )

Time: 0930 - 1200

Mission: To bring smiles to kids who are stuck in Hospital on a weekend

Trooper Attendance:
Mortogg - Clone
Little Senorita - Sandtrooper
Redpaint - Scouttrooper
Azrael - Jawa
Elektra - Jawa
Stormraven - Officer

Guest Trooper Attendance:
SithPrincess - Ewok village Princess Leia and Ewok ( 30th anniversary edition )

Support Crew:
Spooky - Wrangler

Detail:
Answering the call to help make the kids stuck in hospital day a bit better we arrived to take over the Wonder Factory Bunker ( aka the library ) to use as our temporary base and storage area. We were surprised to find the presence of a rebel princess with a vicious Ewok bodyguard but since she agree to keep the Ewok on a short lease we agreed not to stun her. After armoring up and we headed off into the hospital lead by one of the Wonder Factory guides.

At the wards we managed provide some much needed distraction and joy to many of the children and quite a few nurses as well. As usual we had to keep a close eye on the Jawas to ensure that they didn't leave with more toys than they arrived with. And in one or two cases the size of the Jawas seemed to cause much fear in some of the patients, which was very quickly controlled be a hasty retreat. As usual we managed to surprise many locals and staff with our presence and provided them with plenty of photo opportunities to remember the day with.

Injuries:
Unfortunately for Little Senorita the visit bought on a fainting episode but with the help of SithPrincess and a few others she didn't fall to the ground. And if you are going to have an episode like this its best to do it in a Hospital were there are nurses and emergency staff are barely minutes away. The Jawas did seem to take great pleasure in helping remove her armor and taking it back to the bunker, until they were told they couldn't keep it that is.

A special thanks goes to Spooky for staying with Little Senorita while we finished the troop and until her mother arrived.

Malfunctions:
none

Mission Status:
A few kids were a bit scared, but many smiles raised and we swamped by a few nursing staff who wanted some photos for their kids".

Photos:
To come I think we missed getting one of the Jawas carrying the armor though.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Nice report Stormraven,

and I hope Little Senorita is feeling a lot better.

And hats off to spooky for giving new meaning to looking after the troops when wrangling.

I know Sithprincess got a couple of group shots on her phone.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Good report Stormraven. But.... anyone would think we Jawas
are a bit of a handful Lol Jawa Jawa Jawa Jawa Jawa
BN12  GCSN13 :DW13:
Good on you guys, sounds like an eventful but successful troop.
And jawas 'recycle' they don't steal!
I thought Jawas repurpose...???
I've never seen them on a Bike... for a second time... Wink

...Re-cycle... Cheeky

Unless of course, they are taking the bike for repurposing... Purposes...

I think that I saw that... Once... Smile

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Here's the gang, before the troop. Doppeldaumen1

[Image: 0423.jpg]
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Rockin it!!
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report November Wonder Factory Visit. Oevil1 7 12,736 Wednesday 27-Nov-2013, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report August Wonder Factory Visit Bullant 12 20,863 Saturday 24-Aug-2013, 08:14 PM
Last Post: stormraven
Troop Report July Wonder Factory Visit - Saturday 27/07/13 Bullant 14 22,448 Monday 29-Jul-2013, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Sabine