TRU Mt Gravatt
Now Trill, Trim Pad and trim some more, cause if you wear the armour for 6 hours a day, two days in a row, you will bleed for the empire! (And we are not that keen).

Time to make it comfortable for Supernova..Smile
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
hopfots armour is NOT AP.....its MM

And b4 any of you jump down my neck,,,I wear AP armour and it fits like a glove..and Im bigger

but ya get what you pay for
cute x 2 + 1 "standee"
[Image: DSC00155.jpg]
Hmm....Might try swapping shoulder bells with hopfot. Mine are really wide from my FX armor so it might work. You up for a trial swap hopfot? Could try it out at Supanova.
Good one Doug. Only noticed you outside the window when I reviewed the piccies.
TK-TEX
FOR THE EMPIRE !

"You don't know what the world looks like until you put a helmet on"
Rick Stafford....Heart of an Empire
(Sunday 4-Apr-2010, 12:24 PM)TheWolf Wrote:  Well done everyone!

Tai looks cool as a small Jedi. His saber looks a little large. tell you what though, I'll start work today on a custom scaled saber just for him..Smile

OK, All done.. It's his if he wants it..Smile

[Image: DSC01414.jpg]

Wow Dave, that looks cool,Tai spotted this pic and said the same thing.That looks cool Dad!
[quote='TD-1535' pid='6844' dateline='1270370948']

cute x 2 + 1 "standee"
[Image: DSC00155.jpg]
I like this pic, it turned out very cool.
did eh,,,i look like a cardboard cutout inside the store
Thanks Dave. Love your work.

Tai did a brilliant job at this troop. I asked Crypto where he got his 'Jedi Peace pose' from. Answer - He made that up himself.

What a total chick magnet!!!!!
TK-TEX
FOR THE EMPIRE !

"You don't know what the world looks like until you put a helmet on"
Rick Stafford....Heart of an Empire
Thanks Scotty *lol* They didnt actually Hurt as such.. only when they happened, and maybe I was wiping a bit of dried blood off my shin guard but I was proud *lol*

*LOL* Doug, you sneaking outside the window for photos, classic XD

Wolf, its okay mate! I know Exactly what modifications I need to make :D there were only 3 issues-
-my shin guards kept twisting because Id only temporarilly stuck down the velcro to hold them (will be fixed with my new TKBoots and an elastic strap).
-my thighs occasionally cut into the backs of my knees when I need to step over something high (aka over 5cms), this is because when I glued in the suspending pieces, I put them with about 1/2-1 inch too much give. Im going to trim them down a bit more, perhaps about an inch and hoist them up that extra inch further simply by moving the snap button on the attach point.
-my chest plate kept riding up.. two issues there, one is that it cuts into my neck.. and occasionally the shoulder strap rides up (curiously doesnt interfere with my helmet). Thing is, if I just pull it all down by giving more space between the chest and back (shoulder strap), it covers my buttons completely. I'm going to need to dig a bit out of the neck area to give me a bit more room to breathe and find a way to hold my chest plate down to my ab area without doing anything too complex. Right now, Im thinking a simple bit of elastic and velcro strapping.

Ahhh the things you learn from trooping!!

like how much fun it is to play statues XD

I particularly had fun with playing statues... went and stood against an advertising board and held as still as I could.. two girls came along all scared of Hop and Doug, but one of them insisted the other get a photo. They were debating it until Cutter and Hop pointed at me saying "If you want a photo, we've got a manikin set up especially for photos just there".

I waited until the poor girl was right next to me and her friend was just about to take the photo, then swung around, pointed my gun and put my hand on her shoulder *LOL* Poor thing leapt about a mile.. I think Cutter managed to snap the moment I first moved XD
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
ps- J is just uploading some of his photos from the day. There are a couple of definite favourites in there!
you need to remove the areas that are digging in or pad them if you cant remove them, also you cant really take one side out of your chest without doing it to all sides otherwise itll look wrong,,,wouldnt worry to much about buttons as your battling a height restriction to begin with.

your TK looks totally ok the way it is,,,now all you have to do is concentrate on making it comfortable enuff to wear for long periods of time

to avoid cutting into the backs of your knees, cut and i mean cut, not sand a wee lil bit off, cut about a CM to begin with out of the bottom rear of your thigh, try it on, bend your leg as far as it will go, if its dtill diggin, take it off and remove what you need and repeat until you can fully bend your knee so there is no digging, dont worry about what you think people will think of it, coz they dont even notice
*lol* aww thanks Doug Smile

Ooh good thinking.. didnt even occur to me to try it that way.. I just assumed they were sitting too low on my leg. I guess theres more than one way to skin a cat.

I have to add though, I think that by far, Tai was the absolute star of the day :D you must be very Very proud of him Crypto!
(Sunday 4-Apr-2010, 05:47 PM)TheWolf Wrote:  
(Sunday 4-Apr-2010, 04:33 PM)Goose Wrote:  It seems that their upper armour is totally seperating, doesn't seem to be held together?

The problems isn't the webbing, it's that his shoulders don't fit into AP bells.
We are in the process of re-shaping the bells to accommodate the bigger shoulders.
Till we do that it won't ever sit right.

(Sunday 4-Apr-2010, 06:49 PM)TD-1535 Wrote:  hopfots armour is NOT AP.....its MM

And b4 any of you jump down my neck,,,I wear AP armour and it fits like a glove..and Im bigger

but ya get what you pay for

(Sunday 4-Apr-2010, 08:14 PM)TK-TEX Wrote:  Hmm....Might try swapping shoulder bells with hopfot. Mine are really wide from my FX armor so it might work. You up for a trial swap hopfot? Could try it out at Supanova.
Good one Doug. Only noticed you outside the window when I reviewed the piccies.

Yes as you could all guess, the broad shouldered trooper is me as always. I have a solution I'm going to try before supanova but it doesn't work out then I'll be willing to try a Bell swap, I tried on the new AM bells that Draco got and they looked great on my shoulders. So FX bells would be an idea to try out.Doppeldaumen1

The final kinks of my webbing are being fixed, and before anyone comments the visible webbing in some photos, that was because I didn't cross my webbing over at the back for the first hour and it kept slipping down my shoulder. The second hour it was crossed and no slipping occured.

Congrates to Tirilia and Cutter on her first troops and his excelent wrangling.
Pics are up!

Pick of the bunch below:

[Image: 111.jpg]

Dude's face on the left is classic.

[Image: 117.jpg]

Tiri's first "Mannequin" scare

Well done all!
(Monday 5-Apr-2010, 11:21 AM)Cutter Wrote:  [Image: 117.jpg]

Tiri's first "Mannequin" scare

Well done all!

Looks like tril has stuned her Hehehe
(Monday 5-Apr-2010, 11:12 AM)Tirilia Wrote:  *lol* aww thanks Doug Smile

I have to add though, I think that by far, Tai was the absolute star of the day :D you must be very Very proud of him Crypto!

Now you know why we dont invite the kiddies along, because they always steal the limelightRolleyes
Jedi Tai - awesome!
Tiri - looking terrific !!

All TRU events a success.
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KidsFlix (Mt Gravatt) Nilrem 9 12,472 Thursday 25-May-2017, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Dark Dora