Connections BBQ Saturday June 15
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday 15th June 2013

Venue: Ken Fletcher Park, Tennyson, Brisbane

Time: 11.30 – 1.00pm

Mission: Connections BBQ - To bring some Star Wars cheer to deaf and hearing impaired children and their families and add some 'character' to the event

Trooper Attendance:
Muppet – Vader with mini wrangler Nate
Rubber – Wrangle and photographer
Duck – Tusken Female with baby Sandy
Chopper – Tie Pilot Reserve / wrangle
Blueski - Sand Trooper
Bullant - Stormtrooper
Stormraven – Tie Pilot
Buzzard – Stormtrooper
Lei – Imperial Officer / Wrangle / Photos
Doc – Scout Trooper
Benji – Fox Clone
Rebelrach – Rebel Fleet Trooper / POC
Spooky – Jawa
Darth Talon – Wrangling / photos
Sophie – Galactic Academy Princess Leia

Detail: Rumour had it that a group of well deserving hearing impaired and deaf children and their families were holding a family BBQ day and were in need of some Galactic entertainment. Troopers willingly descended upon the local park in Tennyson on a beautiful sunny day. Relaxed and full of morning tea the troopers kitted up and marched into the amphitheatre to the squeals and amazement of kids and parents alike.

Lots of photos, light sabre duels, blaster shoot outs, hugs, questions, chatting and mis-identification of celebrities (honestly one lady was a dead ringer for Judith Lucy) ensued. Such excited, well behaved and polite kids and appreciative parents, the troopers went all out to impress and the wranglers did a wonderful job.

Vader bid the party farewell with a flourish of his black cape and wave to the kiddies in the jumping castle and, like so many of the hard working troopers headed off to the Brisbricks Expo. Remaining troopers kept energy levels high with the discovery of a hoola hoop collection, and Darth Talon provided some musical entertainment with some Star Wars themed tunes on her ipod, plugged into the PA system. Cue dancing troopers.

A BBQ, cake and juice boxes fed the hungry troopers and many thanks and the presentation of a certificate were given by the organisers. Such a rewarding troop with genuinely appreciative parents and organisers, we’ll be back next time!

Charity Funds Raised: Nil.

Injuries: Nil!

Public Incidents: Blueski photo bombed a few students and their school mascot and nearly missed the troop photo...Some embarrassment at the troopers not being very good with hoola hoops being shown up by Lei, who was awesome!

Mission Status:Big success, parents and Belinda the organiser were thrilled and grateful and we’ll definitely be invited back next year. The prop box, Jedi robes, blasters, masks and sabres were a HUGE hit, the kids played with them the whole time. Awareness for 501st and especially Galactic Academy raised (we should have a few more cadets out of this!)

Photos:

Everybody say "Cheeeese"!
[Image: KEEPER_zps9283d944.jpg]

The kids were just wonderful!
[Image: IMG_0703_zpse2759ac8.jpg]

Clone Love!
[Image: IMG_0730_zpsf5dd6c79.jpg]

Officer Hoola Hoopin'!
[Image: IMG_0734_zpsa693e4f3.jpg]

Certificate of Appreciation (sorry its blurry)
[Image: Ceertificate_zps0dfb4175.jpg]
AWESOME!!! Smile
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Was a great day,
The weather turned out to be perfect.
Bring on next year
Another great troop, I would also like to point out that because of a tennis completion we couldn't use the tennis change rooms ( as planned ) so their organiser provided us with a marquee to get changed in Doppeldaumen1 . I also got to surprise 2 of my nieces who had come along and they now want to play "dress ups" with me Hehehe . I'll be back for the next one and will look at learning some sign language to talk to the kids better.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Great troop - the kids were fantastic!!!!
Good call on Judith Lucy as well Rach Cheeky
DW2011CVICVII
Fantastic troop, looking forward to doing it again next time
Fantastic troop, thoroughly enjoyed myself Rach. Kudos!
Thanks Duck! Honestly the event ran itself. You troopers were so wonderful! Proud to be part of it all. Loved it!
Awesome job troopers!
DW2012  :GCSN12:
:DW13:  GCSN13

Hi5
I didn't make a single child cry. I count that as a success!
[Image: ytpTSHu.png]

Science! Because figuring things out is better than making stuff up.

great job all
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Buzzard you are slipping! I don't recall Vader scaring any either!!!
Hey guys!

It was a great day and it was good to get out and troop with you guys again. I know I haven't done it in a while (I'm sorry!) but I promise I still love you!

-Darth Talon out
Hey team, good to see you guys had a great troop. Sorry I couldn't make it, was pretty shattered after working last week Sad Funny story to share with you, one of my work colleagues mentioned to me yesterday that they were at the park having a picnic lunch, their son saw you guys and had to check you all out. He was hiding behind the jumping castle when Darth Vader walked right behind him. My colleague said their son's reaction was the best reaction they'd seen in a while :P Needless to say, they were raving about the costumes.
[Image: sterb104.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report LEGO Brick Connections 12-13 March 2016 Beanie 6 9,114 Wednesday 16-Mar-2016, 09:12 AM
Last Post: APOK
  Cat Connections Headquarters DarkFather 10 13,398 Tuesday 15-Dec-2015, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach