Archer Park Family Fun Day- Rockhampton
Troop Report 
Date: 3/06/2013

Venue: Archer Park Rail Museum Rockhampton

Time: 10.00

Mission: Raise money for Give Me 5 For Kids Hi5 while bringing Star Warsy joy to the fans, all in a heritage listed and working rail museum

Trooper Attendance: Baytrooper, Angelman, Sith Princess, Joker , Stormybrite

Guest Trooper Attendance: Keld (RL Tusken), Asille (Jedi), AndyRulz (TK)

Support Crew: Lucky Phil, Beep13, Picasso, Tianna, Tanaer,

Charity Funds Raised: $106.70

Injuries: Nil

Public Incidents: Nil

Malfunctions: Nil

Mission Status: Doppeldaumen1 Success Doppeldaumen1

Mission Details:

A long time ago (114 years) in the Rockhampton system, the Archer Park Railway Station opened, since being decommissioned, it is now a working rail museum, and it is from this heritage listed station that a call from help went out to the 501st, to bring something a little special to their family fun day…

Troopers were immediately dispatched to the system, where they established a strong Imperial presence on the platform…Wait how did that tusken get in there? Damn Rebels!

[Image: P1060078_zps269be165.jpg]

Sandy and Fett took time out to discuss recent developments on the Mos Eisely Bantha racing scene..

[Image: P1060081_zps906a68aa.jpg]

After seeing so many troopers in the Rockhampton system (and with a little mood music AKA the Cantina theme on the station speakers) everyone felt like dancing…

[Image: P1070943_zps44c1b657.jpg]

Cody decided to seize the chance to slow dance with the visiting Jedi, much to the delight of the crowd..

[Image: P1060107_zps2ab3f065.jpg]

Nihilus though, was not going to have any Jedi invading the system, and an epic sabre battle ensued…

[Image: P1060089_zps4a16655f.jpg]

After sorting out some motivator issues at the motor pool and obtaining her transport craft, Juno Eclipse hit the platform…

[Image: P1060096_zps442d7393.jpg]

Seizing the chance while he was focused on the holocam, that pesky Tusken caught the Sandy unawares, and gave him a swift Gaffi to the ab plate

[Image: P1070989_zpsafddbb35.jpg]

After failing to find any locals carrying bounties, Boba Fett inspected the antique land shuttle display outside, he doesn't say much, but was overheard complaining that there was no way Solo would fit in that cargo hold...

[Image: P1060114_zpsaea00250.jpg]

After watching the fun all the citizens were having on the steam powered tram car, we decided we should line up too, so we waited at the station…

[Image: P1060198_zpsab19245f.jpg]

The guests on this tram thought it was a great experience to take a ride with the troopers, there were plenty of Star Wars wise cracks over the trooper coms, but Baytrooper’s “Woo woo” followed by two static bursts after the tram whistle totally stole the show. With the looks from the locals outside the station at the road crossings, this one will be talked about for a long time to come…

[Image: P1060194_zps4a019031.jpg]

Once all the patrons had left, we took the chance to get a photo in front of the entrance…Mission complete

[Image: P1060206_zps8b49d682.jpg]

This was a really fun troop, it was great to have some visiting troopers join us, including a really short (like 30 mins) visit from cadet Wrigzach as they drove through town heading north, and the feedback from the public was really great. We were also approached by the organisers for another large community run heritage facility here in town who are keen to have us join them for an event in the future, so we definitely made a big impression.

Our hosts were really great, giving us the run of the manager’s office for a change room, and checking on us constantly to make sure that were ok and had everything we needed, and we’ve already been invited back whenever we can spare troopers to attend.

I just want to add another big thanks to all the visiting troopers who made extra effort to bring their armour to this one, you guys rock!
Great work!! Smile
Was very fun dropping in, wish I could have stayed longer. But you were a big attraction (wish you guys were there last time I was at the rail museum :P ). Cant wait to see you again :D
First in and last out of every battle, the air is our domain.
We will fly, fight and win!!!
Was a fun day (: Was good to meet a few new people! Can't wait to troop with you when you're approved Zach!

~Andy.
~Pants.
I have to admit I was really worried about this troop being a bit of a fizzer with not many citizens turning up. I'm so happy the citizens of Rockhampton proved me wrong, apparently more than 600 came in Hurra
Big thanks to our visiting troopers Notworthy
Michael (Angelman TK6729)
DW2012 :DW13: :DW14:
:GCSN12: GCSN13  GCSN14
I'm THAT guy from the video, 501st Documentary (Link)
Thanks for having us, guys. We had a great time. You guys rock! Peace
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Td As I said on Facebook, an Awesome group of people to spend time with, both in and out of kits. I had a lot of fun with you all at the Troop and also at the various places we ate/drank at. Twas great to meet more awesome Redbacks. Thank you to my chauffeur for the weekend, stormybrite Doppeldaumen1 Thank you JOker for my shiny present Notworthy Thank you Angelman and LadyTarkin for having me over for Tucka on Sunday night Doppeldaumen1 Thank you all Rocky members, for making me feel so welcome. It wont be the last time I make the trip to Troop with you all Notworthy Td
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Well done all (you did have a busy weekend).

Glad you guys managed to get there - 600 through the gates is a good turnout but even on the quiet days it is still a fun relaxed day.

Seems like the crew at Archer park looked after you as they always do. I had attended Archer park for about 7 years with the Medieval crew and they have always looked after us.

Cheers
Neil
The 501st - Bad guys doing good.
One of the highlights of the day was seeing how much JOker was in love with his own Fett Shadow. Hehehe Jig

You rocked it! Peace
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Arundel Park Disabled Riding School Family Fun Open Day APOK 0 1,440 Thursday 3-Oct-2019, 11:00 AM
Last Post: APOK
Troop Report Rockhampton Rail Museum Family Fun Day Angelman 6 15,892 Tuesday 29-Oct-2013, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report Archer Park Family Day- Rockhampton JOker 5 11,108 Sunday 1-Sep-2013, 10:57 PM
Last Post: BIDS