hi from brisbane
(Wednesday 23-Oct-2013, 02:07 PM)droll30 Wrote:  thanks katarn
those boots are now mid calf high just have to fix the tops with rubber and
ive been busy blasting the rebels( not literally) and have developed a dislikeing for them. rebel scum. i was in a club growing up and wrangling to them was sitting and manning a desk / display where noone took any notice of wranglers and just focused on the armoured / costumed characters
droll30

Which club?
i dont recall it was when i was alot younger and i dont even think they exist anymore
Hey there Droll30,

Stormybrite is completely right. I wrangled this year at DreamWorld and it was no cake walk. Without wranglers, troops are just not possible. Being a wrangler means your there to help troopers in and out of there costumes, help them handle the public who want photos, making sure they know where they are going and help them avoid running into obstacles, and thats just the tip of the ice berge. There's a million things to do when your a wrangler!
ok thanks for the advice on wrangling and im thinking about giving it a try . but im looking to be one of the armoured star wars characters hopefully by the end of the year or by the start of 2014
droll30
Even the people with armour abd costumes wrangle from time to time. We all do our part where we can.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Take it from a wrangler, go on a few troops as a wrangler. Before you troop you have to get a feel for what it's like it be in the prep area, how the public reacts to troopers, how physically demanding it is, and all the other aspects of trooping. By all means keep working on your kit, but get to know what trooping entails first, as I said it's no cake walk.
(Wednesday 23-Oct-2013, 03:14 PM)droll30 Wrote:  ok thanks for the advice on wrangling and im thinking about giving it a try . but im looking to be one of the armoured star wars characters hopefully by the end of the year or by the start of 2014
droll30

Don't think about it - wrangle a few events. How do you expect to troop on your first event when you have no clue what we do. And don't make assumptions that it is like other clubs (like the one you mentioned as a kid) you may have been apart of.

Time to take the advice dude.
DW2011CVICVII
a Wise man once said " you gotta learn to Crawl before you can Walk "
=] Wrangling is Great man, no event can work with out them. People wearing buckets can't get up stairs with out there, lord vader can't force choke if he doesn't know where they are to do it :P
i know some people might take offence at it if you don't wrangle a bit, and only just troop in costume.

Listen to Doc, stormybrite and the rest.
before i even purchase any of my costume i've promised myself i have to wrangle 5 times before i start.
" And you look like an overgrown Kowakian monkey-lizard, so I guess looks don't count for much "
I wrangled while I was building my TK.

I still wrangle now. If nobody wrangles then we can't troop.

We had our CO, XO and LMO wrangling at the moonlight walk ...
the Nundah event (which is missing it's troop report XD) there was no wranglers, i stood in and helped out both groups on the day.
i think u were there that day...
" And you look like an overgrown Kowakian monkey-lizard, so I guess looks don't count for much "
I was at the nundah event and walked with
A couple of troopers for a bit before I had to play with a band
On the mainstage
(Wednesday 23-Oct-2013, 02:07 PM)droll30 Wrote:  thanks katarn
those boots are now mid calf high just have to fix the tops with rubber and
ive been busy blasting the rebels( not literally) and have developed a dislikeing for them. rebel scum. i was in a club growing up and wrangling to them was sitting and manning a desk / display where noone took any notice of wranglers and just focused on the armoured / costumed characters
droll30

Oh No You Didn't just go there, where did that come from? Aaaah
*lol* Easy there Duck, he hasnt met our scum in all their amazing glory :D

Droll, if you havent been earbashed enough then heres an extra thought for you..
We are a Legion, we're not one, we're many, and we all troop for different reasons. Some of us may occasionally disagree, others may only troop once a year, and some of us have forged friendships that will last a life time. No matter who disagrees or who are barely known or who are best buds, within the Redbacks you can guarentee that your wrangler will never let you trip, will always stand between you and a group of teenagers causing trouble, and will always run all the way back to the change rooms to fetch you a bottle of water. In short, we take care of eachother. It might seem like we are being hard on you, but this thread would not have reached 11 pages if we did not care enough to want to see you succeed. A new member is a new friend, a new part of the Legion. Their potential is always exciting to watch.

We're all here for different reasons. Some for the social factor, some are purely dedicated to hospital troops, others prefer the competitive edge in filling their collection tin first, some for the costumes, others for the challenge of trooping all day, some for the smiles and others are just diehard fanatics. Most are a combination of the above, but we all have different passions and reasons for trooping. These are what makes the frustration and the armorbites and the superglue injuries and the stanley knife scrapes all worth while.

I guess what Im getting at, Droll, is to try and share with you an understanding of who we really are and why we do what we do.. its not just about the costume you wear or how long it took to make, its about the experience. Building your armor and wrangling really are the best ways for us to learn about you and your passions, just as it is an opportunity for you to get to know us and what being in armor really means.

I hope this all makes sense Smile
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
(Wednesday 23-Oct-2013, 03:14 PM)droll30 Wrote:  ok thanks for the advice on wrangling and im thinking about giving it a try . but im looking to be one of the armoured star wars characters hopefully by the end of the year or by the start of 2014
droll30

Do or do not, there is no try.
Mate if you are expecting to come in and not wrangle at all you will sorely find out that people will be less inclined to help you if you do not help others. We all do our part.
Everyone here is wanting to be "one of the armoured star wars characters" but we all wrangle. Wait until you go to one of the big events. There are more wranglers than troops, because we all have to have each other's backs.
:GCSN12::SN2011v2:DW2012
GCSN13BN12:DW13:
So if you are not the centre of attention you don't want to be in this club? You might not have the right attitude mate.

Wranglers are such an important part of this club. In fact a lot of troops can't happen without them. In fact the best way to learn how we do things is to wrangle first. This way you see what we are about and see if we fit what you are looking for as a group.

Also START READING WHAT PEOPLE ARE POSTING! Fair dinkum pal you just don't seem to want to listen.