hi Northside Newbie here...
Hi guys my name is Grant alias Kaladan. I'm in the process of putting together a Imperial officers uniform and would like to know where I can get boots, gloves, a mauser (looking at the resin kit made by DoopeyDoos) and officer belt boxes.
If some one can help me out that would be great thanks Smile
welcome Kaladan, I went with an imperial officer as my first build and they are a great initial costume, for the definitive officer build have a look at this thread here http://www.501st.com.au/forum/thread-3988.html But in a nutshell got to cosplaysky and order their version 2 officers uniform, but order the hat from SideshowMel, and look for Dublins boots.

You do not need to have a finished costume to start getting involved with the Redabcks though, go to the events page and look for an event that you can come along to. Then contact the Point of Contact ( POC ) and let them know you will be attending. Not only does this give you the opportunity to meet a few of the garrison you are likely to get the chance to seem some armor close up and see how its all goes together. In the meantime though the best advice I can say is to ask questions. It is better to ask too many "silly" questions than not enough.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Also blasters though obviously a good prop to have are not required for approval so no need to rush in to something there

Belt boxes you can use the metal project boxes from jaycar

but as Stormie said... come to a troop and help out is a cool way to start as well
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome!
An Officer is a fine costume to start out with. Not too hard, not too dear, and capable of trooping and wrangling at the same time.
And it has pockets!
Some off the shelf officers uniforms are fine, provided they are fitted correctly. (Cosplysky do a version for the 501st).
The belt can be bought locally from a member if you wish, and the boots can be sourced from most saddlery stores.
A good hat can be bought locally as stated, and I believe the guy doing the belts, can also do the hat and belt greeblie, (The discs).
The code cylinders are a little harder to get and do. You can mod chalk holders, get a cast version, or if you're lucky, and in the right place at the right time, occasionally the originals come up for sale.
The rank badge can be sourced locally too.

On a side note about the Mauser - The broomhandle mauser was changed to a DL-44, which had a couple of versions, as well as the Mer Sonn POwer 5, which is what the officers carry.
If you want to do your approval with a sidearm, it will need to be the Power 5, not a DL-44, which is the kits that Doopys sell, so you'll need to mod it a little.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Welcome Smile
Welcome to the forums Smile
Good luck with your Officer's Uniform! Welcome!
"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" - Leia

CTK-0630
Hi Kaladan, welcome to the forum, nice to see another northsider joining here.
Lots of helpful hints and advise from us but it would best to meet up at a troop or AP (armour party) to see what its all about. In the meantime you can also take some photo's of your costume and show it off here so members who are officers can let you know if you are on the right track.
Interesting name, is that taken from the Kaladan River east of India?

Good luck
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Hi Guys thanks for the welcome and advice. I have taken some photos of what I have put together so far. I need to add gold paint to the clasps on my code cylinders. My belt doesn't have the indent in centre and I have already ordered a replacement disc. My pants are not correct at the bottom but as they are tucked into the boots does it matter? If it does i will get them altered. I think everything else I have is correct but would welcome any feedback. im heading off to horseland this arvo to get the boots I hope. Kaladan is the name i use to play World of Warcraft so I thought i should keep with that alias Smile

I have never used flickr before but I think this is the link you need to see what I have so far http://www.flickr.com/photos/100725100@N05/
Hi Kaladan, and welcome to the Redbacks. Good to see more Northsiders joining too Smile Where abouts did you get the uniform from? The pant bottoms don't matter as long as it all fits you correctly. The belt buckle itself might also be an issue. It looks to me that it's a Chinese Ebay special, and wont be approvable. The corners are too rounded. Our own Muppet does sell the correct belt and buckles.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Buckle is the main thing that jumps out to me but quick talk to Muppet should have you sorted.

not sure about about the Code Cylinders either... but I haven't done or looked closely at chalk holder mods so not confident to comment too much on that one.
DW2013 to DW2018
Ok guys the belt buckle was an ebay item and the first item i bought before looking at the 501 website so I need to contact muppet so how do i do that? The code cylinders where the only ones i could find on ebay but if I can find better Im happy to upgrade. The costume came from a company like the one you guys recommend and it was made to fit me cos Im fat. I also started a 4th Doctor costume with them also.
There might be a problem with the jacket, specifically the closure at the neck. From the CRL:

Quote:The standing collar has square corners and is about 1.25" (31.8 mm) tall and closes snugly and includes a modesty panel behind closure. Collar edges are closed with two eye hooks.

Also with the code cylinders, there seems to be a bit too much blue showing at the top and there is supposed to be a sawtooth pattern around the top of the cylinder.

http://astromechbuilder.com/mechloader/v...d.JPG.html

Also you mentioned gold paint, be aware that the clasps are actually brass, not gold.
Much of that stuff looks pretty good other than the stuff mentioned and the fit. You might want to sew stirrups on to the bottom of the jodphurs so they dont creep up too.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Kaladan when you compose PM's in your Private Message area just start to type up Muppet and in the Recipients area and it should come up automatically - I think?
The "F" word is bad around here just say that your overwhelmed Smile I'm sure you will get on well with Beanie and Zerebin as they are "Dr ?" fans.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from the latest northside newb! Imperial Drone 17 19,417 Sunday 14-Feb-2016, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Phantom