Milky Way Cafe Opening Troop Report
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday 1st September 2013

Venue: Milky Way Coffee Shop, Warrgeo Highway, Gatton,Qld

Time:5pm til 7ish

Mission: To help officially open the Milky Way Coffee shop for business and add a little Redback magic to the event

Trooper Attendance:

Agent Smith TK
Bullant – TK
Becyd – Jawa (and borrowed baby)
Rebelrach – Imperial Officer

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
Doc – Wrangling
Alrakis – Wrangling
Mrs Bullant - Wrangling and updating footy scores
Shalord – Wrangling and opening his cafe
Galactic Acadamy:
Jackson – Little Vader
Jessie – Vestara Khai - Sith girl from "Fate of the Jedi" series
Rory – Mini Rebel Fleet Trooper
Lauren – Little Jawa

Details: Troopers assembled from throughout the Galaxy at dusk to the Milky Way Cafe to ensure official Imperial protocol was maintained during the opening of a refuelling station for Galactic travellers.

Upon arrival on the landing platform, TK Agent Smith surveyed the area for enemy spies (and decent coffee). A suspicious yellow shirted character was spotted and identified as a ‘harmless Trekkie’ who had veered way off course by several movies. (Honestly who comes to a Star Wars themed event dressed as a Trekkie! Too funny!) Becyd the resourceful jawa discovered some giant telescopes and attempted to move them along to her sandcrawler but was thwarted by the arrival of Lord Vaders shuttle. Accompanying the Sith Lord was Vestara Khai with one of the most vicious looking light sabers seen in the solar system. Further back up arrived with Imperial Officer Rebelrach, TK Bullant followed by younglings jawa Lauren and Rory the Rebel Fleet Trooper. A great team of wranglers in Doc, Alrakis and Mrs Bullant proved a competent support crew.

Locals grateful for Imperial protection posed for photos and troopers mingled through the guests that included some harmless looking Rebels and energetic, light saber weilding young Padawans. Local media interest interrogated the troopers and the current Galactic Council member joined the cafe owners Shalord (Bryan) and Lindy in officially opening the Milky Way refuelling station with a swift slice of the lightsaber through the red ribbon.

More photos, mingling with locals, youngling light saber battles and the viewing of Saturn, an imploding supanova star through giant telescopes followed. Troopers refuelled thanks to Shalord before boarding their individual space cruisers and jetting off to their home systems, satisfied they left behind contented Imperial citizens impressed by the might of the Empire.

Charity Funds Raised: TBC – monies to go to troopers raising money for The Weekend To End Women’s Cancers. Donation bucket is still on the counter!

Injuries / Malfunctions: Becyd was having trouble with her jawa eyes but nothing some on the spot repairs couldn’t fix.

Public Incidents: NIL unless you call showing up to Star Wars event dressed in a Star Trek costume a social disaster!

Mission Status: Imperial Success, and Star Wars goodness injected into the local Gatton Community. Great PR for the Redbacks with the Local Council member and Gatton Star journo attending. Lone Star Trek trooper was scoffed at and released, being advised Vader would not be so forgiving next time.

Photos:

[Image: IMG_1536_zps0ed5b0c6.jpg]

Jawa Juice anyone...but I cant’ see a thing in this helmet

[Image: IMG_0973_zpsbb7820cd.jpg]

Getting some tips from “A New Hope”

[Image: IMG_0971_zps2c802673.jpg]
A new way to ‘cut the ribbon’ Star Wars style...
[Image: IMG_1547_zps2437874d.jpg]

Oh no trouble.....

[Image: IMG_0982_zps1daa2130.jpg]
Really good event guys. Felt like a kid again enjoying astronomy!!!

I think you forgot the 'Bullant Pancakes' Cheeky
DW2011CVICVII
Looks like it was a good night out troopers. Congratulations all Doppeldaumen1
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Was a good night, although I think you confused me with Buzzard in the trooper list Wink
Great report and great night, will be making it a regular stop every time I have to go to Brisbane..
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
All that chocolate ice-cream threw her Hehehe correction made . . .

(Monday 2-Sep-2013, 07:40 AM)Bullant Wrote:  Was a good night, although I think you confused me with Buzzard in the trooper list Wink
DW2011CVICVII
Another enjoyable Troop, great report Rebelrach.
Also good to have it in conjunction with viewing through some rather enormous Telescopes. I'll see if I can get some copies of the Local "Holo net" news reports for you when I'm up there on Wednesday. Also, here's a photo of the Troops tucking into their "Combat Rations" - hope Bullant didn't suffer too much on the run the next day !
Other photos can be found here - http://s906.photobucket.com/user/tlloyd6...t=3&page=1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(Monday 2-Sep-2013, 10:34 AM)ALRAKIS Wrote:  hope Bullant didn't suffer too much on the run the next day !

Just remember folks, zero calories*
Thanks for correcting me Doc...sorry Bullant..you now I get my TKs mixed up...

Yes those Bullant pancakes are to die for...... heartily recommend supporting this new business on your way or down from the Range.

And the donation tin for the Weekend to End Women's Cancers is still on the counter and they had a raffle also.
well done all, great job
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Nice work Troopers, looked like a fun night & some very yummy food.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Well done troopers - looks like an enjoyable troop for all!
A nice article and photo in the Local Newspaper - I have a copy for you Rebelrach.
I expect Shalord will post it later but if he can't, I can do that later (not while I'm driving !)
Yes we love articles in the paper!!!! Would love a copy Tony thank you!
I havent seen it yet Banghead Ill get it posted up tomorrow when im at the shop.
Move along...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 389 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 661 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,563 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops