Bridge to Brisbane 1st September 2013
Troop Report 
1 hour 53 minutes 04 - 08 seconds

Date: 1st September 2013

Venue: Gatewy Bridge to RNA showgrounds

Time: 0430 - 0900

Mission: To complete the Bridge to Brisbane. A 10km walk in armour to prove what hard trooper you are.....or is that stupid?

Trooper Attendance:

Cobra - TKC
Apok - TD
Beanie - TS
Bullant - TK
Bigmac - TK
Phoenix - TKC

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:

Hopfot
Ironclaw

Injured Trooper Apologies:
Ashbash - Concussion
Moxxxie - Flu
Deltorn - Sleep Depravation
Cavalier - Knee

Try stay healthy next year guys so we can make the 10+ troopers. You were missed this year.

Details:

At 0415 The team starts to assemble. One after the other the troopers start arriving. Bullant was first on the scene...it was dark. We get word that Hoppy and Phoenix will meet us at the start line. We start to armour up on the side of the road. All are ready to go except Bigmac.....but he gets there.

Once we all were ready, we headed to the Imperial transportation shuttles...the buses. Many Imperial citizens are starting to line up. People started to recognise the awesomeness we are and the shocked cry of "Star Wars" rings throughout the terminal. So does a smell the makes the armpit of a Wookie start to seem appealing. Not only had the sanitation department decided to pump the sewage from the hospital but the buses were only arriving one or two at a time and mainly full. Needless to say Vader will be sent to sort them out for next year.

Finally we got a bus and were off like a rocket...no literally like a rocket. The bus driver was in no mood to go slow. Whilst standing on the bus we decided to entertain the other passengers with stand up comedy routines. We were hilarious. Well we thought so. Some photos were taken and many citizens were left thinking, "I didn't know the Imperial army were so funny." Ah good times.

Once we disembarked we headed to the start line. More people were amazed and more photos were taken. Once we hit the gas station we saw Hoppy and Phoenix and the team was complete. And then we saw our old mates Elmo, Cookie Monster and the Cookie!!!! Hugs and high fives were had all round. It was great to see them again. A few more photos and it was off to the start line.

This year however Apok had one thing in mind. To break the 2 hour mark!! This would mean no toilet break at the 7km mark. We all know who is to blame there....stoopid Apok!!! With Apok and Bullant both carrying foot injuries some doubt was there as to whether we could break this elusive milestone. And we are off.

A cracking pace was set and the team really set off well. At the one km mark we were going good but were swamped for photos as usual. To break the 2 hour barrier a new pace was set....running. This stopped quickly as Bullant pulled up a bit lame. Running was now no longer an option. Bullant however kept pace with his bung foot and smashed it. Apok is an idiot who as the saying goes "No brain, no pain."

The kilometres were eaten up and we still got a few photos along the way as well as our stopping at every km for a pic with the sign tradition. Always stick with tradition. Finally the 7km mark loomed in the distance and all eyes turned to Apok. Will he have to pee? Step by step we got closer. The line to the toilet was massive. This was going to be the end of the quest to break 2 hours, but NO!! Apok looks at the plebs at the toilets and laughs. Onwards and upwards!!! To the finish line.

There was amazement by all and we were going great. 2 hours was looking very doable. Wait! What is that in the distance.... cheerleaders. Oh for the love of god NO!!!! What was the team going to do? Get pictures of course. Many precious seconds were lost, but we got back on track and picked up the pace. Only 2kms to go!! We can do it. Over this last 2 kms troopers dropped back for photos and had to run to catch the team. Sure we needed to break 2 hours but not at the expense of the people.

Finally it was the last km. The team formed up into two rows of 3 and stepped out towards the finish line. As usual when we passed the band they were inspired to play Vaders Imperial March. The band did ask where Vader was but with his asthma a 10km walk just isn't a good idea until he learns to control his breathing a bit more.

Finally there it was. The finish line. Did we do enough? Did we break the 2 hour mark? Yes we did!!!!!! The team was ecstatic!! We had done it. Finally we had broken the 2 hour mark and done it in style. You know what that meant? To the Jubilee for bacon and egg rolls and a beer.....and some juice.

A big thank you to all the troopers that turned up for this event. Thanks for not killing Apok for yelling at you all to go faster.

A massive thank you to Hoppy and Ironclaw. Your wrangling and help on the day is what makes this team run so smoothly. Hoppy again you were a legend getting photos, making sure we had water and doing about 15km to our 10km to get that perfect picture. Ironclaw for only your second wrangle that was a great effort mate. You were very professional and did a great job keeping time so we knew where we were at to make this milestone of under 2 hours.

Next year we want to stay under 2 hours and have double figures for troopers.

This is one of the hardest troops to do folks but one of the most satisfying when you finish it. I hope to see more of you there next year.

Charity Funds Raised: About $300 for the entry fees

Injuries / Malfunctions:

Bullant the crazy man wore his TK boots and got a nice big blister for his efforts. His shoulder strap also has some issues.
Apok bruised his foot the day before and it blew up just as we finished.
Beanie I think had some good blisters as well.
The usual fun armour bites and scrapes we get from this kind of walk.

Public Incidents: None at all really. Although people may have thought a little weird when we went a little nuts when we saw Cookie monster and Elmo.

Mission Status: We broke 2 hours. Total success!!! Roll on next year.

Photos: Hoppy can you please add the photo bucket link.
Excellent work guys well done!
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
I'd like to point out that nobody mentioned the two hour challenge until we got to the start line! Probably a good thing seeing I had twisted my ankle the week before and my left foot was still swollen ...

Also, I raised $270 that you can add to the total for the fundraising Smile
(Monday 16-Sep-2013, 03:07 PM)APOK Wrote:  Photos: Hoppy can you please add the photo bucket link.

Sure thing Mr Apok Sir,
Here is a link to the photos and the Video is being compiled and will begin uploading shortly.

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...20Brisbane
Next year I'll wrap myself in bubble wrap a few weeks prior so I don't hurt myself again Wink

Well done troopers!

Oh and I had $70 in sponsorship
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
According to the "Youtubes", the video will be here when it's done uploading.
http://youtu.be/DWy226rWwTU
Nice work hoppy!
the eleventh hour..... NICE!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Hoppy great job mate. Once again you excel yourself.
(Wednesday 18-Sep-2013, 09:10 PM)APOK Wrote:  Hoppy great job mate. Once again you excel yourself.

Can't use Excel to make videos. :P

Cheers guys, I aim to please. Love the report Apok. A good read. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Bridge to Brisbane 2019 APOK 2 2,594 Thursday 3-Oct-2019, 02:15 PM
Last Post: APOK
Troop Report Bridge to Brisbane 2018 APOK 3 4,213 Thursday 18-Oct-2018, 09:14 PM
Last Post: pecklez
Troop Report Bridge to Brisbane 2017 APOK 3 5,853 Wednesday 13-Sep-2017, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Imperial Drone