Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
Crea8iv,
RebelRach,
Cobra,
Stormraven,
Payney (+ R2D2),
cavx + Cameron and Cody

Details:
Friday starts with beanie and muppet on shuttle transport to the scope sector to pickup the trash compactor the rare card prop. The hyperspace lanes were busy and after an hour we arrived and packed up the sets.

Now to return to the southern sector of the galaxy to the chandler system, we received a call from chopper and his kids saying they were ready on site for our arrival, we had a trailer and the cargo hold full, reversed into the loading docks we begun to unpack and commence the setup of the trash compactor, with a call out over the comms channel for addition help, Crypto joined us with his fett clan.

The setup took about 2 hours to work out layout and setup, but it was just like playing with lego... it only fits one way. setup was now complete.

[Image: th_1375316_10152295343518289_1121683441_n.jpg]

saturday morning arriving 8:30am it is now to unveil the secret weapon in raising money... the cut out lego sort and store head. So I put captain rex armour on and used the lego head as my helmet. It was instantly a hit with not only the kids but the mums and dads, they all wanted a photo, and they were also very generous with donations.

[Image: DSC00258.jpg]
[Image: DSC09981-Copy.jpg]

[Image: DSC00369.jpg]

also out on set was lord vader muppet, boba fett phantom, tusken draco, bikerscout sideshow mel. Helping us was crea8iv, rebelrach and both doing such great work coordinating the crowds, around 11am it really got busy. And just at this point, new fresh troopers arrived to take over and releive us. Jawa spooky, clonetrooper glitch and bikerscout deltorn took on the crowds, as the rest had a lunch break. the greatest wrangler Cobra helped do his thing, the crowds continued to get photos in the trash and card sets.

[Image: DSC00059-Copy.jpg]
Around 3pm it started to get quite, so I got in my snowtrooper with vader muppet, glitch and spooky.

[Image: DSC00023.jpg]

5pm and closing time on day 1 had 2 MS tins full and a 3rd half, I was told of the special rex morning event and started to call out for more troopers for the Autism kids visit starting at 9am sunday.

Sunday morning and it was time to really shin, Captain rex and lord vader with tie pilot rentsie and fett phantom on set for the autism only event started. [Image: DSC00213.jpg]

We had a special guest fly in, it was R2D2! wow was he a popular little droid.

[Image: DSC00225.jpg]

Crea8iv with payney and stormraven helped the kids put on a jedi or sith robe for pictures with R2 and the tins continued to get full as the queue outside grown longer, fett and pilot with crea8iv went outside to entertain.

[Image: DSC00249.jpg]

A quick break from the current troopers and at 10:30 the general crowd entered and we went on for more pictures, lego head this time went on to lord vader and now with royal guard redpaint, but that didnt last long as the crowds swelled and more pictures and donations given.

[Image: 6.jpg]

Lunch time and a swap of troopers had sandtrooper rubber, boosh kattak, gaurd redpaint and mando sniper. They also popular but R2 still had a bigger line... who does he think he is... a celebrity?

(picture R2D2)

wranglers crea8iv, stormraven and payney continuing to help out and doing a fantastic job more tins getting full, so I jumped into civi clothing and also helped out the R2 line which allowed them to have a break.

[Image: DSC00409.jpg]

And as expected the crowd numbers dropped, something to do with a sporting final between to earth animals. if you read this far i will give you an emperor fig i got spare here. I once again jumped into the snowie and also had the lego head on for a few pictures but it wasnt long as 5pm once again drew closer and the day ended.

Monday and a public holiday, Muppet, Tanna and kids, myself and Chopper, spooky bigmac and Bullant all at the ready to collect more money, crowds were great, long queues and many photos for both the trash and card props. afternoon the crowds thinned out and a few funny fotos taken of a pilot flying and hitting a few things along the way...

[Image: DSC00464.jpg]

we were all getting very tired after a long weekend, it started to get quite as it was an early end at 4pm for bump out.

with extra hands then friday night we took the sets apart and packed the trailer and that damn Dianoga snuck into the front seat of my ute for ride home.

(pic of Dianoga )

Charity Funds Raised: $2,448.50

Injuries / Malfunctions: some sore backs and a few armour bites but not sure if anything else.

Public Incidents: a couple of scared kids but nothing to report.

Mission Status: most diffidently a GREAT SUCCESS, however we need more trooper attendance next year!

Photos:
all three days of photos can be found in here
http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...ane%20Expo
Great report Beanie and fantastic effort mate, well done....excellent work everyone.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Great report and great location. Best location yet for a Lego show.

Not that it really matters, but my two kids were trooping Monday morning CRFT-0517 Rory and CDZ-0518 Lauren.
records updated mate, thank you.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
great pics, great report and great people who did a massive effort......you should be proud of yourselves for a huge effort guys

well done

scope
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

I'm so up for trooping this next year !
Great report Beanie, for a great troop. I enjoyed the weekend even if it was tiring. Smile
Next time, I'll be trooping as well as wrangling!
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Brisbrick Chandler Imperial Drone 3 3,475 Friday 1-Nov-2019, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Diatium
Troop Report Brisbricks - Chandler 2018 Diatium 11 10,744 Sunday 7-Oct-2018, 07:45 AM
Last Post: APOK
Troop Report Brisbricks - Chandler - Oct 1st to 3rd Cre8tiv 9 14,964 Sunday 16-Oct-2016, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach