DLT 19 Build for Baytrooper
A couple of weeks before SupaNova I was asked to build a nice fresh sticky Grand Moff resin DLT19. This also coincided with some repairs on Phantoms DLT19 which I also had. So I will start a build thread for this and also add some of Phantoms fixes as well.

1. Assess fresh kit that had been delivered. All parts were good with the usual gassing holes and minor cast defects.
[Image: IMG_1626_zpsb63abf38.jpg]

2. After a good check of the kit it was off to Masters for the Plastikote grey undercoat, aluminium, matt black and clear coat spray cans.

3. The full resin kit was washed in a soapy warm water mix and then fresh water rinse and left to air dry.

4. Then the fun part begins, removing all the flashing and cast marks, using the scalpel also deepening and highlighting all the grooves and recesses as needed.
[Image: IMG_1671_zps1c14a7a1.jpg]

5. Now time to fill and bog all the holes and imperfections in the stock and receiver, barrel, muzzle and bipod. this bit sucksSad
[Image: IMG_1646_zps75acad67.jpg]
6. Time to drill all the barrel and muzzle holes and don't forget the harness holes in the barrel and receiver. At this time I drilled out the main shaft hole between the barrel and receiver and measure 100 times and drill once.....
[Image: IMG_1647_zps25186eb3.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1644_zps7a782709.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1651_zps196bc628.jpg]

7. I usually apply an undercoat in between the hole filling as it brings out the defects betterWink
[Image: IMG_1693_zpsa32908b5.jpg]

8. Now time for the pin and glue of the greebs and also the tie wire application on the T-tracks. Take your time here and make even grooves on the t-Tracks to house the wire. I have a tie wire pliers and they work great but use care as too much force will deform the soft resin.
[Image: IMG_1692_zpsd6dca27c.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1691_zps613e7ee2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1701_zps23908516.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1694_zps0b0e2613.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1695_zps5c50d9ca.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1699_zps9206e330.jpg]

9. Once happy with the level of detail needed then its onto a better undercoat and then the aluminium second coat.
[Image: IMG_1705_zps24595723.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1709_zpsba05ba74.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1704_zps06c2d9ea.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1703_zps8a9f6d21.jpg]

10. Now time to mask the section between the stock and receiver and start the top coat application. I did 3 top coats all up in matt black.
[Image: IMG_1710_zps0e8be331.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1707_zps482de026.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1706_zps34e9c7f7.jpg]

11. Once happy that all is covered and fully dried then its onto the clear coat. here I did 2 applications liberally over the weapon while in bits to ensure all areas were covered.
[Image: IMG_1729_zpsaa8d9b0b.jpg]

12. Last pics of a pose shot and also the back of the car at SupaNovaWink
[Image: IMG_1712_zpse61c1404.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1760_zps326e3fd2.jpg]

Any queries or questions fire away.....

Terror
Nice work mate!
Looks like you got a slightly better cast than mine. I have had to rebuild the trigger guard plus had an enormous amount of air hole filling on the bipod. fortunately it is nearly ready for painting.
I was reluctant to drill out the barrel - how sturdy is the barrel with the vents drilled out?
Also, as the MG34 has then the actual barrel inside the vented jackets, for accuracy, I would need to run another rod or pipe down the centre - what's your thoughts on this?
Lastly, I'm new to painting at this scale, is there a reason you chose Plastikote paint? Is it more durable than other rattle can paints? In fact how durable is the paint finish on these things?
Sorry for the 20 questions. Smile
The barrel would benefit from an aluminium tube inserted and drilled out the same the main barrel as they do sag with or without the holes

Also I prefer the masters paint cans as they have worked well. They stand up alright but with the aluminum undercoat the weathering looks normal.

Also I used the 2 part mix epoxy resin in the dual syringe for the gluing as it works well and sets in minutes.

Terror
Beautiful job, Mate. How good would the story be, if you were pulled over by the cops with that on your backseat... priceless!
[Image: imagejpg1_zps8ab58052.jpg]
A Truly Magnificent result. I was Super happy and pleased with the finished product. Terror has some wicked skills and I am soo, sooooo appreciative of him putting this together for me. I was also lucky enough to see his other pew pews in person. Seeing the ones in the back of his car would be nothing compared to the cops getting wind of the collection in his home. I suspect S.W.A.T and the Army would be deployed and the neighbours would be shitting bricks Smile
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
Mark did an awesome job. The DLT is back to the way it should be....thanks Mark.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Nice work as always Terror, will be referring to this in future.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
A true Da Vinci of blasters Terror!!
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Cheers all, now I want one for myself for my collection so looks like another build early next yearWink

Terror
Nice work work