Best Day Ever
So, Sunday 15th June was the best day ever!

Went to Sci Fi by the Sea, in Herne Bay. Was basically like a Supanova in a large field, but with 10 Star Wars actors, a couple of
Dr Who whatevers, lots of cool costumers, and props, and tonnes of stalls selling piles of the things you trawl ebay
for with limited luck.

We met 8 of the 10 Star Wars peeps. The ones I missed was the guy who played Mas Ameda, and Nute or Rune, can't
remember which one, and one of the Imperial Officers (with dialogue).

Caught up with David Prowse. He had a look through my trooping photo book, and I got some photos with him. I didn't get his autograph, as I already have it, and needed to watch the funds.

I met Admiral Ackbar, and Nien Nunb. Tim Rose and Mike Quinn. Both very nice, and both were puppeteers on Star Wars, Labyrinth, and Dark Crystal. As well as playing skeksis in Dark Crystal. Got photos with them and autographs.

[Image: Dover036.jpg]

[Image: Dover039.jpg]

Met a lovely old man, who has been in 1000 films, including Thunderball (played 008), Skyfall, Indiana Jones, Star Wars to name a few. Got a photo with him.

Met a guy who was several small roles in Star Wars. Mainly as an extra in various scenes, but his coolest claim to fame is he was the TK next to the TK that bumped his head on that blast door. How cool is that? Smile I forgot to go back and get a photo with him though. Banghead

On the Saturday before the event, we were reading the event poster in town, and 2 people came along and took photos of each other with the poster. They then pointed out their names on the poster. They were so awesome. Pam and Ken. They feel like old friends now. Pam was in the Cantina scene, and Ken was an Imperial Officer in ROTJ. Whilst chatting to them, I said 'Ooh ooh, hang on', and I unzipped my hoodie to reveal my Darth Vader swimsuit I was wearing under my jeans. She then went, 'Ooh ooh', and unzipped her jacket, to reveal a Darth Vader top also. It was a classic. They told us to come along to the event, and to make sure to come and see them. We had already decided to go anyway.

They both gave us free signed photos, we took lots of photos with them, she gave me a patch of her character, and her contact details, including email and postal address. They were so lovely.

[Image: Dover024.jpg]

I've sent patches and pins to Pam and Tim Rose, as I didn't have them with me at the event. We were staying with Philip's Uncle, and I had left them back at his brother's house. As a thank you, Tim has sent back some more autographed photos. Jig

But then, the most exciting of all. Was meeting Femi Taylor (Oola). I'm going to work on Supanova getting her out, as she's super keen to come back out to Australia. She's Married to a Scot. (All the cool girls are, hehe), and she's 53. Can you believe that? She so doesn't look it.

[Image: Dover060.jpg]

What was really nice about meeting all of them, was we had the opportunity to spend several hours chatting to them all. The crowds were more interested in the Drs, so it was fairly quiet. The signed photos cost the equivalent of around $30, but then you could take as many of your own photos with them for free, even if you didn't buy an autograph. Plus having the time to chat to them, was priceless.

As you know at Supanova, the autographs are usually $40 or $50, and then the same again to get a photo. Plus you don't get any time with them, you're just shunted along so the next person can be served.

We saw on the poster, there would be professional costumers there, so we just assumed they would be 501st and RL, but they weren't. They were Iconic Legion, and Galactic Knights. Random. Still had good looking Star Wars costumes, that looked just about approvable, as well as all sorts of other heroes like Batman etc.

The stalls were awesome. They had so much cool stuff. You know how most of the stalls at Supanova have a lot of the 'commercial' stuff, and not so much of the collectable?! Well, stall after stall had tubs and tubs full of collectables.

Here's a link to the event.
http://baypromoteam.co.uk/sci-fi-by-the-sea/

I ate an ice cream shaped like a TK helmet. We got souvenir tshirts. It was unreal. I'm still buzzing.

Oh, and want....
[Image: Dover051.jpg]

Here's the link to the album of more of the pics.
http://s1085.photobucket.com/user/jedipr...0The%20Sea

Oh, and in August we'll be joining the UK Garrison and RL at Collectormania in Glasgow. I'll finally meet Kenny Baker and a few others. Should be pretty cool. Doppeldaumen1
http://www.collectormaniaglasgow.co.uk/
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Awesome report Sithprincess.....so jealous :D
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Ermagerd!!!! You met Mike Quin!!
Nice one, Tamsin... Smile
That's Pam Rose & Ken Combs, by the way Wink

[Image: ahy9ama2.jpg]

[Image: aba6yzy4.jpg]

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Yeah, I know. I was just keeping the details brief. Smile
Wow and wow and omg you meet Femi Taylor ..... I allways had a soft spot for Oola and been told if I ever get her as my Star Wars tattoo I be sleepin permently on the sofa bed .Looks like it was great time and convention .

Cheers
Wolf
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
[Image: albundy_shock.gif]
OMG enjoy every second of your time there Smile and don't forget to do interviews for the RBG webispodes !
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Wonderful to see you having a fantastic time.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Awesomeness!!!!
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Smile
Royalguard

Darth "I find your lack of pants disturbing."
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Awesome stuff.

I guess thats what we get for living in the "lucky country" It costs a lot of $$ to get guests out here, and the organisers are in it to make their money back plus some.
Looks like you had a good time Tasmin.

Must be nice to be able to see so many star wars actors.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
AWESOME!!!!!!! great to get these reports from the UK. Keep them coming. Hope your having a blast over there?
Thanks guys.

Yeah, a lot of them live around here so it's no effort to drive themselves to these events.

So, the organisers don't have to cover extra costs, and you pay your money straight to the actor, not to the organisers.
Juuuuust a little bit jealous.
- ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN THE END OF THE WAR -