Pink Stumps Day Saturday 14th of March 2015
Troop Report 
Date: 14th of March 2015

Venue: Bray Park Primary School

Time: 7.00am to 4.00pm

Mission: To raise money for the McGrath Foundation playing cricket in our armour.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG: TKID and username/costume

If I have missed anyone please let me know. I am just going off memory and there were a lot of us there.

Death Stars
1. Cyclops - RC (Captain of the Death Stars)
2. Cutter - TK
3. Dredd - DZ
4. Phantom - Fett
5. Hubris - TB
6. Moxxxie - TK
7. Cueploz -TA
8. Bigmac - TB
9. Blueski - TB
10. Terror Firma - IG
11. Phoenix - TKC
12. Hopfot - Weir
13. Jimcricket - TK

Emperor's XI
1. Baytrooper - TS (Captain of the Emperor's XI)
2. Apok - TB (+ commentator) *
3. Cobra - TKC
4. Doc - TB
5. Diatium
6. Oevil - TK
7. Major Payne - TB
8. Bullant - TK
9. Duras - TK
10. Cre8tiv - TK
11. Redpaint - TB
12. Crypto - Jango
13. Chief - TB
14. Lei - TK

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:

Pink Ladies
Mammasith
Madamsith
Sara
Tirilia
Candi Bear
Tygress
Leah
Astro
Scorcher
Aaron
Altair

Wranglers
Scorpion Matt
Barry
Gauge Rage
Assmetz
Rhino from the SCG
Teiwaz
Ralj
cavx

Umpires and Scorer
Beanie - SL
Kev Vader - SL
The Scotsman - SL
Deltorn

Roaming Troopers
DW - TD
Blade Seduction - TX (plus wrangling heaps)
Sly - TK
Sithprincess - Juno

Photo Team
Supatrooper
Buzzard
Forlorn
Armetis
Hervey Baytrooper

Details: This was the second year we have gotten together to play a game of 20/20 cricket in our armour. This is something that is not done anywhere else in the world, that no other sport has done either. Two teams of troopers in hard armour playing a sport. We are the originals folks.

Due to Cyclone Marcia we had to delay this event by 3 weeks. this caused a massive kerfuffle and scrambling to make this happen. Nothing like cancelling an event 2 days before. Regardless of it being a good reason. Nevertheless we banded together and made it happen.

Meeting in the middle of the field the captains gathered for the coin toss. The Emporer's XI won that and decided to send the Death Stars into bat.

The game was quite fast paced and started with a flurry of runs from Dredd "The Wild Thing" Gamorean. A slap dash 51 and he had to retire. Apparently sweating out 18 litres of water slows you down. That and Dredd had to empty out his suit as he was swimming at that stage. UGH!!

Cutter (36) also suffered a first in the cricket world. He was given out to a CBW (Cape Before Wicket). That will teach him to be flashy. NO CAPES!!!!

From there wickets fell and runs scored with the Empoer's XI keeping the Death Stars to 115. Was this to be enough?.....Well no.

The Emporer's XI were only able to reach 95 in their 20 overs. A slap dash 13 from Doc and well slogged 29 (retired hurt) from Cobra, out the team in good stead. However with the captain getting out for a duck things looked a little grim. Bullant became the second victim of the pitch and the wickets were tumbling. Apok tried to make a stand with a solid 38, but in the end the numbers got the better of the Emporer's XI.

Congratulations to the Death Stars for the win two years in a row.

Charity Funds Raised: So far $3681.00 beating last year by over $600.00. we may get some more donations over the next couple of days via the PSD donation link.

Injuries / Malfunctions:

Cobra ate the dirt tripping. Busted shoulder and cracked butt plate.
Bullant decided to copy Cobra. Chest plate to the throat, cracked cod, busted bicep.
Numerous armour bites.
Slight heat stroke for a few.

Public Incidents:

Many people sitting around with undone trousers due to all the food that was on hand.

Mission Status:

Complete and utter success. This year was a good "suck and see". We will be working with the P&C closely again to learn from any that could be done better.

Photos:

Plenty to come.

A massive thanks to:

My bestie for this event Mammasith. Without her dogmatic approach to just get people to do what she wants this event would not be as big as it is nor as well organised. Mammasith is the driving force behind this event. With Madamsith and Sara they got everything up and running and working like a well oiled machine.

To the Pink Ladies (and a couple of Pink Lads as well). Giving up your time to run the food stalls and raffle so we troopers can play silly buggers on the field.

Tirilia and Candi Bear for their baking and manning the cake stand for the entire day. That was awesome.

To all our wranglers that came and helped. Without you we could not play the game. You help us look good on the field.

To every trooper that put on the armour to play.

Basically the entire team. This is an event that is not only to help a worthy charity, but to have some fun. We are a group of knuckleheads that like to dress up as awesome characters from a great film franchise. Some do it for the costuming. some do it for the charity. Some just want to meet like minded people.

The Redback Garrison prides itself in not only a high standard of costuming, but also for being a group that wants to help each other and just have fun in a very odd and fun hobby. This event shows, how we as a Garrison, work together and just have a good time. It is all about having together as a group.

I hope you all had as good of a time as I did and to see you all next year.

Cheers
Apok
Rhino from SCG was out on the field wrangling.
Just remembered Rhino. Send me a message on FB or a PM if I have missed someone. Otherwise the thread might just be about people I have missed haha.
Wow what a great amount that was raised on the day.
It was a great day had lots of fun thanks everyone
TK 19749
Recovering from tooth surgery - I didn't want to miss this event.
Fantastic work guys - lot of positive feedback from the families and no doubt some action packed photos and video to come from all.
[Image: 16610588347_9368af37d0_c.jpg]
[Image: 16630497550_25b41ef5a5_z.jpg][Image: 16816778642_5e5aa5273a_z.jpg]
[Image: 16610578897_d69cfd13cf_c.jpg]
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Was an awesome day and big shout out to all those who worked behind the scenes to make it all happenSmile

Terror
Fantastic day , everybody deserves high praise for great work on a really warm day , quite tough conditions to be out on the field whether you be in armor or wrangling or cooking , selling wares or trooping the crowd , congrats all of you .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
hey all... looking for a pic of the two team line up at the start of the day to use on the Facebook page

If someone can flick me a link that would be great
DW2013 to DW2018
And to top it of the red velvet cupcakes and Cherry Ripe slice were the bomb!!
Link to my pics, will also drop them into the 501st Redback account as well

http://s614.photobucket.com/user/Jeepthe...t=3&page=1

Terror
I had fun as well, evening being the evil Emperor having to call out on that Cape!!!

well done all and thank you to everyone that helped, planned, cooked, setup and wrangled. An awesome day.
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Awesome day I can't wait to do it all over again.

Thanks for a great day guys.

My brother ForlornCreature Has a lot of photos and video to come.
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
Its only the second time my 5 year old granddaughter has seen Stormtroopers. Her first question was "why are you wearing pink Poppy? Pink's a girl's colour." Then I pointed out all the troopers wearing pink, and explained it was about raising money for when ladies get sick. Then she goes quiet and processes it all. "Why do they carry guns Poppy?" "Because they are playing characters from a movie. Don't worry, they don't hurt anyone." More silence, a rare thing. "Thats good." So precious. I look forward to seeing what she comes out with next.

Thanks everyone for putting so much into making it a great day.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
A really great fun day for everyone, so many of the crowd were overheard to be amazed with the 501st and the good works that they do.
Amazing effort by everyone in armour but also, the crew behind the stalls and BBQ and the "commentary crew" did such a fantastic job keeping everyone "fed and watered" all day.
Here is a link to some more photos, a couple aren't too bad and if anyone wants a HiRes copy without the watermark, just PM me.
http://s906.photobucket.com/user/tlloyd6...mps%202015

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Troop Report - Pink Stumps Day 2019 APOK 4 4,239 Wednesday 27-Mar-2019, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Triple9
Troop Report Pink Stumps Day - 10th March 2018 APOK 13 12,741 Friday 16-Mar-2018, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Slide Effect
Troop Report Troop report Pink Stumps promo photo shoot Iceheart 6 7,686 Sunday 18-Feb-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Squid