Gold Coast Nova 2015
Date:17th to 19th April

Venue: Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre

Time: Friday - Supanova opens at 6pm on Friday night (opening ceremony only - no trooping). Details of bump in time will be advised.
Saturday - 10am - 6pm
Sunday - 10am - 6pm

Mission: To amaze the Supanova crowds with our awesomeness while raising money for charity.

Trooper Attendance:

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/signupsheet.php?eid=819

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:

Details:

I arrived at the docking bay at 1130hrs to commence Bump In, but they had already started and found we had been moved to a new zone, so after finding a place to park and unload the equipment needed for the weekend I gave the others a hand with setting up the display which Scope and Madam Sith and Mortogg had kindly transported to the location. Everyone worked at a fast pace and we had everything set up just in time for Major Payne to arrive with the second Speeder Bike and his R2 unit to set up Bump In was now complete and we were ready for business.

Saturday started of great the lines were growing and we got two extra change rooms that were set aside for another group that could not make it. The booth ran like clock work with heaps images being taken and raffle tickets being sold, the hall was pack It was the busiest day on record for GC Nova, It took 20mins for Troopers to get from the booth to the change rooms that is how packed it was. Some the Troopers did a talk on the center stage about the different Costumes in the Legion and they did great job.

After a full on day a few of us headed out the mixer which Cre8tiv organised at a nice Italian restaurant it was a great night, Cobra stated the best dish of the night was the Deep Fried Ice Cream Wink

We started off Sunday with the Cosplay parade which had a great turn out this year, the crowds packed into the mall and lined the route it was good to see.

Once back at the hall we made our way to the booth to begin the day, people started to stream in and get more photos of us being awesome, Scope and Major Payne did a talk on the main stage about their prop building skills and showed off one of the speeder bikes and R2D2 thanks you guys you did a great job. There was heaps more raffle tickets sold until it was time to draw the winner of the Efx Stormtrooper helmet donated by the great people of Gamesworld Queensland, the winner was there too collect the prize which was cool.

After the raffle was drawn the day wound down very quickly and before we knew it, it was time to bump out and like clock work everything was pulled down and packed ready to go by 7:30pm great effort.

Thank you all that attended over the weekend Troopers, Cadets, GA and RL you all put in a huge effort even Phoenix who did some Babysitting over the weekend, but a very big thank you to Scope and Madam Sith, Major Payne and Mrs Payne, Cyclops and Mama Sith, Cobra, Buzzard, Deltorn, Cre9tiv and Cueloopz for everything you did over the weekend.

If I missed anyone out be sure to let me know. Thank you all

Charity Funds Raised: $5548.20 for Act for Kids

Injuries / Malfunctions: None that I can think about

Public Incidents: None

Mission Status: Huge Success

Photos: GC NOVA 15 Photo's

GCSN14DW2014GCSN15DW2015
                                                        GCSN16DW2016GCSN17

Fabulous weekend , you did a great job Chief.Doppeldaumen1
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Awesome result!
It was a great weekend. Thanks Chief for all that you did to make it so good.

It was amazing to get to see those awesome speeder bikes as well.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Was a wonderful weekend.
The speeder bikes are awesome (Thanks Payney, Scope and their families) and the crowd certainly liked them!
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
It was a blast, and awesome result on the funds raised.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Good work Chief, thanks for a great Weekend

[Image: 2HbPbX1.jpg]
Thanks for all your hard work chief , it was a great weekend .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Thanks to you too mate and everyone that helped bump in and out and worked the stand over the weekend.....you guys are amazing and my luv to you all.

peace Jas (scope)
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

Thanks Chief had a great weekend
Was a great weekend, I just wanted to say thanks to Scope, Major Payne and Cueloopz for being the back bone of the whole weekend great job guys.
TK 19749
(Sunday 3-May-2015, 07:12 PM)Scorpion Wrote:  Was a great weekend, I just wanted to say thanks to Scope, Major Payne and Cueloopz for being the back bone of the whole weekend great job guys.

+1.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ABC Gold Coast - May The Fourth Be With You Ktty 2 1,497 Thursday 13-May-2021, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Meowied_Cass
Troop Report Gold Coast Supanova 2019 Squid 5 4,527 Thursday 9-May-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: APOK
  Hospital Heroes Ball - Gold Coast Hospital Foundation Darth Cooper 7 7,307 Thursday 23-Aug-2018, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Ktty