Newbie from Bundy looking to join 501st
Welcome! You could consider a biker scout, its a great first costume. Relatively easy to make and easy to wear, and we get to do all the cool stuff! CRL is here http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:...ut_trooper

Our detachment is called the Pathfinders, available here. http://bikerscout.net/
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome. Very excited at another Wide Bay member in the making. Stay well clear of Phill and Mel though, they will smother you with kindness Hehehe

We are all here to help you and look forward to meeting you for sure.

Just remember, no matter what costume you choose, we all get to do cool stuff Jig
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
welcome to the Redbacks!!!! good luck with what ever you choose to make as your 1st costume , you will find plenty of help just don't be afraid to ask even the silliest of questions ( we have all been there!!).
Smile
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Thanx everyone! Looking forward to getting to know u all and I'm sure there will be some silly questions lol
Welcome Sennight
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Welcome to the garrison. You are in good hands up there with Baytrooper and Darkfather. Like Dannytheblue said, there are no silly questions when it comes to building your armour.
Can you outrun a rocket.... How about we find out.

DW2015
Welcome
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
Welcome Sarah. Hope to see you at the Force Awakens midnight screening that we have organised locally. ?
[Image: imagejpg1_zps8ab58052.jpg]
(Saturday 31-Oct-2015, 11:18 PM)Viper Scout Wrote:  Welcome Sarah. Hope to see you at the Force Awakens midnight screening that we have organised locally. Smile

Has there been an event request sent in for this at all? Are we doing a Troop for the screening in Bundaberg? I know myself and the other Wide Bay members were thinking of putting in a request to do one either in Bundy or Hervey Bay, probably Bundy though I'd say. What have you organised locally?
      FNG
No Mate, no troop request as this is something the theatre manager organised with a group of local fans who aren't necessarily 501st members... so it's not a 501st event. I would say contact your local cinema to see what they are organising. Smile
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought that from what I have read, bearing in mind I'm not actually an approved member of 501st yet as I don't have a complete costume, that all troops had to be approved by 501st before they could go ahead? Also I was led to believe there were some issues with officially trooping at any premiere?? I'm all for going in costume to see The Force Awakens but could you please explain how this can happen?? Thanks.

Oh just seen the other reply now. Other group?? Ha?? I'm all sorts of confused now :/
No need to be confused :D If a 501st troop is organised it must be done through official channels. The midnight screening here in Bundy is not an official troop. It is simply a premiere screening of The Force Awakens that is going ahead because local fans have asked for it to happen. No 501st costumes have been requested. Hope you can make it.
(Sunday 1-Nov-2015, 07:50 AM)Viper Scout Wrote:  No need to be confused :D If a 501st troop is organised it must be done through official channels. The midnight screening here in Bundy is not an official troop. It is simply a premiere screening of The Force Awakens that is going ahead because local fans have asked for it to happen. No 501st costumes have been requested. Hope you can make it.

So , can 501st costumes attend this screening and who is the "we" that is organising it?
      FNG
Yes... anyone can attend. Smile
Is the "we" the QASWAS (Queensland Australia Star Wars Appreciation Society) I am hearing about in Bundaberg? And if so, why are you using the Redback forums to get cadets to attend this event that "we" have organised locally?

"We" have not organised anything for TFA screenings in Bundaberg as yet, so who exactly are you representing with this statement? If you are in fact running your own group, how do you justify using legion forums to lure potential members away from the 501st/Redbacks to join your own "we" group?

Are you using the boards to acquire/sell costumes and parts also, simply to get people to join you and the QASWAS?
Are you using the boards to find listed Troops for your "we" group and then organising them for the QASWAS?

You never seem to want to troop with any current members of the Redback Garrison at any of the events posted here, and there have been a few of late.

It seems that you are simply using the Redbacks/501st as a platform for your own personal gains.
      FNG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all looking to join the 501st Imperial Soup 4 451 Friday 25-Aug-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Imperial Soup
  Greetings from Bundy Gangrel 8 12,513 Wednesday 18-Sep-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Angelman
  looking to join the 501st topher-the-tiger 18 27,666 Monday 16-May-2011, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Jimcricket