Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday September 23, 2023

Venue: Queensland Air Museum, 9 Pathfinders Drive, Caloundra West, Qld

Time: 1000-1400

Mission: Replacing the previous 2 days for the Qld Air Museum’s annual Open Cockpit weekend, is a new concept of 4 single day events. Fast Jets Open Day is one of them, and a last minute request came through from the Marketing Manager to bring some SW flavour to the day.  Always a great troop for the aviation enthusiasts amongst us with great photo opportunities as we mingle with the crowd and exhibits. 

Trooper Attendance:

Redback Garrison:
GaugeRage - Swamp Scout
Sithprincess – Vader
Lucky Phil – ISB Officer
Stormraven – 181stTie Pilot
Robo Tom – Imperial Officer
Sharpshooter – Imperial Officer

RL Tatooine Rebel Base:
Rebelrach – Xwing Pilot & POC
Blue – Xwing Pilot
Gavin – Xwing Pilot
Donut – Xwing Pilot

Details:

Perfect weather, if a little warm, the crowds poured in with over 1100 people through the gates before lunch so the organisers were thrilled.  Well versed in the museum layout and the day, the troopers wandered around the aircraft and attractions stopping for photos with the big and little kids.  So many SW themed shirts in the crowd!  The museum has created a permanent stage area inside the open air hangar in front of the DC3 which makes for excellent photos and the Xwing tribe looked great up there. GaugeRage as always was the life of the party, with his famous ‘selfie’ routine in full effect. Vader and the Officers and the Tie Pilot made a formidable Imperial group on the day, and having 4 Xwing pilots together was awesome. Donut and Blue looked great inside the F-111 cockpit.

Charity Funds Raised: Nil.

Injuries / Malfunctions:
None with think! No rogue choppers attacking Gauge this year!

Public Incidents: NIL.

Mission Status: SUCCESS – as always. Good crowds and great weather, the museum will assess the one day concept for next year and promises to give us more notice for the next day (in Jan 2024)  We are always a hit with the public and the organisers and they are very grateful. A HUGE thanks to all the troopers signed up last minute, changed plans to come along. Its always such a great day at the Air Museum. Roll on next year to be even bigger and better...

Photos:

…..

[Image: JJhXX8G.jpg]

[Image: 8sr35jN.jpg]

[Image: KYlHF8v.jpg]

[Image: uSlCp7X.jpg]

DW2013DW2015
BN13  BN14 OCC2014
CVII  CVIII

[Image: XFqh6O5.jpg]
**** Photos added ***

DW2013DW2015
BN13  BN14 OCC2014
CVII  CVIII

Awesome work guys. Wish I could get to this one in my FO-TI!
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]
Awesome troop! Thanks for organising Rach
[Image: UbITLYb.png]
Great work troopers
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
(Thursday 12-Oct-2023, 04:10 PM)TripleSix Wrote:  Awesome work guys. Wish I could get to this one in my FO-TI!

Me too!
Next one will be in January.....

DW2013DW2015
BN13  BN14 OCC2014
CVII  CVIII

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 416 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,609 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops
Troop Report Sony Foundation Troop Report Bolt_2112 9 6,381 Tuesday 24-Sep-2019, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Bolt_2112