Help with Sabre Pike
Another weapons project, this time a Force Pike as used by the Shadow Guards in Star Wars Force Unleashed, which is my next costume.

[Image: starwarstv37darthtemocph9.jpg]
Does anyone know how to make a handle like this?
[Image: handledrafta.jpg]

I've been searching everywhere with no luck, I may need to have it custome made on a wood lathe.

Sniper
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
If you like, I have an old Surf fishing rod you can use for it...

As for the handle, perhaps ask Ray about a aluminum one?
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Another option might be a pool cue for the main part, and just add some greeblies.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Not sure what the other guys in the states use, but have you thought about finding the correct diameter and getting PVC pipe cut to length? That way you keep the same width to the pipe the whole way up the Saber Pike. Then you'll need to add the greebs and grips separately. Where did you get the template for those grips? Doesn't look accurate to me, check out forcepike.net.

Also, This is a Sabre Pike, not a Force Pike.

Edit: That template looks more like the lower grip for a TR Force Pike. I think you're after something different for the shadow guard.
[Image: sterb104.gif]
yeah im thinking pvc pipe or maybe even aluminium or wood for the pike,since its a consistant length. still unsure on what to do for the saber though,be good to lock it in place,like the pvc sleeve idea i think will work good.
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
I can help with the blade, but I currently have no experience with saber electronics.
Detachments are your friend Smile

http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=31
http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=367
http://www.forcepike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=140
Cool, thanks for the imput guys.Smile I was thinking of using PVC for the main body, PVC greebles and a ultra saber for the saber. I have 3 days off this weekend and will be looking at it then.

I am very interested on how this turns out as a Shadow Guard is ( just ) one of my future projects I would like to do. Just wondering if you would be doing it with armor ( sans robe), with soft parts only ( like royal guard ), or a combo of both?

I'm fairly certain, to be canon, thus approvable, you need the armour as well.

Quote:Force Unleashed: Shadow Royal Guard
Costume MUST have:

Helmet: Painted either in matte or gloss-finished, in a black shade that matches the outer robe, with a red visor that allows maximum visibility, but hides the wearerâ€s features.

Bodysuit: Bodysuit should be made to resemble that which is seen on the screen. There are no visible pockets on this bodysuit.

Body Armor: Body armor must be either matte or gloss black in color and consist of the following components:
Shoulder Bells: Shoulder bells must be shaped to mimic the visual reference and must have a duckbill style based on Storm Trooper shoulder bell.

Chest Plates: Chest plates must be shaped to mimic the visual reference, based on a Storm trooper chest plate.

Back plate: Back plate must be shaped to mimic the visual reference. Based on a Storm Trooper back plate.

Abdominal Plates: Abdominal plates must be shaped to mimic the visual reference.

*Note: All body armor components must be secured to the costumerâ€s bodysuit by either 1) harness/strapping system, 2) Velcro/Snaps, and cannot hang free.

Vambraces/Gauntlets: Vambraces/Gauntlets must be shaped to mimic the visual reference

Gloves: Black, leather or leather-like, enclosed fingered, non-textured, gauntlet length and fitted. No buckles, straps, decorative stitching, etc.

Belt: The belt should be constructed from a non-textured leather or a leather-like material, approximately 2" (50.8 mm) in width (up to 3" (76.s mm) is acceptable) To the right of the buckle (from the viewer's perspective), a single large snap or rivet should be visible about 1" (25.4 mm) from the buckle.

Buckle: The buckle should be constructed from a horizontally brushed metal, or metal looking material. The size should be 2 5/8" (66.7 mm) high and 4 1/8" (104.5 mm) wide with 0.5" (12.7 mm) radius rounded corners. Canon buckles have a slight horizontal curve.
Buckles are adorned with an Imperial Code Disk at the center.
*Costumebase/Costumebay buckles are NOT acceptable

Kama: Must match respected armor color, made of same material as the flight suit and outer robes. (Preferred: Velvet matching the outer robe on the outer layer of the Kama, inner layer of the Kama matching the bodysuit material.)

Leg Armor: Shin armor must be constructed with the same material and color as the armor and reflect the style of Jango Fett shins.

Boots: Calf or knee-high, black, lace-less, non-textured, leather or leather-like material. Rubber is not acceptable. English riding boots are preferred. (Jack boots are not acceptable)

Boot Armor:
Spats: to be done in the style of Jango boot armor.

Saberpike: Saberpike is to match the visual reference set by the Hyperspace diagram of the Shadow Guard weapon. MAUL sabers on a stick are not acceptable.

Force Unleashed Shadow Royal Guard costume
May have (but not required):

Outer robes:
Outer robes should be constructed of black velvet or velveteen; inner lining must be constructed of black cloth material. These robes are to be done in the Episode 2 style: AOTC robes, with the following modifications. A single slit is to be added in the center of the back so as to be able to wrap the back of the robes around the hands, with the front robe section going over the shoulder on right.
Thanks for writing that up Tach.Smile I've put my name down on an interest thread, see below.

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66959

Due to the heat, I'll probably go without the outer robes, but will see. I've only thought about doing this in the last week or so, so only in the research stage, getting ideas and playing Force Unleashed. I like the idea of a royal guard with armour and a "sabre" of sorts.

Trust me, you'll want the outer robe. You'll look odd when you're next to other guards without it. Plus the outer robe is an iconic part of the guard costume. You could get it and wrap it around your arms, as is accepted combat dress for guards. But your armour, go with what you like. Just my 2cents
Yeah, I would go with the outter robe. But go with a design that you can throw it open over your shoulder like Carnor Jax or Kir Kanos do in the comic Crimson Empire. :P
[Image: LetsplayagameofMyPrettyRoyalGuard.jpg]

Like this Doppeldaumen1
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever
I'll get the outer robes and wrap it around like the pic that Vepariga posted up. The Shadow Guard is all black, armour, robe and everything alse, apart from the red visor right? I'll be going through the forums on the weekend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Force Pike Question Buddy Love 3 1,553 Sunday 23-Sep-2018, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Buddy Love
  Force pike - Straight or taper? Kemen 0 540 Saturday 17-Jun-2017, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Kemen
  Force Pike redpaint 6 2,236 Wednesday 6-Nov-2013, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Duras