Hello from Toowoomba/Brisbane!
Hi!

My name is Sam and I have recently became very interested in joining the 501st after going to the Supanova at the Gold Coast. I was dressed as Darth Talon and was asked to sign up. I am so very excited to join the 501st and Redbacks.

Unfortunately, my Talon costume wouldn't be approved as it was done on a student budget but I can't wait to work on approved costumes. Though I don't think I'll be able to do Talon again for awhile, there are others that I'd love to do. I've sent an email to the Flagship Eclipse see if they will accept Tavion Axmis from the Jedi Outcast game.

For a little about myself, I am 21 years old and I have worked in the theatre as a wardrobe assistant for 2 years. I'm currently studying millinery (hat making) at Mt Gravatt Tafe and running a small home business where make hats, dressmaking, clothing alterations and costumes.

I can't wait to be official and I'm looking forward to meeting many of you!

Sam Smile
Hi Sam!

Welcome to the Redbacks..Smile

Plenty of good help to be found here.
Any idea of what you would like to do first as a costume?
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Hey Sam and welcome to the Redbacks.

With that sort of background expect to get some calls for help with costumes Smile
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome! I'll have to get some sewing lessons from you Smile
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Hi and welcome,
We have a few Toowoomba folk here,
not too many in costumes that are not plastic but we are getting there.
We have Dream world Next weekend (5th 6th May)which is the ultimate event for the 501st.
The next Toowoomba event will be the 4GR give me 5 for kids in June.
Feel free to come along.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Hi Sam & welcome. I'm sure you won't have any problems making a costume with those sorts of credentials, especially with the help you'll be able to receive from some of the knowledgeable people on here.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome to the Redbacks! It's always fantastic to get more girls in the garrison!

Would be great to see you in June for the 4GR troop! It's always a fun event, and this year should be another big one!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hi there Sam and welcome to the Redback forum. There are plenty of us here with a variety of Imperial, and (quietly speaking) rebel costumes.

If you need a hand, just ask.

Sniper
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Hi Sam, welcome to the Redback's.
Hi Sam welcome to best Garrison in the Legion
These blast points — too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. Tk
Welcome to the redbacks Sam I thought your Talon looked pretty good, but as you will find out there are some fairly high standards to meet. You are not our only milliner in the garrison Evelyn down the coast makes great hats and costumes. Doppeldaumen1

One bit of advice 2cents is it is always easier to do a costume that is already approved so if you do decide to do Axmis just be aware it may take more than one try to get it approved.

Also keep an eye out on the forums for Armor Parties Jig these are a great chance to come along meet us have some food and drinks and see what goes into making up some of the costumes. You can also get to talk to muppet on what needs to done to get your costume approved.

Once again welcome Im you and you sewing skills will be made very welcome. Doppeldaumen1
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Hi Sam welcome to the RBG
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Hi Sam and welcome to the Redbacks Smile I think you may be voted trooper of the year just with your skill set alone Smile
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think every woman should have a blowtorch. - Julia Child

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

@stormraven.

The standards a very high to meet but not impossible. That's one of the best things about the 501st. This is serious stuff. As serious as one can be dressed as a character from a sci-fi universe. :P

If Tavion is approved, she will be my pride and joy and where I will push all my money. I am very confident that I will get her spot on and use real leather. But before then, I think would like to do an Imperial staff officer as a "casual" less obscure costume. Tailoring is my thing and I'm sure there are many people to help me with the bits and bobs. And just to get me in sooner. :P

Kev told me about the Armour Parties. They sound like so much fun! Sometime I'd very much like to be apart of as I have no experience working with plastics and hard materials.

Thanks again :D
As someone who has just had an ID Staffie approved I think it's a great first option. I was in exactly the same boat and wanted in as fast as possible. My first love is an ANH Hero TK, but the ID is quick and relatively cheap.

It's also the kind of costume that allows you to both troop & wrangle as many of the helmeted costumes have poor vision. I'm sure with your skill set the tailoring to suit you will be easy and this is the most important part of this costume.

The belt, and Rank Bars are easy with local garrison members supplying them, and the belt boxes and code cylinders can be made from items that aren't too hard to come by. There will be plenty of help available to you when your ready.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13: