New kid on the darkside's block.
Hello all! I am ScOrP's (TK 785) daughter, and he as referred me to you guys as I am just starting to put my Maris Brood costume together.

I am actually located in Melbourne, though, but Scorp says you all are a pretty cool bunch and would be able to help me with a little direction when it comes to resourcing materials and the like for the construction of my costume. I am also more than willing to travel about as Maris to conventions and the like when I finally have the full costume completed (and perhaps as others in the future)! Hurra
Welcome Smile ScOrP was very helpful towards me when I was first scoping out my TK outfit, I look forward to trooping with him some day.
Welcome! Scorp's always been such a positive influence in the Redbacks.

Best of luck putting the costume together, I think some of the troopers will be able to guide you through this very nicely.

Snarky has done one before I believe!

All the best on the build.
Hello there LLyons... (Lisa, Linda, or Leanne)...??
Welcome to the Redback forums...

ScOrP helped me out when I started wrangling at Dreamworld last Year, and introduced me to the wonderful world of the TK... :-)

Maris Brood is a very cool costume, good choice...!!!

What part of Melbourne although you in...?
I am a Geelong Boy originally ... ;-)

(Go the Cats...)

DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
(Thursday 28-Mar-2013, 09:36 PM)Azrael Wrote:  Hello there LLyons... (Lisa, Linda, or Leanne)...??
Welcome to the Redback forums...

ScOrP helped me out when I started wrangling at Dreamworld last Year, and introduced me to the wonderful world of the TK... :-)

Maris Brood is a very cool costume, good choice...!!!

What part of Melbourne although you in...?
I am a Geelong Boy originally ... ;-)

(Go the Cats...)

My actual name doesn't actually start with an L. Just to keep everyone guessing. Cheeky But it refers to a nickname which I get called..

I'm over in the Eastern Suburbs, so in the exact opposite direction from Geelong! But it's nice to see a fellow Melbournian face (more or less Smile )

(Ah the Cats are among the better teams for sure!)

Thank you, too, all! I'm glad to see that my Dad has helped out so many people, it's a quality I do admire of his. Smile Glad too see also that someone has actually had experience in putting together Ms Broods outfit, what a bonus. I certainly look forward to having a costume that is up to the 501st standards.

But indeed I think she is very cool, particularly her Shoto sabers, or Tonfa Lightsabers, and her back story. As well as much as we do know of her, that is. Plus how can you go past a Zabrak? Doppeldaumen1
Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay. Your Dad's a great bloke & went out of his way to make not only me but more importantly my wife (happy wife happy life) feel welcome @ Dreamworlds last year when I was a fresh faced newbie.
I can only imagine you have a similar personality so you'll fit in perfectly. Good luck with your build, don't forget to start a build thread.
Hope to meet you at a troop sometime soon.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Welcome to the forums LLyons if youre related to ScOrp you must be ok Doppeldaumen1 As Cutter said we do have 1 Maris in the garrison ( snarky ) and Im sure she'll be happy to give you some tips. Also think about joining the flagship eclipse detachment on the 501st main boards as there are some threads there about Maris already. She is an interesting character and her shoto/tonfa lightsabres are really nice weapons.
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Welcome welcome from Kamino!
Clones are cooler
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome to the forum. As yet there is no Maris approved in Aus.
Good luck on your build and be sure to check out Flagship Eclipse forum.
Welcome! You've come to the right place, great bunch of folk happy to help and very skilled! Can't wait to see your Maris! Good luck!
(Friday 29-Mar-2013, 12:19 PM)muppet Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. As yet there is no Maris approved in Aus.
Good luck on your build and be sure to check out Flagship Eclipse forum.

Oh this gives me hope! I was really wanting to aim to be the first 501st approved Maris. I shall have to work hard (& fast? Cheeky )

Thank you! I shall have to head over to the build section and post my progress so far. At the moment while starting.on the costume i am making a temp one for supanova this.coming April as well as working on the basic s for the approved costume. For example my wig shall be done by April which is a major component... Also a very time consuming one.

And thank you again.to all those who have welcomed me. Smile
Hey there! Welcome aboard! I have spent some time looking over the Maris costume, but have never committed to building it (as I'm too smitten by Ventress!). It's an awesome costume, though - and I'm sure you'll rock the socks off it!

There's a few suppliers I can link you with - FX Guy here on the forums makes the horns, and Krazy Kontacts is the cheapest (when on sale) place for the eye contacts.

Make sure you post some build pics, so we can all get overly excited for you! Armour building is so much fun, even if you're just a spectator!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
Thank you thank you. Smile

And Moxxie.. No wonder you are smitten by Ventress its an incredible outfit in its own rigjt. I shall have to stalk the forums to see more detailed pics of it (than the cute one in your signature..)

I shall also take up that offer on horns for the real maris costume very soon. Smile my little plastic ones are cute but they are just that - fake looking plastic. Would adore them to be realistic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The new kid on the block Tk_501_Mogler 11 13,461 Monday 21-Sep-2015, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Dw
  New Girl on the Block VickyVic 34 38,334 Wednesday 22-Jul-2015, 08:17 PM
Last Post: VickyVic
  Let the Dark side block out the sunny coast! Bardello Soldjar 23 44,636 Monday 14-May-2012, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Bardello Soldjar